War Eagle spirit alive and well

GalensGhost

Am in the middle of a long business trip. On the plane and on travel days, I wear an AU hat.

So far this trip, I've gotten War Eagles in Richmond, Washington DC, Baltimore, Houston and New Orleans.

My flight Sunday was crammed with glum Bama fans making their way back to where ever they came from. Despite many of them being clad in Bama gear -- including a few unintentionally hilarious folks in houndstooth hats -- I heard nary a RT from anyone. In the DC airport alone, I was War Eagle'd five times.

Amazing.

"IT" is called "AUBURN SPIRIT"......Live IT...Love IT.... :au::cheer:

That's it Tim....GG I was at a good friends house last Saturday watching the AU/UGA game. He is a bammer, but (I know you will say I am lying, but this is the God's honest truth) he is one of the level headed, you can actually carry on a football conversation with bammers...I know...I know....I can see your faces ---> :blink::o

The War Eagle moment commercial came on and he said what is that all about...saying War Eagle across an airport.....I simply said,"It is an Auburn thing, you bammers wouldn't understand." He said,"Obviously not." I just grinned and smiled.

On Channel 2 in Nashville tonight, they showed two twin girls - just a few months old, one or both of whom had just had some organ transplant. One was in an AU sleeper and the other in a UA sleeper. They were totally cute. Of course, the AU kid was larger than the UA kid, just like the schools, and the AU kid appeared to be much smarter than the UA kid, just like the graduates of the two schools!

They were too young to talk, but I think I heard the AU girl goo "War Eagle," while the UA girl gooed, "I hope I don't wind up in some motel room strippin' for a drunken Bammer football coach."

A tale of two future coeds!

In a job a had a few years ago, I would have to take monthly trips up to the New England area to meet with vendors and clients. My sales manager usually joined me on these trips. He was a UAT grad and we would both usually wear our school's gear when out and about after business was completed. It never failed that I would get at least one "WAR EAGLE!" on every trip, but he would never get an RT, ever! I had so much fun rubbing that in all the time.

It is amazing how no matter where you go, even non-Auburn fans know to say "War Eagle" when they see the colors and the :au: . Our "battlecry/greeting" is very unique compared to alot of others schools, which is why I think gets it more recognition (i.e. The Jim Rome Show). It does not start with the word "GO" like most schools do.

I was sitting in the end zone at the Virginia Tech-BC game a couple of weeks (went with a childhood friend who graduate from VT) wearing my AU coat. A good looking lady walks by and gives me a War Eagle. I winked and gave her a hearty War Eagle back. I got a dirty look from her man friend and a high five from my buddy. :P

War Eagle to all....

Archived