How did your prediction turn out for '05?

TigerfanKM

I posted my prediction below in June '05 and am very proud as I was close to reality.

I missed us beating Ga Tech, but unfortunately was correct about LSU. Very happy we beat Georgia and BAMA (four in a row). As far as the overall record, my prediction of 8-3 or 9-2 was on the money. My biggest prediction though was about Brandon Cox. I feel he will lead us to another SECC and possibly a MNC. I lilke to look at the QBs eyes during a game, and I must say, even as a Sophmore, Brandon already has the eye of the Tiger. If you look back at what Coach Borges did with Jason, and now the development of Cox, it's starting to look like the system is successful and really allows good players to become great. Cox had a super year this year, but hang on Tiger fans, I have a strong feeling you ain't seen nothing yet.

War Eagle!!

I see Auburn going 8-3 or possibly 9-2 this year, but this depends on how we do against Tech. A win will set the tone for a very good season with a real shot to win the SEC West again and return to the SECC game. A loss. and we may be look at 7-4. I think we beat GaTech in a close one, we beat Miss St, Ball St, West Ky and play SC 4-0. We beat a gritty Gamecock team and go to Ark 5-0. While the hoggs cupboard is bare compared to past years (thank GOD Matt finally graduated) we sometimes have problems playing in Fayetteville. We should go to LSU 6-0 but that's where things get tough. I bet this will be a night game and I don't see us winning this one. I see us beat Ole MIss and KY, which leaves us at 8-1. Georgia is a toss up, but if we are gonna lose two more it would be to GA and as much as I hate to say it, BAMA. They do come to Auburn, but it's very hard for either team to beat the other four in a row, much less three as we have done. So I see us finish 8-3 and with a little luck and few injuries, maybe even better. NOW FOR THE REMINDER: Fans do not hold this team to the same expectations of last year. It's ok to dream about going undefeated again and enjoy the winning streak growing, but let's don't become spoiled. I can appreciate I have now seen our beloved Tigers go undefeated twice in my lifetime. But, I have also seen us be quick to judge when someone doesn''t produce right away,(see Stan White, Ben Leard, even Jason Campbell). Be patient with Brandon Cox, he is gonna be REAL good, but he has to learn and gain experience. DON'T BOO just because the 05 Tigers don't produce or win like the 04 Tigers did. Support these guys as the best fans in college and we will be rewarded again next year- THESE GUYS ARE GONNA BE SCARY GOOD..WE MAY FINALLY GET OUR MNC. Here's to a great year, and even if it's not perfect, Warrrrrr Eagle!!

i didn't go back to the link, but i remember what i said. i claimed that we had three very lose-able games: ga tech, arkansas, and lsu. i predicted we'd win 1 or 2 of them (can't remember), and we'd get back to atlanta if we only lost one sec game. i was right in my claim that those three games would be tough (trailed at half in fayetteville i believe), but i was wrong in my belief that 7-1 would be enough to get us to atlanta.

9-2 was my prediction.  I figured we'd lose to UGA and LSU.

201876[/snapback]

Ditto. I figured if Cox's inexperience was a bigger factor than we hoped, we might go 8-3 and if we got some good breaks, 10-1 was a possibility.

I believe I said 8-3, 9-2, with LS_Who winning the West...I missed the East, but not by much...I picked UF....

:au::homer:

I predicted 9-2 or 10-1. I thought we could beat UGA and Bama, and looked at the LSU game as a loss, and possibly Ga. Tech. As it turned out, LSU could have been the 10th win, as Ga. Tech has proven it can play when it wants too. That game, I wish, had been in October. AU wins that game today.

I thought it would be tough to beat the corndogs at their place and uga in Athens.

I picked us to go 9-2....I STILL can't accept a loss to the techsters. <_<

I predicted 9-2 as did almost everyone.

I would like to boast my prediction of UGA and LSU winning their divisions. Also on Alabama's 9 win season. In fact, almost my entire conference lineup was correct, switching up South Carolina and Tennessee

I realisically knew that we'd lose a couple of games and predicted a 9-2 record, and I was right on the money with it. I knew that we would surprise those who didn't think that we could rebound from all the graduation losses and we did that. We are going to be AUsome next year, and let's not forget that we still have 1 more game in 2005! WDE

I predicted 9-2 or 10-1 for :au: Well, we kick the fg against :lsu: ...well, you know.

I predicted 7-4 to 8-3 for Alabama. Thought they may beat :uf: or :au: with a ball bounce or two. I never thought they would go 9-2 though. Shula did a pretty good jop all in all. Who knoew :ut: was going to suck so bad this year?

Picked UF to win the SEC east. Well, they finally regrouped. Would have won if :usc: hadnt beat them.

Picked AU or LSU to win the SEC West. They tied.

All in all, did pretty well.

8-3 and 9-2 b4 season after  :lsu: i wasnt planning on going 9-2.

202010[/snapback]

hey, poster formerly known as AuWHO here... this may be my first post as JxnTider, not sure...

anyways, i predicted 8-3 or 9-2 for BAMA... i said we would beat at least 2 of the big 4, and said our best chances were UF and LSU... oh well, close... UF and UThug (which actually makes me even happier)...

could have been 10-1 if we showed up for the first 4 min of the second half against LSU... can't bitch about a 9-2 season though, especially when most picked us to go 7-4...

I'm happy... the future is bright...

oh yeah, and the IB is back to meaning something... ROLL TIDE and WDE! just can't bring myself to say it... Here's to the SEC sweeping their bowls!

Archived