Thoughts on possible Wisconsin matchup

StatTiger

I know we'd like to see Auburn matched up against a program with a big name ( Ohio State or Michigan ) but I don't see the Badgers as an easy win for Auburn.

They obviously have issues on defense to go along with some key injuries but they have a very balanced offense. They have a QB with over 2600 yards passing, a RB with over 1400 yards rushing and a WR with over 900 yards receiving. I know we are a better team than the 2003 team that defeated the Badgers but I also see Wisconsin as a better team than the one we faced in the Music City Bowl.

Here are the scoring margins:

Auburn is +11 on offense and -6 on defense with an average score of 34-15, excluding the D1AA game.

Wisconsin is +6 on offense and -2 on defense with an average score of 35-25.

Based on both team's scoring margins, Auburn wins 32-21 or 36-29 with an average score of 34-25. I have us favored by 9. We clearly have the better defense, better overall team speed and depth.

Thoughts?

Thoughts?

201476[/snapback]

You are asking us???!!?!?! Stat, you are always the one with 'right-on' analysis and stats; like Al Borges asking us which play to call in the red zone, we may have an opinion, but it won't be as good...

Archived