Dissapointed in SEC football this year

cajuntiger12000

The SEC is not living up to its' hype this year. I cannot put my finger on it. There is no team in the SEC worthy of a top ten ranking in my opinion. Our out of conference winning percentage this year is not impressive. SEC teams claim to have superiority over everyone, but we are not showing it. No excuse for so many dropped balls by both Auburn and LSU, so many missed field goals, so many miscues. Alabama-Tennessee 6-3! Come on. Florida's offense is horrible. Georgia has been playing the best, but now their quarterback is hurt. As usual, Miss St., Vandy, Kentucky, Ole Miss, South Carolina and Arkansas suck. I just don't see how we can honestly say the SEC is the best conference right now. We have lost some of our luster. Add to that, SEC bowl percentage over the last few years has been sub-par. What is wrong?? <_<

The SEC is not living up to its' hype this year.  I cannot put my finger on it.  There is no team in the SEC worthy of a top ten ranking in my opinion.  Our out of conference winning percentage this year is not impressive.  SEC teams claim to have superiority over everyone, but we are not showing it.  No excuse for so many dropped balls by both Auburn and LSU, so many missed field goals, so many miscues.  Alabama-Tennessee 6-3!  Come on.  Florida's offense is horrible.  Georgia has been playing the best, but now their quarterback is hurt.  As usual, Miss St., Vandy, Kentucky, Ole Miss, South Carolina and Arkansas suck.  I just don't see how we can honestly say the SEC is the best conference right now.  We have lost some of our luster.  Add to that, SEC bowl percentage over the last few years has been sub-par.  What is wrong?? <_<

191687[/snapback]

LSU adjusting to a new system along with the other stuff they have had to go through. I think LSU would be a beast atm if Saban was still there.

Florida, the Urban Myer hype. I just don't think that spread option stuff is going to work where the defenses are disciplined and have the same speed his offensive players do.

Auburn. Adjusting to new things in the defense and replacing the entire backfield.

Tenn. I find them to be the biggest let down so far. They had alot of talent coming back. They need to revamp their offense, or get a new QB coach. O has been their issue for more than just this year.

Georgia. Replacing alot on both sides of the ball also including Greene. Shockely is good, but he is no Greene. They lost their two playmaker recievers also. They seem to play to their competition atm.

Bama is having a good year. But the Prothro loss is going to hurt them in special teams and offensively. Just his presence opened up alot of stuff for the Bama offense with the attention that he gained.

Arkansas, lost Matt Jones who has been their offense for 4 years.

The rest is the rest, having the same problems they have had for the last two years.

Look at the other conference though, Big 10 teams are swapping losses with one another each week. Big 12 has Texas and that is it, mean OU was in OT with Baylor last night. Pac 10 has USC, though UCLA might be for real, guess we find out later this year. ACC is pretty respectable.

Honestly I feel there are 3 teams right now....... USC, Texas, Virginia Tech........ then everyone else.

Georgia barely beat Arkansas in Athens... Enough said.

191716[/snapback]

So what? We are still 7-0 and came away with the W.

We lost out starting QB. It happens when your leader goes down in the middle of the game. If he stays in, the game isn't that close at all.

Should we be ranked #11 or lower?

If so, the SEC should no longer be considered a top conference.

If UGA loses to UF, AU, or Tech....then I would agree that we should drop a good bit. But until then, I think we should be ranked if not #5...then around that area.

Georgia barely beat Arkansas in Athens... Enough said.

191716[/snapback]

That was stupid. Thats like saying Auburn should be ranked in the top 10 because they ALMOST beat LSU. Give me a break. I think the SEC is in pretty good standing as a whole. 3 teams in the top 10! Thats pretty dang good, granted I dont think anyone from the SEC can touch the top 3 in the nation......but its still a good showing.

Archived