Who wins the SECCG? UGA or LSU

SouthLink02

Who wins the SECCG? UGA or LSU  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the SECCG? UGA or LSU

• Georgia
    • LSU

if you think alabama/lsu was more emotional than the iron bowl then you really don't watch football.

201713[/snapback]

OK, Bama played LSU with hopes of going undefeated and crashing the USC/Texas lovefest. And they played at home.

After they lost, Bama did not control their destiny. They went into AU flat as a two year old RC cola. To use that game as a AU/LSU measuring stick is silly.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not sure I expected the thread to go this far

:lol:

201758[/snapback]

What's your take on the UGA/Tech game, slink?

Nothing has changed from my first post.

I think the game will be 27-24 or in that area for both teams.

I don't think either team will blow out the other. With the way LSU's WR's are catching AND the way UGA's WR's are catching, I doubt either offense has enough power to muster 30+ points.

I am not as worried about Vincent as I was heading into 2003 but with that said him rushing for 100 yards wouldn't shock me.

Right now, I would stick with 27-24 LSU.

:lol::lol: He put 2005 Alabama State champs in the sig, thats gotta be the lamest thing ever

Come on Ellis, stop taking elementry school level shots and just go enjoy the SECG, and stop trying to take credit for our win over Alabama and the discovery of how to beat Alabama :lol:

Nothing has changed from my first post.

I think the game will be 27-24 or in that area for both teams.

I don't think either team will blow out the other. With the way LSU's WR's are catching AND the way UGA's WR's are catching, I doubt either offense has enough power to muster 30+ points.

I am not as worried about Vincent as I was heading into 2003 but with that said him rushing for 100 yards wouldn't shock me.

Right now, I would stick with 27-24 LSU.

201767[/snapback]

Did you know that Dwayne Bowe promised not to drop another pass after the Auburn game? He dropped the ball on two consecutive plays against Arky. Plus multiple others.

Watch for Leonard Pope to have an amazing game. We haven't played against a tight end like him all year (Wallace wasn't used against us). He's gonna be open.

I'm not as scared of UGA's defense as I was in 03. They seem much smaller and definitely less physical.

Size wise, they aren't smaller by any means and are probably bigger.

Speed wise, they aren't any slower then 2003.

Problem is experience.

Miller takes bad routes and isn't a LB. He should be playing DE instead.

Taylor/VW are both solid yet injured players.

Will be interesting to see which D shows up.

As for Bowe, you should try watching Sean Bailey catch a football. I swear at times he is hitting it away from him. He may be the most over-rated 5-Star WR from the 2003 recruiting class. People say it is mental for him but why is it he can never break away from a secondary? He isn't slow so what is it? Ugh, pathetic.

They seem much smaller and definitely less physical.

Size wise, they aren't smaller by any means and are probably bigger.

Speed wise, they aren't any slower then 2003.

Problem is experience.

Miller takes bad routes and isn't a LB. He should be playing DE instead.

Taylor/VW are both solid yet injured players.

Will be interesting to see which D shows up.

201828[/snapback]

Lets just hope that Lumpkin drops a sure TD on the first drive again... ;)

Enjoy this season corndogs...with that Big 12 coach you have, you won't be contending for much else from here on out.  You'll see what I'm talking about as soon as Saban's boys leave after this year.  :big:

201751[/snapback]

Addendum:

Miles, "that Big 12 coach", won more game this year than Saban did with the same players last year.

You think it's easy to win with someone else's players? Ask Urban Meyer. You think it's easy to win with a lot of talent? Ask Phillip Fulmer.

You think it's easy to become one of the top three teams in the nation when you're forced to take a home game on the road and play your last 10 games over 10 straight weeks?

Say what you want, but Miles should be COY for his accomplishments!

We will see what type coach miles is when he must play with the "talent" that HE recruits. ;)

... Say what you want, but Miles should be COY for his accomplishments!

201895[/snapback]

COY, really? LSU has led a charmed life this season with miracle wins against ASU, AU, uat & UA. The bigger question is will Les Miles still get a COY vote if LSU loses to UGA in the SECCG? We shall see.

Miles will not see COY by a long shot, if he deserves it or not is not the debate I am getting into. However miles will not see it for 5 reasons.

1. Pete Carroll - a 33 or 34 game winning streak is impressive even if it is in the pac 10. Also he is going for his third MNC.

2. Charlie Weiss - Does anyone in the world get more love for beating only 3 teams with a winning record. He has brought some semblance of respect back to ND, and we all know EVERYONE loves ND :rolleyes: .

3. Joe Paterno - He is one of the most well liked coaches in the game ever. Taking Penn State to a 10-1 record this season after the total meltdown that was the '03 and '04 season, shows he still has it in him to coach.

4. Mack Brown - Has been one of the best Big 12 coaches in the last 5 years, he finally got the Sooner monkey off his back. While texas did struggle (and that’s putting it nice) against A&M, they have played ok most of the season.

5. Blown 21 points lead to a totaly inept Tennessee team and very close games with bama, auburn, arky and asu.

Personally I think either Jo Pa or Carroll will get it Carroll if he beats texas in rose and Jo Pa if Texas wins.

Spurrier should get SEC coach of the year. Miles got a loaded team.

Spurrier inherited a team that went 0 for last year, went on probation, kicked off 13 players including some of his best, and still got them a winning season and was in contention for the Eastern Crown, and into a bowl game. He made a huge turn-around.

I realize that Miles had alot to contend with due to the hurricane, but again he had a loaded team.

I'd vote for Spurrier, for the reason listed above.

Spurrier should get SEC coach of the year.  Miles got a loaded team.

Spurrier inherited a team that went 0 for last year, went on probation, kicked off 13 players including some of his best, and still got them a winning season and was in contention for the Eastern Crown, and into a bowl game. He made a huge turn-around.

I realize that Miles had alot to contend with due to the hurricane, but again he had a loaded team.

I'd vote for Spurrier, for the reason listed above.

202073[/snapback]

Spurrier should not get COY...he only won 1 more game than S. Carolina did last year hunder Holtz (6-5). Lest you forget, S. Carolina was bowl eligible but didn't go b/c of the brawl w/ Clemson to end the year.

Miles on the other hand, didn't play his 1st scheduled game, played his 2nd scheduled game (home) at Tempe which was moved 3 days before the game...both due to Hurricane Katrina; played his 3rd game on a Monday night 2 days after Hurricane Rita, which was the 1st of 10 consecutive weekends of LSU football. The SECCG game will be the 11th straight weekend of play for LSU.

No team had more than 6 consecutive games throughout the year. Try getting a team up for that. And, loaded or not, he did more this year with Saban's talent than Saban did last year. Pretty remarkable for a new coach and new system.

Phil Fulmer had a loaded team too...preseason #3 by all publications. Florida has pretty good talent too but under new coach Urban Meyer they were believed to perform better but didn't.

BTW, had Shula beaten Auburn I would have voted him SEC COY.

USC's team this and last year were completely different.

Best two WR's? Gone

Starting QB? Gone

ONLY good DL? Kicked off team

Best 3 OL's? Graduated

Starting RB and then backup RB? Gone

Hell, they had to use a true freshman most of the year at RB along with newbies on the OL almost all year.

Their DL was the biggest joke in CF last year whether it was tackling or putting pressure on the QB.

What Spurrier did was flat out ridiculous even with UT/UF being so "down" so to say.

I would love to bash Spurrier and his 7-4 record but that team had no business winning 5-6 games.

Stephanous Maximus would get my vote for Coach of the Year in the SEC.

Alas, I do not have a vote. :D

Archived