Russell

GaTigerFan

Not much of Russell left in Alabama anyway.

:::: CORPORATE CONTACTS

Divisions

Russell Athletic

3330 Cumberland Blvd.

Suite 700

Atlanta, GA 30339

Phone: 678-742-8000

JERZEES Activewear

3330 Cumberland Blvd.

Suite 1000

Atlanta, GA 30339

Russell Artwear

3330 Cumberland Blvd.

Suite 1000

Atlanta, GA 30339

Russell International

3330 Cumberland Blvd.

Suite 900

Atlanta, GA 30339

Moving Comfort

4500 Southgate Place

Suite 800

Chantilly, VA 20151-1729

Phone: 800-763-6000

Mossy Oak Apparel

3330 Cumberland Blvd.

Suite 600

Atlanta, GA 30339

Bike Athletic Company

3330 Cumberland Blvd.

Suite 700

Atlanta, GA 30339

Spalding

150 Brookdale Road

Springfield, MA 01104

Phone: 1-800-SPALDING

Huffy Sports

24700 S. Corporate Circle

Sussex, WI 53089

Phone: 1-800-558-5234

American Athletic (AAI)

200 American Ave.

Jefferson, IA 50129

Phone: 1-800-247-3978

Brooks Sports

1980 North Creek Parkway, Suite 200

Bothell, WA 98011

Phone: 1-800-2-BROOKS

All the offices were moved to Atlanta for marketing reasons, but the #1 manufacturing site is still Alexander City, AL, hometown of Terrell Owens, Eric Brock, Marquies Gunn, and myself. Not to mention a buch of my relatives. I am sad to see Auburn move away from Russell.

I'm sad to see Russell go as well. We have a long history with them, not only with our uniforms but also MANY AU textile grads in the Russell organization. Losing them is, to me, almost like losing part of the family! Wish it could have turned out differently.

All the offices were moved to Atlanta for marketing reasons, but the #1 manufacturing site is still Alexander City, AL, hometown of Terrell Owens, Eric Brock, Marquies Gunn, and myself.  Not to mention a buch of my relatives.  I am sad to see Auburn move away from Russell.

202856[/snapback]

I too am sad to hear that Russell will not be a part of AU football. I remember traveling back and forth from AU, I aways remember seeing the Russell plant in Alex City. Russell will always remind me of AU.

i for one am not sad to see russell go. They do almost nothing in promoting us and creating merchandise worth buying, unless you like sweatpants. Under Armor will get us national exposure and create all kinds of clothing and accessories that will benefit auburn financially.

Guest Tigrinum Major

A high school friend of mine works for Russell. He spends more time in Atlanta, Honduras and Mexico than Alex City, where he lives. He was complaining to me last Friday about Russell's contracts with foreign contractors and the quality problems that it had caused.

I don't know the full story, but it appears that Russell left Auburn, not vice versa. Kind of like the Democratic Party has left most Southern politicians.

A high school friend of mine works for Russell.  He spends more time in Atlanta, Honduras and Mexico than Alex City, where he lives.  He was complaining to me last Friday about Russell's contracts with foreign contractors and the quality problems that it had caused. 

I don't know the full story, but it appears that Russell left Auburn, not vice versa.  Kind of like the Democratic Party has left most Southern politicians.

202876[/snapback]

It’s a shame to see Russell and Auburn split ways, however much like your friend commented on with all the contacting overseas and moving of plants to place like Korea it wouldn't be long before they moved for the tax breaks to Peru or somewhere.

Russell has been supplying Auburn with equipment since 1950! That's huge. I hate to see the two break ties like this.

But the kids love that under armour stuff...I hope they don't over do it though.

Archived