AUBURN vs. Wisconsin

Tigermike

You can't really compare stats on two teams from 2 different conferences with totally different opponents.  You can compare numbers all you want, they are not really relevant in the big picture.

203653[/snapback]

It all depends on what numbers you are looking at and how you make the comparison. Nothing is a given but looking at the right numbers can be consistent.

203687[/snapback]

Stat I would be interested to see your analysis of Texas/USC I think if you look at the numbers you will see something interesting

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, Big John and I will be taking that drive to Mobile, Alabama to watch the game.  Dressed in red and white we will ride into mobile banners waving.  I could make some very distasteful references towards the civil war and the battle of Mobile Bay, but I will hold back and save that for another thread.

:no:   Burt Reynolds  :no:

He hurts my brain.

203678[/snapback]

Red and white...please, last time I saw your brother he had on an :au: hat, and keep your mouth shut about the Civil War, after a few drinks I had your bro convinced the North lost.

203689[/snapback]

Its not hard when you get a 15 year old hammered. to convinced that he is a lemming.

Not saying were not fans of :au: . I've kept up with them since Bo's senior year. I even purchased one of his pies this thanksgiving.

As far as the Wisconsin defense,

Bowling Green scored 42

Michigan scored 20

Indiana scored 24

Northwestern scored 51

Minnesota scored 34

Purdue scored 20

Illinois scored 24

Penn State scored 35

Iowa scored 20

Hawaii 24

From the looks of their season, I believe it is safe to say we will score over 21 points...and last I remember Auburn has a pretty good record when they score more than 21 points ...anyone know what that record is? in the last five years?

Auburn has a lot on the line...

...two top five finishes in a row...two ten wins seasons in a row...we have a 3-game bowl game win streak going...we'd like to make that 4...We could become the highest rated SEC team for two years running with a win...that helps recruiting...more practice for cox, taylor and Irons to work ont heir game and get ready for a lot of hype to start next season...if we win we start of in the top five next year...it is always big to beat a Big 10 team...if auburn wants to fix the chronic lack of respect problem we all see over the last couple years...then they have to win this game....or else it is just a re-run of the two GT losses, the two USC losses...just like everyone was doggin Texas until they beat Ohio state in a big game and then finished by beating Oklahoma...look at the Texas record over the last five years...it has been pretty good, but they got low respect until they finally pulled through and won a few big games in a row...if we hadn't lost to GT we'd be in a BCS game right now as a at-large over Ohio State I believe...probably playing Notre Dame...I'm excited as hell to see us play wisconsin...sure, I expect us to win and won't be surprised to win, but I'll LOVE watching it...and I'm nervous that we could screw it up..although I don't think we will...I think that the speedy and small Calhoun will have a matchup problem with our small and speedy defense...and I'm thinking our offense is gonna be able to produce adequate points although I have respect for the wisconsin d...the big lumbering defeses in the north couldn't keep calhoun from getting around the corner( I watched a few of his good games this year), but I believe he will not see any corner tog et around in this game....stocco could have some time to throw as calhoun keeps our ends honest, but we will force them to throw...wisconsin doesn't have abreakout wide reciever like that evans guy last time...that means our secondary is gonna be able to cover the wideouts and stocco is going to have problems...

war eagle

I will predict a 2-3 touchdown loss for Auburn, close throughout the first half.  These factors apply:

1.  UW had a heartache loss to AU in the Music City Bowl.  UW is out for revenge.  They hold grudges for years.  AU had a much different team 2 years ago.

2.  Alverez's last game as a UW head coach.  The team will be playing to look for blood on his behalf.  They will playing with a level of intensity they have been mising all year.

3.  AU lacks the offense that can stand up against the UW defense.  I predict AU will come out strong but as the game goes on UW defense will wear the AU offense and drain them phsically.  An offensive breakdown will start about midway through the 3rd quarter.

4.  Stocco is going to literally pick apart AU's secondary.  Just when they commit to to pass, Calhoun is going to slam it down AU's throat...repeat.

203632[/snapback]

Let me clear the snakes out of your head.. Wisconsin is 101st in total D allowing 432.5 ypg, 85th in rushing D allowing 173.25 ypg, and 56th in scoring D giving up 24.92 ppg. Wisconsin Stats

Stocco will be picking himself out from b/t the blades of grass, not throwing the ball. Wisky may get 20 points, but AU will for sure put at least 35 on Wisky.

YankeeSnake,

I take it you are the same UnionVictory that was disowned by your own people on the Badger Maniac board?

Badger Maniacs

:nanner:   :au:   :nanner:

203765[/snapback]

Ah, the snake has been caught, and disowned by his own :cheer:

Geez he probably thinks the North won the Civil War :big:

You can't really compare stats on two teams from 2 different conferences with totally different opponents.  You can compare numbers all you want, they are not really relevant in the big picture.

