My post on the bammer board

Erik81

http://www.crimsontusks.com/viewtopic.php?p=52208

Not flaming-does anyone think the lack of depth Bama has is starting to catch up with them, and that might be a cause of the offensive struggles? Lack of depth, if injuries are not the problem, is more obvious towards the end of the season. The loss of Closner is a real shame because that is a position that cannot afford losses. It's been an emtional year for them and can take alot out of players.

I must say I do not totally buy into the thinking that the Prothro injury is the total reason for the lack of offensive production. I'm sure he had alot of things built for him, but I've never seen a offense go into the hole because of the loss of a reciever, particularly on a top team. Brodie and Darby should still be able to move the offense with or without Prothro (I think Brodie is a very talented QB btw). I think it all comes back to the offensive line against good d lines (I think MSU, Ole Miss, and UT have good defensive lines and I think Titus Brown of MSU and Mohalona are very good D linemen).

I'll be pulling for Bama this weekend as much as it pains me to do so.  so hopefully ya'll get it going this weekend but not too much

thoughts?

I do not get the "Prothro out Offense shuts down" thing. Why? Prothro averaged 170 ypg I was told. Cant someone step up and at least do something?

They could explode for points, but Shula's record as OC goves me pause. I am totaly mystified though.

I agree 100% with your assessment. The O Line was a big liability going into the season, and a few games against decent at best D lines got their heads a little bigger than they normally are in Mulletville. No doubt, the loss of Prothro did hurt, mainly because they used him much like they did that kid that never took his ACT test back in the early 90's, but I believe that they have just finally been exposed on their offensive front.

BTW, LSU's defensive line is much better than all but one they have played so far. What they do this week could solidify that arguement.

Archived