VT

TigrisAzure

VT can be pretty dominant, when they're not screwing around. BC gave them a better game this week, but they still completely owned that game. Last week against Maryland, VT was goofing off and they drummed them. I would like to see that VT defense go up against the USC offense.

AUBURN not Volenqueer

193265[/snapback]

Then what in the samhill was this?

... :moon:   :au:   :lsu:   :ut:   :ua:   :uf:   THATS YOUR TOP 10!

Is English your primary language? I had high hopes for you because of the cool name, but you're starting to worry me.

To Tigris' original contention: No, Auburn does not belong in the Top 10 right now. The only two loss team that can be justified as a top 10 team IMO is Notre Dame. Overtime loss to Mich. State and last second loss to USC and their overall schedule has been a tough one. Other than that, no one else with two losses belongs there.

And VT is deserving of #3 and if they run the table the rest of the way, I say they belong in the top 2.

AFter watching Texas and Va Tech the last few weeks. IMO, either one of them will beat USC. Texas complelty shutdown a high powered Texas Tech offense. Every time I have watched Va Tech their D has been killer. They had Porter, BC QB, looking like a deer in headlights last night.

Yes, I know, USC has a good offense, that has yet to face anyone with a defense. The best defense statistically was Arizona, ranked #76 nationally in total D, and #69 in scoring D (giving up 26.9 ppg). Fresno State will be the best D they will face in the regular season according to stats right now. They are #16 in scoring D, and #22 in total D.

Texas is #7 in scoring D and Va Tech is #1. Texas is #3 in total D and Va Tech is #2. Texas and Va Tech both have good offenses that have to proved to be able to move the ball against solid Ds. Texas against OSU and Va Tech against BC last night. Both QBs, Young and Vick, will give USC problems.

If USC ever plays a defense that can wrap up and tackle well, I think their offense will be reigned in. I mean, even the ND game Reggie Bush was breaking through defenders' arms like wet noodles. I would love to see VT's defense go against USC's offense. Then again, I would love to see how Chizik would prepare for and defend USC's offense, too.

Aw hell, I just want to see somene line up and punch USC in the mouth.

Archived