Bama Fans

AUfan88

I never have visited a rival's board before, but recently I visited Crimson Tusks and I just do not get why they always fall back on the "cow college" thing. Good lord, I have heard it all before, but would people just please shut up. One poster said something about how every trailer in Lee County would have a Honk if You Sacked Brody sticker. Have they not taken a look at their fanbase recently! I have never seen an Auburn fan in this day and age with a mullet, can't say the same for Alabama. Also, what is wrong with agriculture, Alabama fans have to eat to survive to(well, that's debateable), where do they think their meat and vegetables come from. Just because you are a farmer, does not make you whitetrash by any means. One of my dad's patients that we tailgated with before the Georgia Tech game owns a farm out in Jasper and is one of the nicest and well spoken people I have ever met. Also, do Alabama fans not realize some of the best schools have agriculture schools(Florida and Georgia). Thank you for your time and I hope that I have not whined too much for you all.

Having two brothers that went through AU's agriculture/horticulture program (I was a biz major myself)...I can assure you that these fine alumni are getting the last laugh. Let the mullet tuscalooser freaks say what they want...the students graduating from our "cow" programs are leading the nation in all kinds of new research and laughing all the way to the bank with their "redneck farming" jobs. Hillarious.

B)

War Eagle :au:

I never have visited a rival's board before, but recently I visited Crimson Tusks and I just do not get why they always fall back on the "cow college" thing. Good lord, I have heard it all before, but would people just please shut up. One poster said something about how every trailer in Lee County would have a Honk if You Sacked Brody sticker. Have they not taken a look at their fanbase recently! I have never seen an Auburn fan in this day and age with a mullet, can't say the same for Alabama. Also, what is wrong with agriculture, Alabama fans have to eat to survive to(well, that's debateable), where do they think their meat and vegetables come from. Just because you are a farmer, does not make you whitetrash by any means. One of my dad's patients that we tailgated with before the Georgia Tech game owns a farm out in Jasper and is one of the nicest and well spoken people I have ever met. Also, do Alabama fans not realize some of the best schools have agriculture schools(Florida and Georgia). Thank you for your time and I hope that I have not whined too much for you all.

200757[/snapback]

The same reason that 99% of this board refers to Bama as "UAT". Some people think it's cute.

p.s. Before this thread blows up to inform me that you guys call Bama UAT because you don't want to confuse anyone, don't waste your time. I've heard all the reasons behind it. ;)

:big:

200757[/snapback]

The same reason that 99% of this board refers to Bama as "UAT". Some people think it's cute.

p.s. Before this thread blows up to inform me that you guys call Bama UAT because you don't want to confuse anyone, don't waste your time. I've heard all the reasons behind it. ;)

200769[/snapback]

Aw come on Tidefan24, if B'ham is UAB, Huntsville is UAH then why is it not logical that Tuscaloosa be UAT?

PT, I don't see anyone referring to Auburn as AUA, since that would logically follow due to there being an AUM.

Also, about a month anda hlaf ago I stopped with my fiance in Montgomery to eat at Wings when we both noticed a guy with a AU hat and sleeveless t-shirt (ya know it had to be to have the next item:) and wearing the bigged mullet you have EVER seen! We both busted out laughing, and her a huge AU fan to boot.

Also, the trailer comment probably refers to where many MANY students live, right off Wire Rd.

PT, I don't see anyone referring to Auburn as AUA, since that would logically follow due to there being an AUM.

200785[/snapback]

No, no, silly bammer. We don't need AUA because the name of the school already has the name of the town in it. Auburn University. Easy. Now, when discussing the branch campus in Montgomery, the extra town moniker is needed. However, with The University of Alabama, there's room for all sorts of confusion. Is it the one in Tuscaloosa, Huntsville, Birmingham? So, we just like to be clear and helpful to people. :poke:

If uat is good enough for the NCAA, well, It's good enough for me. :)

p.s. Wouldn't want to confuse the good folks at UAB with a team that is currently on NCAA probation. That simply wouldn't be fair to a team that plays by the rules.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

p.s.s. UAB also has a winning record over the last three years. ;)

Also, what is wrong with agriculture, Alabama fans have to eat to survive to(well, that's debateable), where do they think their meat and vegetables come from. Just because you are a farmer, does not make you whitetrash by any means.

I use say the same thing when bammer fans would make fun of Auburn University being an agricultural school. Also I knew some guys when I was in school at AU that were agriculture majors. It's not an easy major. There's a lot science involved, especially chemistry.

I never even thought UAT was offensive.....Just thought it mean univ of alabama in tuscaloosa.....since there is a UAB and UAH.

Regardless....back to the first topic, you just gotta take it with a grain of salt, it aint personal B)

Actually, I'll admit to using "UAT" because I know it irritates Bama fans. At least I've stopped using "SPUAT". However, I don't take it too seriously when they call us "cow college" in similar vein. In any case, I suspect most people have a better opinion of farmers than lawyers (don't hear too many "farmer" jokes these days), so I guess it's good we don't have a law school. :big: (No offense to our resident barristers at WEN)

But speaking of agriculture: I understand the grounds crew at Auburn is going to make Brodie an honorary member because of his intimate knowledge of the Dye Field turf.

[And while we're on the subject of irritating Bama fans, can't someone invent or find a Smilie holding up four fingers?]

seriously though, i really want one of those "honk if you sacked bordie stickers" ask those guys at CT where I can get one.....no joke

seriously though, i really want one of those "honk if you sacked bordie stickers"  ask those guys at CT where I can get one.....no joke

200824[/snapback]

Nevermind..... found it!

I never even thought UAT was offensive.....Just thought it mean univ of alabama in tuscaloosa.....since there is a UAB and UAH.

