UAT's Prothro

GaTigerFan

I've seen it mentioned on a UAT board, from someone claiming to know, that there is only a slim chance (10%) that Prothro will return to the player he once was. Has anyone else heard anything like this? If this is true, I really hate for the guy.

Prayers go out to this guy!

I hope he had insurance(I'm guessing it is unlikely

) and/or he finishes up his degree at bammer and is successful in life if he doesn't play again.

Oh my God people, if Prothro returned to 100% of the player he was he'd be a better than average SEC receiver. What did this guy do to get elevated to this legendary status everybody (including boobs Lundquist and Blackmon) make him out to be? SHOW me the numbers, consistently great plays, etc. to justify all this hype. This guy has been made into the best excuse Bama has for mailing in some of its most impotant games this year. And UF would have lost to Troy State the way they played against the Crimson Necks so don't go there.

Oh my God people, if Prothro returned to 100% of the player he was he'd be a better than average SEC receiver. What did this guy do to get elevated to this legendary status everybody (including boobs Lundquist and Blackmon) make him out to be? SHOW me the numbers, consistently great plays, etc. to justify all this hype. This guy has been made into the best excuse Bama has for mailing in some of its most impotant games this year. And UF would have lost to Troy State the way they played against the Crimson Necks so don't go there.

201026[/snapback]

the obvious thing to point out would be that bama couldn't score any points after he got hurt, but i think if you were to look back at the games he played in you would see why he was such a great reciever. in case you have forgotten he made possibly the bast catch in the history of football against southern miss. early in the year and fought double coverage the entire year and still led the team in recieving. also behind reggie bush he was probably the most dangerous return man in the nation. he is not the only reason that bama sucks now but it isn't fair to say that he isn't a great football player.

201026[/snapback]

The guy made enough circus catches before the injury to last an entire team 4 years. If you'd like I'll pull up my highlight videos and reupload them to my site so you can see them when I get back up to AU.

201026[/snapback]

The guy made enough circus catches before the injury to last an entire team 4 years. If you'd like I'll pull up my highlight videos and reupload them to my site so you can see them when I get back up to AU.

201033[/snapback]

would you do this just for the sake of me seeing some cool catches?

He took a hard injury. Getting 100% off a double fracture like that would be a feat.

I broke my ulna/radius basically the same way he did. Got flipped, came down at the right angle, dislocated my hand and broke em both. Still have pain in it at times and lost 20% or so of movement. Can't even do curls with it, pain just shoots through the wrist and the area that it broke, and I have rehabed it.

I do hope he is able to come back, and if not that he finishes his degree and has a successful life.

Regardless all of our prayers should be sent to Prothro. I think everyone can honestly admit that Prothro will not be the Prothro he once was.....This is worse than the A. Carter situation.

I hope he's able to return 100%. He seems like a good guy and team player. My heart really goes out to the guy. Also I heard coming out of high school he wanted to go to Auburn but did not receive a scholarship offer. I'm sure that's one decision Coach Tuberville would take back if he could.

What did this guy do to get elevated to this legendary status everybody (including boobs Lundquist and Blackmon) make him out to be?

201026[/snapback]

He made an incredible, and almost impossible, catch behind a defensive player’s back for a touchdown. I thoroughly enjoyed watching this guy play ball. He is an excellent receiver, and any Auburn Fan would love him to come back to active status. Why? Because how many Auburn fans truly love to see Auburn romp over Alabama? I mean, I remember the days of close games, moreover the whipping we receive during the Bear years. And actually that did more for me as a fan that any romp I have every witnessed. Close games just mean more to me. I'm, thinking it's the competitiveness of the game that means the most. Although, the lack of the Prothro excuse is contributed to the fact that the ball must be put into the air by the quarterback, and this is impossible to do if the quarterback in on the ground.

201026[/snapback]

201033[/snapback]

201043[/snapback]

I'll check to see if I already have some on my site, but if I deleted them like I think i did I'll reupload them tomorrow afternoon or this weekend when I get in to AU.

I hope he makes it back because I love football, and I mean LOVE IT! Anyone who can play at the next level, and gets hurt like that, deserves a prayer every time you think of football. His dreams may have been shattered, or at least put on hold. And at that age, it's tough to take. Heck, at any age for that matter.

Only problem...................HE'S A BAMMER ;)

War Prothro.... Wish him well.

What did this guy do to get elevated to this legendary status everybody (including boobs Lundquist and Blackmon) make him out to be?

201026[/snapback]

He made an incredible, and almost impossible, catch behind a defensive player’s back for a touchdown. I thoroughly enjoyed watching this guy play ball. He is an excellent receiver, and any Auburn Fan would love him to come back to active status. Why? Because how many Auburn fans truly love to see Auburn romp over Alabama? I mean, I remember the days of close games, moreover the whipping we receive during the Bear years. And actually that did more for me as a fan that any romp I have every witnessed. Close games just mean more to me. I'm, thinking it's the competitiveness of the game that means the most. Although, the lack of the Prothro excuse is contributed to the fact that the ball must be put into the air by the quarterback, and this is impossible to do if the quarterback in on the ground.

201071[/snapback]

actually, prothro was ruled (correctly) down at the two yard line. It wasn't a touchdown.

second...i am one auburn fan that will enjoy a romp over alabama every year...and not just by auburn... i don't want any close games, i want an auburn blowout win every year.

I don't think it is far off to say Tyrone was the best WR in the SEC this year and one of the best I had seen in awhile

Great hands, Great speed, and a QB who could get him the ball.

I would take him

I need to hire Prothro's agent...(s)he's obviously doing a good job. Pro didn't play half the season and ya'll are calling him the best WR in the SEC this year...it sounds like mainly based on the catch against Southern Miss (a catch that ESPN incidentally reminds us of in their commercials almost daily). Good guy, bad guy, I'm just saying Pro sounds like the flavor of the week w/out any substance to back up the claim. Feels like I'm hearing the "Urban Myer is God" claims from last August. I remember some LSU WR made a behind the back TD catch about 5-6 years ago and the media treated him like Jerry Rice the rest of the year. Who hasn't been playing sandlot ball and had a friend make an amazing catch like that? Occasional, anecdotal AMAZING catches are not the measure of greatness w/ WRs. I'm not buying the circus catch school of thought.

All I can say is, if any guy could come back from an injury, it would have to be Pro. He'll find a way to rehab in his sleep if he has to. I'm positive he'll be back next year. He's just way too dedicated to be set back by an injury, even one as serious as this.

For no other reason than his health, I hope he doesn't come back. An injury like that, reinjured, can result in a lifetime limp or worse and with his size and pro-prospects, it's simply isn't worth it. Get your degree TP, and bask in your hour in the sun....

201026[/snapback]

201033[/snapback]

201043[/snapback]

These started when I got my TV Tuner. They ended when I started not having enough time in the week to spend 3-4 hours going through a game's film and grabbing plays.

UA v USC Reel

UA v UA Reel

UA v UF Reel

The Catch

Prothro Tribute (Made by BamaFan425)

You MUST have DiVX installed to view these. You can download the codec here: http://www.divx.com/ or with many other codec packs avaliable online.

Archived