203653[/snapback]

Excellent points.

Now explain the thought process that led up to you pressing the "Add Reply" button to give us the rundown on why the cheese heads would win.

They're gonna get killed....AGAIN!! We deserve better competition!! :o:roflol:

I really dont care what other Badger fans say. I am not taking a loss until the game is over. I will not give up. What are the chances of me eating my words????? Probably better then average. Doesn't take away from the fact that its a game and anything can happen regardless of the numbers. Upsets happen all the time. Fan of :au: ? Yes. Fan of UW? F'n right I am. No question where my loyalty lies.

Greetings to all Tiger fans.

I wish I could say that YankeeSnake's optimism was justifiable. However, the plain fact of the matter is that AU simply has the better football team. Our defense has given up too many yards against sound offense teams and has too many breakdowns in general to really stop the AU offense. I don't discount the effort the players are making but we're just too thin on the D-line to consistently win the battle on the line. our 'backers have speed but too often take poor tackling angles thus allowing opposing backs to post solid numbers. We'll have to play our best game and get several turnovers to stay close. On the other side of the ball, with the exception of Joe Thomas in the LT slot, this is not one of Wisconsin's better O-lines. We have some fine skill players in Brian Calhoun at TB, Brandon Williams and J. Orr at WR, and Owen Daniels at TE while John Stocco has exceeded expectations at QB but the question will be whether our OL can adequetely pass protect and run block. We COULD have an edge in the kicking game where we have excellent return and cover units along with a tremendous punter and fairly reliable kicker. However, our special teams won't be enough in and of themselves to win this one. Even up, AU is too good and too balanced for Wisconsin, I believe. We CAN win if AU makes crucial mistakes and WI plays a solid game. Otherwise, the only overall point worth speculating about is how much AU wins by. Beyond this, there are other, more specific, aspects of the upcoming game that are interesting, such as whether your secondary can handle Williams, Orr, and Daniels.

Greetings to all Tiger fans.

I wish I could say that YankeeSnake's optimism was justifiable. However, the plain fact of the matter is that AU simply has the better football team. Our defense has given up too many yards against sound offense teams and has too many breakdowns in general to really stop the AU offense. I don't discount the effort the players are making but we're just too thin on the D-line to consistently win the battle on the line. our 'backers have speed but too often take poor tackling angles thus allowing opposing backs to post solid numbers. We'll have to play our best game and get several turnovers to stay close. On the other side of the ball, with the exception of Joe Thomas in the LT slot, this is not one of Wisconsin's better O-lines. We have some fine skill players in Brian Calhoun at TB, Brandon Williams and J. Orr at WR, and Owen Daniels at TE while John Stocco has exceeded expectations at QB but the question will be whether our OL can adequetely pass protect and run block. We COULD have an edge in the kicking game where we have excellent return and cover units along with a tremendous punter and fairly reliable kicker. However, our special teams won't be enough in and of themselves to win this one. Even up, AU is too good and too balanced for Wisconsin, I believe. We CAN win if AU makes crucial mistakes and WI plays a solid game. Otherwise, the only overall point worth speculating about is how much AU wins by.  Beyond this, there are other, more specific, aspects of the upcoming game that are interesting, such as whether your secondary can handle Williams, Orr, and Daniels.

203979[/snapback]

Optimism shouldn't be justified. But that sir, was a fine post. Well said.

Thanks. Of course I still have hope that WI can pull off the upset. And of course we STILL have our fine B-ball and hockey teams to keep our spirits up even if football disapoints.

203993[/snapback]

what is this hockey you speak of??!?!?!!? :big::P

Thanks. Of course I still have hope that WI can pull off the upset. And of course we STILL have our fine B-ball and hockey teams to keep our spirits up even if football disapoints.

203993[/snapback]

We can always hold onto the time the Auburn Tigers Softball team suffered a loss by the hands the lady Badgers (2-0) at Papago Park in February of 97. :no::no:

• 4 weeks later...

Yes sir. We did win. I may have been a tad bit off on my predictions. I may have been underestimated by my peers. In fact, very underestimated by my peers at the badger pages. I am not one to gloat, but we played a hell of a game. We got the turnovers early, and like i said....we picked apart the secondary and then Calhoun slammed it down the throat. AU, I appreciate the good game, I wouldnt have played against anyone else. It was a game which ended in my nails being chewed till they turned red. Thanks AU! Till next year!!!

203653[/snapback]

Excellent points.

Now explain the thought process that led up to you pressing the "Add Reply" button to give us the rundown on why the cheese heads would win.

They're gonna get killed....AGAIN!! We deserve better competition!! :o:roflol:

203788[/snapback]

Hey! AuNuma1 Check this out!!

