CAB and his Wife and Son.

DKW 86

Link

Life's gorgeous for Borges

Thursday, November 24, 2005

By PHILLIP MARSHALL

Times Sports Staff pmarsh9485@msn.com

Auburn coordinator has great offense and joy of fatherhood

AUBURN - Today is a special Thanksgiving for Auburn offensive coordinator Al Borges.

He is basking in the warm glow of 22 wins in the 24 Auburn games he has coached, including last Saturday's 28-18 defeat of Alabama at Jordan-Hare Stadium. His offense leads the Southeastern Conference in scoring and in total yards. In two seasons, he has become one of Auburn's all-time favorite assistant coaches.

Those are good and joyful things for a 50-year-old man who has coached football since he was a teenager. But it's not football these days that brings Borges' broadest smile, that makes his eyes sparkle with sheer delight.

At the home of Al and Nikki Borges, married for seven years, this Thanksgiving is about Cole Borges.

Cole was born to a single mother in Dana Point, Calif., on Jan. 11 of this year. Wanting her baby to be assured of a better life, she had decided to allow him to be adopted. She saw Al and Nikki Borges as the perfect solution.

more....

Great article. I read it early this morning. I couldn't help thinking back a couple of years and the comments a lot of Auburn fans (including many here) made when Tubs hired Borges over some more media visible darlings. Whatever happened to those geniuses? :big:

"Tommy makes families so very welcome," Nikki said. "I think it's just great, and there are so many benefits to raising a family in a community this size."

I was one of those upset at the time, but obviously I was an idiot.  This guy can coach.

201093[/snapback]

Now that is what I call manning up. Bud!

I can't remember what I said or thought, other than "I hope this turns out good. If it doesn't CTT could be toast." The entire AUBURN nation is very happy with the results!

WAR EAGLE!

Awesome article. The family atmosphere around AU is alive & well, thanks to CTT & staff. I always hear about our recruits mentioning that as a reason for signing with AU, and often wonder whether or not that's just something they're saying.

I'm hoping Al Borges & family will continue to enjoy their time at AU for years to come. WDE :au:

my favorite:

SouthLink02  Feb 14 2004, 01:24 AM Post #73 

Watch this guy lead Auburn to the Sugar Bowl.....

--------------------

Erik81  Feb 14 2004, 02:23 AM Post #74 

how bout the Orange Bowl 

--------------------

JC Cool  Feb 14 2004, 02:28 AM Post #75 

tru dat...

Very nice article. Great to read about the coaches outside of football. :thumbsup:

just tucking this thread away for a later day.

i think it'll be an interesting read in a year or two...after much has been said & done.

ct

Hey Erik, you fell one debacle from being a physco(sp? :P )

Archived