can we do a cleanup on the stickyboard????

autigger

I know there are several items up there that are no longer neede for stickys. The WEN College PIckem can go......do we still need the honk if you sacked Brodie up there???? I only see like 5 regular threads on the front page the rest stickys.... oh yeah.......prettttty please!!!!!!!! ;)

We'll do some cleanup over the next few days on this, but one thing I'll mention that will help you see more topics, even if there are 5 or 6 stickys is that you can change the number of topics per page in your control panel.

Just go to My Controls. Look down the left hand side under Options and click Board Settings. Then look in the main part of the page that comes up and scroll to the last option that says "Number of topics to show for each forum page". The board default is like 15 or 20. You can set it in increments of five up to 40 topics per page. I have mine set at 35 so I see a lot more topics on each forum page even if there are a bunch of stickys.

Just a helpful hint from your neighborhood admin! :big:

Guest Tigrinum Major

Also, if you use the "View New Posts" in the upper right of the frame, it will bring up stickys only when they have replies.

Unfortunately, it will bring up threads in all forums, including those you might not normally peruse and you will be subjected to ct's "I miss Ally McBeal" thread, so there is a downside.

What is wrong witn Ally McBeal?  You don't like stick thin women with wierd personalities and small....errr...well....humps?  :moon:

202189[/snapback]

nopers as a tigger babe i tend to stay away from checking out other women!! :blink:

Stickys go with this time of year. People are voting on everything. If I posted and linked everything I get in e-mail, this would just be a "sticky" front page.

Yeah, I vote we cleanup the sticky part of the board. It's violating my rights of being too much of a spoiled lazy American to have to scroll down the board to see the actual posts. What?? This isn't a democracy?? Shame on you and your communistic views David. You would think that YOU actually pay to run this site out of your own pocket. What???? YOU do pay for this site out of your pocket?? Oh....well........then make ALL the post stickys!!

Now, before some of you go off the deep end on my bama lovin' butt, realize that I'm not posting this as a bammer trying to stir up trouble on an AU board. I'm posting this as an outsider looking in at the fantastic board you guys have here. I realize some may send some $$ support to David, but in end, this is his board. Be greatful for what you have. MANY, MANY, MANY people spend lots of $$ for boards no where near this good. JMHO.

Guest Tigrinum Major
Yeah, I vote we cleanup the sticky part of the board.  It's violating my rights of being too much of a spoiled lazy American to have to scroll down the board to see the actual posts.  What??  This isn't a democracy??  Shame on you and your communistic views David.  You would think that YOU actually pay to run this site out of your own pocket.  What????  YOU do pay for this site out of your pocket??  Oh....well........then make ALL the post stickys!!

Now, before some of you go off the deep end on my bama lovin' butt, realize that I'm not posting this as a bammer trying to stir up trouble on an AU board.  I'm posting this as an outsider looking in at the fantastic board you guys have here.  I realize some may send some $$ support to David, but in end, this is his board.  Be greatful for what you have.  MANY, MANY, MANY people spend lots of $$ for boards no where near this good.  JMHO.

203486[/snapback]

Teacher's pet.

Some other helpful hints:

Set your board preferences to the max (40) and you will get more topics per page. You can do the same with posts per page. Saves loading time for multiple pages.

Use the "View New Posts" feature and then the only stickies you see are the ones that actually have replies.

When all the voting gets done, we will do a major cleanup, guys.

Archived