On, Wisconsin! On, Wisconsin!

Plunge right through that line!

Run the ball clear down the field,

A touchdown sure this time.

Fight on for her fame

Fight! Fellows! - fight, fight, fight!

We'll win this game.

Stand up, Badgers, sing!

"Forward" is our driving spirit,

Loyal voices ring.

Raise her glowing flame

Stand, Fellows, let us now

Salute her name!

Yes deapseas was right i was wearing an auburn hat the last time he seen me but today when i went over to whatch the game i was wearing a UW BADGERS HAT N IT FELT GOOD yes i am a bit of an auburn fan but when those two teams match up i am UW 100% and my brother yankee snake was right in the aspect of stocco picking apart the secondary he had over 300 by the way and then BRAIN CALHOUN with over 200 yards rushing the ball he is amazing how many yards did kenny irons have against a 101st ranked defense i do belive 87 thats not to good and as someone mentiod in the music city bowl 2 years ago anthony davis was stoped and he was but this year in the capitol one bowl brian calhoun was surely not that is for sure wow im still shocked on how bad wisconsin beat up auburn there offense was awsome total yards wisconsin 535 (outstanding) and auburn 237 ouch!!! where was that running game i heard so much of my brother said he isnt one for gloating but i sure am GO WISCONSIN

Bump

Nobody that posted in this thread has anything to say?

I appreciate the so called UW fans that called me an idiot and told the AU fans to let me have it. I cant bring up the post but if I could i would. I made four points in this post.

I will predict a 2-3 touchdown loss for Auburn, close throughout the first half. These factors apply:

Hmmmm. Very right.

1. UW had a heartache loss to AU in the Music City Bowl. UW is out for revenge. They hold grudges for years. AU had a much different team 2 years ago.

Somewhat right.

2. Barry Alvarez's last game as a UW head coach. The team will be playing to look for blood on his behalf. They will playing with a level of intensity they have been mising all year.

Right.

3. AU lacks the offense that can stand up against the UW defense. I predict AU will come out strong but as the game goes on UW defense will wear the AU offense and drain them phsically. An offensive breakdown will start about midway through the 3rd quarter.

I was somewhat wrong.

4. Stocco is going to literally pick apart AU's secondary. Just when they commit to to pass, Calhoun is going to slam it down AU's throat...repeat.

Very right.

They're gonna get killed....AGAIN!!  We deserve better competition!!  :o   :roflol:

odd.....thats what i heard all week from :au: fans. i would have hated to see if yall had better competition. :au: might have lost by more then.

I myself am still astounded at both the results of the game and the relative ease with which UW was able to move the ball against a very good AU defense. By contrast, knowing that UW was finally able to put a healthy d-line on the field gave me some confidence that the defense would perform better than their NCAA ranking would lead one to believe and so I wasn't too suprised that UW limited the Tiger offense. However, I did think that AU would have more chances to score by containing Calhoun and rendering Stocco ineffectual throught defensive pressure. As we all saw, Calhoun was tremendous, especially in the 1st and 4th quarters, Stocco was unflappable and accurate, and the o-line did a great job. Although I believe AU has a fine team, I think the better team won today.

I myself am still astounded at both the results of the game and the relative ease with which UW was able to move the ball against a very good AU defense. By contrast, knowing that UW was finally able to put a healthy d-line on the field gave me some confidence that the defense would perform better than their NCAA ranking would lead one to believe and so I wasn't too suprised that UW limited the Tiger offense. However, I did think that AU would have more chances to score by containing Calhoun and rendering Stocco ineffectual throught defensive pressure. As we all saw, Calhoun was tremendous, especially in the 1st and 4th quarters, Stocco was unflappable and accurate, and the o-line did a great job. Although I believe AU has a fine team, I think the better team won today.

208449[/snapback]

i would have to agree with you here....normally i would be for everyone in the SEC for bowl games, especially with all the trash that has been said about the SEC this year. but after a few weeks of :au: fans down here where i'm at being snotty saying things like "we might as well put in 2nd string, this will be a cakewalk" and "this is pathetic, we need a better challenge", i can't help but chuckle a bit.

UW deserved the win today, they were prepared and wanted it, and today they were the better team.

Auburn treated this game today like a vacation in its preparation, as to where UW prepared for it wanting to win one for Alavarez. Thats the difference in this game, it meant someting to UW and nothing to our players and coaches (look at the way we approached the game and prepared for the game).

The Auburn team I saw today was the worst prepared Auburn team I have seen since losing to a 3 win Alabama team several years ago.

Grats to UW, they wanted it and they earned it. We deserved to get beat like that due to farking around with Mickey and Minny instead of squaring off and practicing the starters and being serious. Anyone that didn't think that UW was going to give one of its best performances today was in la la land....... obviously with our coaches and players.

Archived