Looking back on Saturday

Aubie7

Well, I guess the best thing to say is, thank goodness we didn't have to play another quarter!

I wish that just once, we would go ahead and pound the crimson turds, while we have them down. The 21-0 start was great! However, we didn't try to do too much the second half. Just run, run, run, punt. Granted, they couldn't do much on offense. Thank goodness we will have some new DB's next year. Maybe over the off season someone can show them how to jump and bat down balls, instead of just standing ther and watching an opponent catch a pass (UGA, UAT, VT, etc, etc!). The last TD took some of the fun out of the game no doubt. Now you hear UAT fans proclaiming John-Boy Walton as the "next Heisman Winner at UAT". He has a lot of work to do to top BC's 3 Heismans! :roflol:

QB- A-

Nothing great, but no major mistakes

RB (ie KI)- A

He just missed a couple of long runs by a shoestring

DB's - C-

Hopefully, we won't face a big passing team in the bowl game

D-Line A+++

:homer: DOOO!

Special teams - C

Punt return - AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Another missed field goal.

Coaching B+

Second half plan was terrible. No points. It had nothing to do with UAT defense. Our offense was simply put on hold. A break here or there (which UAT usuaully gets; like the last TD) and the game would have swung quickly

Had we done well earlier on, we would be in Atlanta: Whose fault? If we are lucky, we go to Orlando. I feel the "powers that be" will send UAT down south and we get stuck in Atlanta or Dallas, both of which would stink!

I've tried to give you some credit the last couple of weeks but this post beats all. DBs give up 150 yds passing and get a C- over one play that didn't change the outcome at all? Get real. :rolleyes:

Well, I guess the best thing to say is, thank goodness we didn't have to play another quarter!

Yeah, cuz they wuz cumin own strowng! Goober. They hit a lucky pass on 4th down with the game out of reach against a defense we woudn't have employed if they game had been closer.

I wish that just once, we would go ahead and pound the crimson turds, while we have them down. The 21-0 start was great! However, we didn't try to do too much the second half. Just run, run, run, punt. Granted, they couldn't do muchon offense.

Your last line should have clued you in. When their offense is obviously shellshocked and not going to move on our defense, why get greedy and possibly make a critical error that sets them up to get back in the game?

Thank goodnes we will have some new DB's next year. Maybe over the off season someone can show them how to jump and bat down balls, instead of just standing ther and watching an opponent catch a pass (UGA, UAT, VT, etc, etc!). The last TD took some of the fun out of the game no doubt.

It was window dressing. But this defense covered the WRs very well the whole game except for that one pass at the end.

QB- A-

Nothing great, but no major mistakes

I'm going to bump it to an "A" because his play fakes were awesome and really set up the Obomanu reverse for a TD. Plus that was a nice throw to Obo for the first TD...up over the first defender but not so high Ben couldn't grab it.

RB (ie KI)- A

He just missed a couple of long runs by a shoestring

Agreed.

DB's - C-

Hopefully, we won't face a big passing team in the bowl game

Too harsh for the reasons stated above. I give them a B+ with only the long pass to the TE and that hail mary at the end as low points.

D-Line A+++

:homer: DOOO!

There isn't a grade high enough for the performance these guys put on.

Special teams - C

Punt return - AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Another missed field goal.

Fair.

Coaching B+

Second half plan was terrible. No points. It had nothing to do with UAT defense. Our offense was simply put on hold. A break here or there (which UAT usuaully gets; like the last TD) and the game would have swung quickly

Malarky. The game plan was great. We buried them early and were so inside their heads on defense, the game was over at halftime. We didn't need to do anything else. I give them an A+

Had we done well earlier on, we would be in Atlanta: Whose fault?

I'd say it was a matter of less experienced players and normal growing pains. Our coaches have done an outstanding job this year, especially considering what we lost in terms of players and Chizik heading to Texas.

Seven is just upset because uat got beat. ;):lol:

way off on a number of things here. FIRST, we are not getting new DBs next year. david irons might go pro early if his draft report is really good (and just so you know, it just might be a 2nd round draft report which kinda flies in the face of your "our dbs suck" theory). montae pitts and jae wilhite are back. will herring, eric brock, and steve gandy are all back... as are patrick lee and tony bell. so your two-deep is going to consistent entirely of players that started this year OR possibly a guy like bell how has played in the past. so that's off.

SECOND, the gameplan didn't suck in the second half. we ran the ball effectively (see: kenny had 30 yards in the first half and finished over 100), and that's all we needed to do. in this game, a win is a win is a win. and we're not playing for national titles so who cares about beauty points? oh wait, apparently you do.

THIRD, our early season performances had no bearing our the current situation we are in. geogia tech isn't actually in the sec so that didn't affect our ability to play in atlanta. lsu was the 7th game of the season which is clearly in the second half of the season, and since that's the only loss we took (in death valley, in overtime, with a fluke 1 for 6 night from our kicker against the team currently ranked 3rd in the ap by the way) in the sec i'd say we did what we had to do early in the season. it just so happens that the state of the sec west is: lose one game and you may be done. if we're in the east, we're in atlanta. look at the last three years: 2003 lsu finishes 7-1 in league play, 2004 auburn finishes 8-0 in league play, 2005 either lsu or auburn is going with a record of 7-1. we were just unlucky in who the one loss was.

brandon played perfect in the first half, and we only threw it 6 times in the second. so he did his thing. kenny was great. the line was better (one sack and 100+ yards rushing... we're going to miss those tackles next year).

the defensive front was amazing. the secondary was pretty dang impressive. you realize (or maybe you didn't) that alabama had 80 total yards before the start of their second to last drive. 80. total. they more than doubled the entire second half production when brodie hit that tight end pass (which was on a linebacker in coverage not our secondary by the way). and the entire last drive we had the backup secondary in the game (kevin hobbs was in the whole drive and patrick lee got his only playing time during that drive).

so yeah, i wish they hadn't hit the hail mary against the second string secondary, but it happened. an nice job throwing the vatech game in there. newsflash: ONLY ONE STARTER FROM THAT GAME IS STARTING IN THIS SECONDARY! that group included an all-american and a thorpe award winner neither of which is on this team. and this group held brodie to 108 yards passing, his lowest total of the season. dj hall had zero catches before the second to last drive of the game. gimme a break, did you watch our secondary play? did you see jae knock down two passes in the endzone in single coverage during the fourth quarter? did you see travis drop into coverage and almost pick it off in the third? did you see patrick lee drop an int in the endzone? i suppose not.

the coaching staff deserves to be applauded for this game. our defense was 100X sharper than last week and the offense put up 3X more points than bama defensive scoring average, but you were too busy complaining to notice.

Aubie7, I have read your clueless, negative posts before, but this one takes the cake. It has to be the stupidest collection of meaningless words I've seen posted on this board!!!!

You would find a lot more sympathy and like minded posters on the the Bammer boards so why not take this garbage over there. Of course, they might just ban you for being sarcastic and making fun of them. Even in their delusion, they know what you're saying is a crock!!!

Just WOW! PowerI even had good things to say about this game, POWERI!

Normal I try to avoid commenting on someone’s level of being an Auburn person. However I think War Tim maybe right you really are a bammer. If not well then you have to be the most depressed Tiger fan on the planet.

Archived