Clayton and Williams friendly bet

geauxscott

Haven't seen this posted..... But Michael Clayton and Cadillac Williams made a friendly bet on the LSU/AU game. Loser had to wear the others college jersey for a day.

Thought this was pretty cool that they seem to be friends and each have a lot of pride for their schools.

***EDIT*** Link doesn't work, see W.E's post below for article!!!

Buccaneers ready to ride Cadillac again

BY CHRIS HARRY

The Orlando Sentinel

TAMPA, Fla. - The expression on Tampa Bay tailback Carnell Williams' face never changed as he approached his locker Wednesday.

Not even when he saw a Michael Clayton jersey - circa LSU 2003 - waiting for him.

Williams' alma mater, Auburn, lost in overtime Saturday to Clayton's alma mater, LSU. As such, Williams honored his part of a wager, sliding the jersey over his head.

"A deal's a deal," Williams said as he turned a faced a horde of TV cameras and tape recorders in the locker room.

With that, the real-deal question was directed to Williams: Are you playing this week?

"I definitely should be good to go," Williams said.

Well, maybe.

The week's first official injury report listed Williams as questionable for Sunday's game between the Bucs (5-1) and host San Francisco (1-5).

Williams has been missing from the lineup since aggravating a sprained left foot in the third quarter of an Oct. 4 win against Detroit. After leading the NFL in rushing through the season's first games, Williams has been sidelined the past two.

"We expect him to play, to be honest with you," Coach Jon Gruden said.

In the team's first in-pads workout in two weeks, Williams took part in nearly every drill.

"When we put the ball in his hands, he did fine," running backs coach Art Valero said.

But more than that will go into the final decision, which may come down to game time. The Bucs definitely could use Williams' breakaway threat, especially with third-year quarterback Chris Simms making just the third start of his career.

"It's not like he's a 12-year veteran," Gruden said of Williams. "He has to get himself back into an every-down frame of mind. That's the kind of back we envision and that's the kind of back we want him to be_or else he won't be playing."

Williams, who has rushed for 447 yards and two touchdowns, is tired of watching.

"I'm really anxious," Williams said. "I feel like I ain't played football in forever."

Archived