SEC Defensive Lineman of the Week

Tigermike

Marquies Gunn called it his best game of the season and the Southeastern Conference called his performance vs. Ole Miss good enough to be named the league’s SEC Defensive Lineman of the Week.

Marquies led the AU defense with six solo tackles, including three for losses with one quarterback sack.

:cheer::cheer::cheer:

Congrats to Gunn. Speaking of DLs, what has happened to McGlover.? I hardly ever hear his name mentioned anymore. I know he was hurt earlier in the year but he doesn't seem to be the old intimidator he was supposed to be.

It's a little different playing every down instead of going in on obvious passing downs. Stanley also seems to have some trouble getting off the blocks of the OL. He and everyone else knew he would need to improve his defense of the run. He is getting better but still has room for improvement. He has been bothered by a high ankle sprain during the early part of the season.

Stanley played this past Saturday and looked good the times I was able to see him. Once he puts the whole game together, he will be a very good player. He is fun to watch isn't he?

Archived