No Playoff System

rexbo

Seriously, think about it. (The other thread asking if we should be excited about the Capital One Bowl got me thinking. My initial reaction was the same as everyone else's; we should all just be thankful for a good season and happy we have a nice bowl to look forward to [in over a month].)

But, imagine how much more we would have to look forward to if there were a 16 team playoff; we have another pretty good team, one that could probably go a couple of games towards a NC. The college football season would be so much more exciting if a real playoff were instituted. If the only complaining comes from a third undefeated team left out, or some of the one loss teams, we will never get there. My point is that the Top 10 to 15 schools need to be yelling long and hard for a playoff. Below is CFN's recommend matchup, as the season stands now. No offense to Wisconsin, but truly, if Auburn were getting ready to play #7 Oregon, and than a chance for Texas after that, we would all be a billion times more excited than playing in the Capital One Bowl in 5 and a half weeks.

CFN Championship Series

Archived