Meyer now crying about UF players getting snubbed

SouthLink02

http://www.gatorsports.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...ORS01/212070312

The Southeastern Conference football coaches apparently weren't all that impressed with Florida's talent this season. Only one Gator - senior center Mike Degory - is on the coaches' All-SEC team that was released by the league office Tuesday.

"(Offensive tackle) Randy Hand, (offensive lineman) Lance Butler, (cornerback) Vernell Brown and (safety) Jarvis Herring deserve it more than I do," Degory said. "I'm glad I'm representing Florida, but on the same token, I think there were a lot of guys on this team more deserving."

UF coach Urban Meyer said Tuesday more of his players who should have been recognized by his colleagues, and he questioned the league's process for selecting the team.

"I'm disappointed. You have some guys I'm really disappointed didn't get it," Meyer said. "I'm going to bring that up (to the SEC). There was no conference call and no one really asked my opinion of who should make it. You fill out a sheet where you can't vote for your own players, and that's all you do.

Well, god forbid we don't personally call you up and ask you, Urban.

What were we thinking?

The Southeastern Conference football coaches apparently weren't all that impressed with Florida's talent this season. Only one Gator - senior center Mike Degory - is on the coaches' All-SEC team that was released by the league office Tuesday.

"(Offensive tackle) Randy Hand, (offensive lineman) Lance Butler, (cornerback) Vernell Brown and (safety) Jarvis Herring deserve it more than I do," Degory said. "I'm glad I'm representing Florida, but on the same token, I think there were a lot of guys on this team more deserving."

UF coach Urban Meyer said Tuesday more of his players who should have been recognized by his colleagues, and he questioned the league's process for selecting the team.

"I'm disappointed. You have some guys I'm really disappointed didn't get it," Meyer said. "I'm going to bring that up (to the SEC). There was no conference call and no one really asked my opinion of who should make it. You fill out a sheet where you can't vote for your own players, and that's all you do.

What were we thinking?

204386[/snapback]

Yeah, that makes him sound like a genius, If the selection process worked that way Im pretty sure that the entire 1st team SEC would be the :uf: lineup.. :wacko:

Urban....please tell your players to play better if they wish to receive honors. This is the :sec: , great players get the accolades not decent ones. If it's a problem lobby to get your players listed as All-WACk.

Urban....please tell your players to play better if they wish to receive honors.  This is the  :sec: , great players get the accolades not decent ones.  If it's a problem lobby to get your players listed as All-WACk.

204398[/snapback]

I couldn't agree more, does he think he is still in Utah? What next is Fulmer going to start saying its unfair how his team was the biggest joke in the SEC this year?

What were we thinking?

204386[/snapback]

1) Sounds like they DID ask his opinion, IN WRITING, on a sheet of paper.

2) I assume none of the other coaches could vote for their own either, so where's the bias?

But to each his own sorrows--I'm disappointed I don't win the lottery every time I put down $1 for a ticket. :(

I'm disappointed I don't win the lottery every time I put down $1 for a ticket.

I am surprised they didn't call you personally and ask you if your numbers matched the winning ones

I'm disappointed I don't win the lottery every time I put down $1 for a ticket.

I am surprised they didn't call you personally and ask you if your numbers matched the winning ones

204408[/snapback]

I'm sure it's been an accidental oversight in the past, and they will do better in the new year! :big:

What he meant to say was that following his mediocre year at UF with an offensive plan that doesn't work in the :sec: , he feels like many of his run-of-the-mill players who would be stars in other conferences with this offense are getting shafted by the :sec: because they are average talent here.

There was no conference call and no one really asked my opinion of who should make it. You fill out a sheet where you can't vote for your own players, and that's all you do.

That sounds like a bunch of high school crap. In H.S. coaches get together and lobby for their players. Ex. I'll vote for John Doe if you vote for Joe Shmo. This is the SEC bud not some high school or Mountain West.

Guest Tigrinum Major
There was no conference call and no one really asked my opinion of who should make it. You fill out a sheet where you can't vote for your own players, and that's all you do.

That sounds like a bunch of high school crap. In H.S. coaches get together and lobby for their players. Ex. I'll vote for John Doe if you vote for Joe Shmo. This is the SEC bud not some high school or Mountain West.

204430[/snapback]

Urban Meyer is a former Dixie Youth Baseball Coach. He got confused on the selection processes for All-Stars and All-Conference.

Note to Coach Meyer: Shut up and coach. Win more than 7 games and finish higher than third in your division and then maybe the other coaches will give a damn about your opinion.

Well it is the Coaches All-SEC team, maybe the other coaches felt that Urban squandered the talent Florida had i.e. Chris Leak, and therefore punishing him much like him punishing the fans with that terrible "spread" offense he "invented".

What were we thinking?

204386[/snapback]

Gator Tradishun

Archived