The Accolades Keep Coming

Guest Tigrinum Major

Rival's Top OC Award

Borges named Rivals.com National OC of the Year.  Very good article.

On a side note, Galen Hall was a finalist.  How many of you can tell me where he is an OC without looking?  I was surprised.

203905[/snapback]

Penn State, I think. If i am not mistaken they mentioned him turing the PSU "O" around in his first season.

Guest Tigrinum Major

You are correct, it is Penn State. I think a couple of freshmen are just as responsible for turning that offense around. Like Borges says, "It ain't the X's ad O's, it's the Jimmys and Joes."

You are correct, it is Penn State.  I think a couple of freshmen are just as responsible for turning that offense around.  Like Borges says, "It ain't the X's ad O's, it's the Jimmys and Joes."

203916[/snapback]

Galen was HC at UF in the 80s.

Actually Joe Pa failed to utilize Michael Robinson (QB) in his first three years. Galen arrives, and Robinson has a tremendous year. :blink: The Hall/Robinson combo is the reason why PSU was successful this year.

Guest Tigrinum Major
You are correct, it is Penn State.  I think a couple of freshmen are just as responsible for turning that offense around.  Like Borges says, "It ain't the X's ad O's, it's the Jimmys and Joes."

203916[/snapback]

Actually Joe Pa failed to utilize Michael Robinson (QB) in his first three years. Galen arrives, and Robinson has a tremendous year. :blink: The Hall/Robinson combo is the reason why PSU was successful this year.

203922[/snapback]

Throwing Derrick Williams into the mix didn't hurt the situation.

Florida

203918[/snapback]

Too easy! B)

:au::homer:

203916[/snapback]

203922[/snapback]

Throwing Derrick Williams into the mix didn't hurt the situation.

203933[/snapback]

The Hall/Robinson combo is the reason why PSU was successful this year.

Michael Robinson:

Passing: 2097yds/16TDs/129.4 QB rating

Rushing: 785yds/11TDs

Derrick Williams

Receiving: 22 rec for 289yds, 1 TD

Rushing: 22 for 105yds, 3 TD

27 TDs vs. 4 Tds.

The Hall/Robinson combo is the reason why PSU was successful this year.

:au:

Guest Tigrinum Major

Good points, Raven. I listened to ESPN talking heads too much and they influenced my post. I am not responsible for my misunderstanding.

Good points, Raven.  I listened to ESPN talking heads too much and they influenced my post.  I am not responsible for my misunderstanding.

204022[/snapback]

:big:

:poke:

Galen Hall was a prominent member of the Penn State squad that defeated uat in the very first Liberty Bowl in 1959. I believe he was the QB. That was the first uat bowl game since the 1954 Cotton Bowl in which Tommy Lewis came off the bench to tackle Dickie Moegle during a 95-yard Td run.

Tommy Lewis was unhelmeted, I might add.

Part of the 95 yards was awarded by the officials. No question he would have gone all the way had not the guy who was "just too full of Alabama" not interrupted the run.

I for one think it's very easy to get too full of Alabama.

Part of the 95 yards was awarded by the officials.  No question he would have gone all the way had not the guy who was "just too full of Alabama" not interrupted the run.

204048[/snapback]

They make chalky chocolates and gritty orange kool-aid that can help if someone is "just too full of ALabama"

Part of the 95 yards was awarded by the officials.   No question he would have gone all the way had not the guy who was "just too full of Alabama" not interrupted the run.

204048[/snapback]

They make chalky chocolates and gritty orange kool-aid that can help if someone is "just too full of ALabama"

204050[/snapback]

Just plain old formula 28-18 works for me :big::big:

Archived