Who wins the SECCG? UGA or LSU

SouthLink02

Who wins the SECCG? UGA or LSU  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the SECCG? UGA or LSU

• Georgia
    • LSU

And so it is....UGA/LSU....where all of my family sends me LSU gear in the mail and I get 10 emails a day with Aunts, Uncles, and nieces/nephews telling me how God himself is looking down on LSU.

I thought about advantages and disadvantages and pretty much decided a few things.

Home-Field advantage will mean nothing. LSU will bring their fans and be loud.

Kicking advantage should go to UGA with Contu but knowing LSU and their ability to have kickers miss everything, I doubt it exists.

The whole game will come down to one thing, IMO.

The running game. Something LSU's DL can stop and ours can't. Our rush D has been terrible lately...whether it is Golsten being hurt or whoever else isn't playing 100%, we just can't stop a team with a good OL and a good RB.

Arkansas and Auburn had their way with us.

With that said, I think LSU takes this game 29-24.

UGA winning this game wouldn't surprise me in the least as Shockley can throw on the secondary but which OL will show up? The OL that slowed AU down or the way that Arkansas, Florida, and SC had their way with?

LSU WR's were dropping a lot today which makes me feel good but outside of Mo Mass, our WR's couldn't catch a cold

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Before the Arky game I was thinking about this and for some reason I just think UGA is better. With a healthy Shockey I think UGA is a 3 point favorite. I don't know if a win for either team will help AU's chances of getting a BCS at-large bid, but I would think UGA winning would. Who knows. But the Dawgs are going to have to bring the same kind of game they brought against us. If they do, they will win.

If LSU plays up to their potential. LSU wins big.

If LSU plays like they did tonight and many times during the year, Georgia wins big.

I wouldn't place one red cent on this game with these two teams. Neither plays consistent or up to their potential.

I'm sure you nailed it that Arkansas would take LSU to the last play of the game.

Anyway, maybe you're confusing me with someone else, I didn't make any predictions, although I figured we'd win by a decent amount.

And anyone in the dome two years ago could tell you who was louder, even before the JV run.

And anyone in the dome two years ago could tell you who was louder, even before the JV run.

Before the JV run, it wasn't loud by either.

After that run, it was all LSU. Not sure anyone has argued otherwise.

You can have the noise. I just want the win.

If LSU plays like they did tonight and many times during the year, Georgia wins big.

I wouldn't place one red cent on this game with these two teams. Neither plays consistent or up to their potential.

201340[/snapback]

Agree with this 99%, only thing is that I think the largest margin is 10-14 (not sure what you consider wins big).

Both teams have been Jeckyl and Hide throughout the season. Both teams QB's have been hot then cold, and had problems catching the ball.

I think one advantage that Georgia has is Shockleys ability to escape the front 4 of LSU and buy time for Pope who has really come on in the last 2 weeks. I give the slight advantage to Georgia because of these two players. Russell also seems to turn the ball over more than D.J.

Georiga 21- 13

Lsu looked pathetic today. Their ability to "itch" by every opponent they have played this year will stop with D.J. Shockley riding their jock strap every play.

Good Luck LSU...you will be licking the heels of D.J. Shockley as he makes plays with a Georgia favored crowd (atlanta, GA).

Unless LSU looks and plays a lot better against GA than they did against ARK, I would think the Dawgs would be 2005 SEC Champions.

201340[/snapback]

I would have to think that if GA played up to their potential they would win big.

We will learn a lot today about UGA and their mindset when UGA they play GT. If they slop around like LSU did yesterday, it will mean only one thing, That is that both teams need to get it together before the SECC.

Georiga 21- 13

to "itch" by every opponent

201403[/snapback]

Someone will have to explain this one to me.

201427[/snapback]

Guess you missed the Arizona St, Alabama, Auburn, Florida, & Arkansas games? LSU could very well be a 5 loss team if a couple of plays went the other way.

Guess you missed the Arizona St, Alabama, Auburn, Florida, & Arkansas games?  LSU could very well be a 5 loss team if a couple of plays went the other way.

201431[/snapback]

Exactly why I don't think Miles should get coach of the year honors. His team should've dominated this year with talent he inherited from Saban. His one loss was completely his coaching staffs fault too.

I'm not impressed with him and I don't think the SEC West goes through Red Stick with him there....he better enjoy this year.

Georiga 21- 13

to "itch" by every opponent

201403[/snapback]

Someone will have to explain this one to me.

201427[/snapback]

simple typo i think..... i think he meant to say "INCH" by....just a guess though.

my 2 cents....Georgia wins by 10-20....lsu hasn't played a complete game all season, and lacks the consistency. besides russell is good for a couple turnovers a game....georgia is a team that he can't afford to do that against... no escape this time.

