under armor

tiger42

I noticed the founder graduated from maryland so them I understand.But just wondering what led them to us.I for one am excited about the natl exposure and recruiting benefits and love the possibilities of teaming with a cutting edge outfit like this . But like I said anyone know why they chose us?

Various articles have said that our contract with Russell was up after this year and AD Jay Jacobs solicited proposals from about 4 or 5 different major sports apparel companies (including asking Russell for a bid) and Under Armour had the biggest proposal by far.

I would also venture to guess that Under Armour came after us, simply because we are one of the only major NCAA football programs that is not under a long standing contract with nike. I'd be willing to bet that 40 of the top 50 schools in the nation have deals with nike. The only ones that I can think of that don't are Notre Dame and Tennessee with adidas, Ga Tech and South Carolina who are also with Russell, and of course Maryland who is already with under armour. I for one am very excited about the new deal. I think it will really benefit both parites involved. Apart from the fact that it is in state, I never really cared for the Russell gear, and Nike is just plain evil. With us being one of Under Armour's top clients, I think we should get a more than fair deal from them.

Will Tuberville shout "WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE" on an Under Armor commercial?

203138[/snapback]

That would be funny if he did that standing there with a bag of Golden Flake under his arm.

Will Tuberville shout "WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE" on an Under Armor commercial?

Yes, the commercial will be shot in the middle of Tommy Tubberville Field at Jordan-Hare West Stadium! :P:lol:;)

WDE :au:

Archived