Anybody know where I could buy a

Eagle Eye

I've looked at Anders, J&M, even the Russell Athletic store, and I can't find one that looks anywhere near authentic.

Just wondering

and I'm not going to go to collegejersey.com and get a $399 jersey either.

Does anyone have connections to the football equipment guys and maybe somehow we could order jerseys through them straight from the source? It seems like that would be the best way to get as close to authentic as possible. All we need to know is who to talk to.... War Eagle

I think there is a sight called collegejersey.com. The jerseys are expensive, but they supposedly have been worn by AU players. Some are autographed. Some are the bowl jerseys too. Good luck and War Eagle !!

Frank Cox was the equipment manager. Maybe he still is. They had football helmets for sale for $150, but they are all gone.

you can try E bay...I have found several and the price is not all that bad...

white and blue versions...

One thing I liked about the UT Tenn. Book store on game day they have boxes of practice jerserys and players jerserys on sale...u just look through the box...wish anders or J&M did that.

You can forget about contacting the equipment boys for anything. Because of the new NCAA rules, they are not able to sell any of the equipment that they have. I know that this used to happen, but for the past few years, it has not been the case.

Also, the equipment manager is not FC. He was let go last year and was replaced by a very good man, and friend of mine.

As far as the helmets are concerned, I know that Tigers Unlimited used to sell them for around $400-$450. This was used as another method of fundraising, I am not sure if they still do this or not.

aulax1- i understand the NCAA rules, but do you think we could order a jersey through the equipment people straight from russell? It wouldnt be game worn or anything, but it would be pretty much an authentic replica

I've looked at Anders, J&M, even the Russell Athletic store, and I can't find one that looks anywhere near authentic.

Just wondering

and I'm not going to go to collegejersey.com and get a $399 jersey either.

204918[/snapback]

I said I wasn't going to buy one off of collegejersey.com.. Is there any other source?

from what I have seen, I don't think the jerseys we wear now are all that different than the store bought ones you can get at J&M. I don't think the numbers are stitched in like the Bowden shadow number ones, but I could be (and probably am) wrong. I have an away Carnell jersey from last year with the "AUBURN" neck, and it doesn't look too terrible.

Sad to hear that the university doesn't sell them anymore. Also, i didn't know that Cox was no longer the equipment manager. Had some dealings with him in the past and he was always cool.

I tried the russell site and you can't get official Auburn stuff from them.

The main difference in what you get at the bookstores and what the players wear is the durability and makeup of the jersey. Most gameworn jerseys have double layered shoulders and have side panels made of spandex. Another strange thing is how small they are. If you wear a 46 or larger coat, you will most likely need a lineman's jersey, unless you like them tight. The last one I bought said it was a 46, but I could barely get it on, and that's when I was a fairly svelt young man.

If I were in the market for an authentic jersey today, I'd contact the university and ask them (just to be sure, no offense to lax), and then step #2 would be to talk to any old players I knew.

I know a few years ago that they boys in the equipment room used to make the jerseys, but have since stopped. Mainly because they didn't want to do it any more.

As far as contacting them and asking if they will order one from Russell, I wouldn't recommend that idea. The big reason being that they are trying to get ready for the bowl game. With practice starting again on Wednesday, and with Jim order all the bowl gifts and packages, they are probably a little busy.

I would suggest waiting till after the bowl game, and see if they are willing to sell any of the old ones they still have in the room. Since we will not be wearing Russell any more, there is no reason to keep them.

if you want an 'authentic', you're going to pay at least $100 unless you find a deal. just the facts. i collect jerseys and have several. there are a couple now on ebay for around a hundred. start there. it's the easiest. good luck.

My advice would be to wait until the Under Armour gear becomes available. I checked out the University of Maryland site, and they had all kinds of authentic and replica jerseys for sale. I never liked Russell because I could never find an authentic jersey for sale anywhere, maybe that will improve once Under Armour is in place

Archived