Guess you missed the Arizona St, Alabama, Auburn, Florida, & Arkansas games?  LSU could very well be a 5 loss team if a couple of plays went the other way.

201431[/snapback]

Exactly why I don't think Miles should get coach of the year honors. His team should've dominated this year with talent he inherited from Saban. His one loss was completely his coaching staffs fault too.

I'm not impressed with him and I don't think the SEC West goes through Red Stick with him there....he better enjoy this year.

201467[/snapback]

One win by a few points is perhaps lucky; two wins by a few points is perhaps a coincidence; three, four and five wins by a few points is well...a trend. I can remember a time when LSU was always on the losing side of a close game and now they win the close ones.

IT IS THE FINAL SCORE THAT COUNTS...NOTHING MORE, NOTHING LESS.

As for Miles, I'd say he did a pretty good job for SEC Coach of the Year...1st game postponed because of Hurricane Katrina, 2nd game against a top 15 club moved to Tempe, Arizona 2 days before the game because of Hurricane Katrina, 3rd game (Tennessee) moved to Monday night 2 days after Hurricane Rita...THEN 10 STRAIGHT GAMES WITH NO BYE WEEKS. Every other D1 team plays no more than 6 consecutive games and usually has 2 bye weeks. LSU was forced to use their bye weeks to reschedule. To get a team up 10 weeks in a row to play is a feat in and of itself. So, to say Miles didn't do a great job given the adversity the players faced (family and friends displaced, etc.) is well...just plain stupid.

201431[/snapback]

201467[/snapback]

I think LSU's overall talent is on par with AU's. I could say that Tubberville is winning on talent alone.(Of course I don't think that is true.) LSU may have slightly better talent at skill positions and on defense. However, AU has a more talented offensive line and running game. Overall, I think the talent is pretty even but I'm not going to say AU should be dominating this year. I'm also not going to say Tubberville is an unimpressive coach. (I actually think he's one of the best in the SEC)

During the off-season I recall AU fans saying LSU would not win the West because it takes a new coach time to adjust. I also recall AU fans belittling our talent level. LSU has gone 10-1 this year. You can't have it both ways. To say LSU is winning with talent alone is to say LSU has much better talent than AU. Are you saying LSU beat AU because of our talent level despite having an unimpressive coach? Do you think our talent is so superior to that of AU's that it's too much for Tuberville to overcome by outcoaching Les?

I have said all along, preaseason and throughtout the year, uga may have the best TEAM in the SEC. They have a good offense-good defense-good special teams-VERY good coaching staff.

The corndogs have not gotten any better through the year. IF they play like they did against the pigs, it could get ugly in a hurry.

uga 28 corndogs 18 :lol::lol::lol:

Doesn't matter.  This year the SEC Champion will have the distinction of being the 2nd best team in the conference.

201483[/snapback]

You mean head to head results don't mean anything? Hmm, how else can we determine who is the best? Until you can come up with something better the SEC champion is and will always will be the best team in the league and this year that's going to be either LSU or GA.

I have said all along, preaseason and throughtout the year, uga may have the best TEAM in the SEC. They have a good offense-good defense-good special teams-VERY good coaching staff.

The corndogs have not gotten any better through the year. IF they play like they did against the pigs, it could get ugly in a hurry.

uga 28  corndogs 18   :lol:   :lol:   :lol:

201504[/snapback]

GA also has the best QB in the league. That's what concerns me the most.

Miles has his good games and his bad games. He caught the breaks this season with who he did this with this year. Though he did pull the usual choke with Tenn.

Take the last two games, they would have lost to Alabama and Auburn if they played them like they did Ark, or the first half of Alabama. LSU put together their most complete game against us.

LSU has excellent talent, Miles just has a tendency to go hot and cold as a coach. My sister went to OSU and I saw alot of their games, I've seen him do it more than once. Perhaps this might be the season that gets him through that.

Thats why I said he would have to adjust, due to his hot cold streaks. He wouldn't be able to play lights out one week and then flounder the next. I was wrong and he got away with it this year, and alot of that had to do with the talent he had.

Take the last two games, they would have lost to Alabama and Auburn if they played them like they did Ark, or the first half of Alabama. LSU put together their most complete game against us.

201514[/snapback]

Well, I think you can point out one game from just about any football team in the country and say if they would have played that bad they would have lost to this team and that team. LSU has not had any open dates this year. I'm sure they were looking ahead to UGA. They were completely flat against Arkansas. Don't forget UGA barely pulled out a win against Arkansas also. (23-20) That's how SEC football is. Just because LSU looked bad against Arkansas doesn't mean they will play the same against UGA.

Archived