December 7th

WarTim

To the greatest generation that sacrificed everything to preserve our Freedom, I say a heart felt THANK YOU.

The days may peel off the calender like petals from a rose. Even so, may we NEVER forget.

Thank you to all who have served Our great Country. No matter the battle, no matter the year.

God Bless.

Remember Forever.

To the greatest generation that sacrificed everything to preserve our Freedom, I say a heart felt THANK YOU.

The days may peel off the calender like petals from a rose. Even so, may we NEVER forget.

Thank you to all who have served Our great Country. No matter the battle, no matter the year.

God Bless.

Remember Forever.

204128[/snapback]

Amen! My father was on Okinawa as a teenaged US Marine, doing his best for this country. If you've ever seen footage of that fight...well...suffice it to say that I admire what they did, immensely!!!

:au::homer:

My Father in law road (walked, hiked,crawled) into Berlin with General Patton.

I remember well the stories he told. He has been gone for 22 years now, but, I think of him and his sacrifices often. Those men knew what it meant to stand the post.

Sorry for the "double post". I was just talking about this DATE and it's meaning with some of the guys in my office. One of them told me about his Father. He served on two different destroyers in the South Pacific. His ship was attacked by a japanese plane and sunk. They were picked up by PT-109 and Jack Kennedy.

It is important to share these stories and remember these men....forever.

God Bless.

Remember Forever.

204128[/snapback]

Amen! My father was on Okinawa as a teenaged US Marine, doing his best for this country. If you've ever seen footage of that fight...well...suffice it to say that I admire what they did, immensely!!!

204132[/snapback]

My grandfather was a Marine fighting on the beaches of Peleliu & Okinawa as well! He lost his leg as a mortar came in & killed everyone in his group but him at Okinawa. I have nothing but the utmost respect for him & his generation!

God Bless.

Remember Forever.

204128[/snapback]

204132[/snapback]

SKCAUB, you should read a book called "With The Old Breed" by E.B. Sledge. He was a Marine at Peleiu & Okinawa. He was a Professor at University of Montevallo. A very good book. What those Marines went thru was hell on earth. Once you start reading the book you can not set it down! It gave me some idea of what my grandfather went thru. He never liked to talk about it, to me or my father. Here is a link to the book:

The Old Breed

Archived