AU vs So Cal

Boss

http://www.al.com/sports/birminghamnews/in...2010.xml&coll=2

Go Figure. It was reported in today's B'ham News that if So Cal loses to UCLA, then AU will possibly play USC in the Fiesta Bowl. That would mean the 2 at-large BCS teams would be AU and USC, leaving Notre Dame out. I guess the reasoning would be the fact that USC and ND have already played this year. I agree it would be great, but I really don't see it happening. Oh well.....GO UCLA!!!!!

USC will not be an at-large BCS team...if they lose to UCLA, they still get the Pac-10 BCS berth by virtue of the conference's 3-team tie breaker. UND can still get their BCS bid. AU-USC would be a fun game to watch.

That would be great,,buuuuuuuuuuut, it ain't gonna happen!! :(

Well, the Huntsville paper describes it like this:

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/huntsvill...1970.xml&coll=1

AUBURN - Auburn could play defending national champion Southern California in the Fiesta Bowl on Jan. 2 in Tempe, Ariz., if the No. 1-ranked Trojans are upset today by No. 11 UCLA and fall out of the running for the Bowl Championship Series title.

Sources close to the selection process said the Fiesta Bowl plans - should USC lose and drop to No. 3 or lower in the BCS standings - to match up the No. 1 and No. 2 teams from the 2004 season.

A UCLA victory would move the first pick among BCS bowls to the Orange, which would be expected to take Notre Dame. USC would go to the Fiesta Bowl with the automatic bid from the Pac-10 and Auburn would be in line to grab the second BCS at-large bid.

I guess trying to re-create the AU-USC matchup that didn't happen last year would be a possible reason for jumping us to the front of the line for an at-large BSC berth. Not that I expect it to happen... Of course, if it happened and we were to lose, many would spin it to mean that we would have lost last year and claim the BCS worked. Different teams-different years, folks!

Regardless of its effect on Auburn, however, I certainly hope USC loses today or at least in the Rose Bowl. I can't stand the thought of those smug bastds from the Pac-10 gloating over a three-peat MNC. :angry:

Meanwhile, I'm happy with the Capital One Bowl-just wish we could play someone a little higher ranked than Wisconsin.

Why does the media keep trying to get our hopes up about this stuff? USC's far enough ahead in the BCS right now that even with a loss they may still make the Rose Bowl. And besides, what if we were to actually beat USC and still not win a national title for it? Let's just go to Orlando, really.

I agree with WarEagle83. USC is just like Oklahoma was in 2003. UCLA would have to beat them by a country mile to drop them below #2. The Rose Bowl is set. It's gonna be SC-UT. I don't think there are any two ways about it.

:nanner::au::nanner:

Archived