Regardless....back to the first topic, you just gotta take it with a grain of salt, it aint personal  B)

200804[/snapback]

uat ISN'T offensive! For some inexplicable reason, bammie fans who complain about the use of uat do not want to be associated with Tuscaloosa. Go figure. {make your own joke here, I've left this one wide open. :P }

seriously though, i really want one of those "honk if you sacked bordie stickers"  ask those guys at CT where I can get one.....no joke

200824[/snapback]

Nevermind..... found it!

200827[/snapback]

Share the info, where can the bumper stickers be found?

I agree with Tim, if UAT is good enough for the NCAA, it's good enough for me. On the plus side, using the term really, really, really, really bothers the Bammers. Really.

I'm sure we all know a bammer that some if not all of these apply..

Your a bammer if

•You take your dog for a walk and you both use the same tree.

•Your property has been mistaken for a recycling center.

•Your boat has not left the driveway in 15 years.

•You burn your yard rather than mow it.

•You think the Nutcracker is something you did off the high dive.

•The Salvation Army declines your mattress.

•Your entire family sat around waiting for a call from the governor to spare a loved one.

•You offer to give someone the shirt off your back and they don't want it.

•You have the local taxidermist on speed dial.

•You come back from the dump with more than you took.

•You keep a can of Raid on the kitchen table.

•Your wife can climb a tree faster than your cat.

•Your grandmother has "Ammo" on her Christmas list.

•You've been kicked out of the zoo for heckling the monkeys.

•You think a subdivision is part of a math problem.

•You've bathed with flea and tick soap.

•You've been involved in a custody fight over a hunting dog.

•Your kids take a siphon hose to show and tell.

•You think a hot tub is a stolen indoor plumbing fixture.

•You took a fishing pole to Sea World.

•You go to the stock car races and don't need a program.

•You know how many bales of hay your car will hold.

•You have a rag for a gas cap.

•You've hit on somebody in a VD clinic.

•Your father executes the "Pull my finger" trick during Christmas dinner.

•You had romantic thoughts when you heard sheep bleat.

•Your house doesn't have curtains but your truck does.

•You wonder how service stations keep their restrooms so clean.

•You can spit without opening your mouth.

•You consider your license plate personalized because your father made it.

•Your lifetime goal is to own a fireworks stand.

•You sit on your roof at Christmas time hoping to fill your deer quota.

•Your richest relative buys a new house and calls you up to help him take the wheels off.

•You have a complete set of salad bowls and they all say Cool Whip on the side.

•The biggest city you've ever been to is Walmart.

•Your working TV sits on top of your non-working TV.

•You thought the Unibomber was a wrestler.

•You've ever used your ironing board as a buffet table.

•You think a quarter horse is that ride in front of K-Mart.

•Your neighbors think you're a detective because a cop always brings you home.

•A tornado hits your neighborhood and does a $100,000 worth of improvement.

•You've used a toilet brush as a back scratcher.

•You've asked the preacher "How's it hangin'?"

•You missed 5th grade graduation because you had jury duty.

•You think fast food is hitting a deer at 65mph.

•Somebody tells you that you've got something in your teeth and you take them out to see what it is.

•You've ever stared at a can of orange juice because it said concentrate.

Guest Tigrinum Major
Good list, but seriously, how many students live in trailers? I knew some did, but how many actually do?

200862[/snapback]

Not as many as used to. The whole trailer thing came about at the end of World War II when a huge number of GI's took advantage of the government's offer for education assistance and headed to college. Auburn solved a housing crunch by setting up trailer parks which were still a big percentage of student housing up until about ten years ago. Condos and townhouses began to replace trailers as the housing of choice for many and the trailer thing has started to fade. I would estimate that about 25% of students live in trailers these days.

And Strey, the trailer comment was more like hay trailers, which would be hooked up to tractors and more likely to have a bumper sticker affixed to it.

I don't mind that they call us a cow college...cause we ARE a cow college. we have cows on campus. BUT I would much rather live in a protected bubble of a cow college like Auburn or Penn St. than live in the middle of a dangerous bustling city like LSU is in Red Stick or UT is in Knoxville.

Let them call us a cow college for it is what keeps us safe at night!

:cheer::au::cheer:

Good list, but seriously, how many students live in trailers? I knew some did, but how many actually do?

200862[/snapback]

Not as many as used to. The whole trailer thing came about at the end of World War II when a huge number of GI's took advantage of the government's offer for education assistance and headed to college. Auburn solved a housing crunch by setting up trailer parks which were still a big percentage of student housing up until about ten years ago. Condos and townhouses began to replace trailers as the housing of choice for many and the trailer thing has started to fade. I would estimate that about 25% of students live in trailers these days.

And Strey, the trailer comment was more like hay trailers, which would be hooked up to tractors and more likely to have a bumper sticker affixed to it.

200869[/snapback]

I think the big thing moving people out of trailers is the fact that the apartment complexes have EXPLODED in the last three years. It's INSANE!!!! Of course, AU still can't house half of its incoming freshment each year, which really contributes to the off-campus housing.

I've some relatives that did the agriculture bit, they farm to this day. What my grandfather went into after WWII.

What Bama fans should check out before they make those jokes is the number of Alabama fans that come to Auburn so they can get their agriculture degree.

I did the trailor thing this year, no biggie to me. Done apartment, townhouse, condo, duplex, and fraternity house. A lot more room for the price, noone on top of you, and noone on the sides of you what I chose it for. Live a year under a group of freshmen that party every night (well it was half a semester, they never returned lol) and the having noone on your walls or roof bit is huge.

I live in a trailer....I hate it and love it. Hate the fact I wake up with scorpions and racoons, love the fact that it is quiet and right out in the woods.

Archived