Question for our uat friends

eagle76

We have heard that cms has turned his attention to a qb recruit that has committed to texas tech. Will cms be willing to try to match passing attacks with tt to try to impress and lure the recruit or will uat play a run - run offense. We all know that tt uses the pass to set up the pass :) . I think that if uat gets into a passing contest they lose. If you can run the ball and keep the tt offense off the field you will win.

How will a 75/25 mix of run/pass entice a passing qb to come and play for you? You may not even throw the ball that much (unless you are behind and that doesn't bode well in trying to make a good impression).

uat's "strategy"? May I suggest attempting to protect the "qb"? They may need to move a few defensive linemen to the o line. They do not have a single half way competent linemen now.

Other than that, well, as was suggested by one of the CBS announcers during the IB....prayer. :)

Alabama's #1 priority ought to be winning the game. The way I see it, if TTU does a good job analyzing the film from the Iron Bowl, they might be able to come out and just hand Bama their ass in the first quarter. They are more balanced this year with Taurrean Henderson in the backfield...he's a pretty solid running back.

I have this as my least confident pick in the bowl pick'em thing that I've done in my office. This will be a very interesting game.

Bama's strategy is simple...

Chuck, duck, run, punt; then swarm on defense.

TTU: 35 :ua: 24 <-- :ua: 's D scores 2 touchdowns to make it respectable

File suit under the Americans With Disabilities Act and get a court order allowing Prothro to play using a Scooter Chair.

205749[/snapback]

When that tactic fails, file another suit to force TTU to adhere to the "one mississippi, two mississippi, three mississippi" rule prior to rushing Ringo.

TTU's defense is horrible. I would suspect Bama should be able to run on them. Passing is another issue. I haven't seen Croyle complete a long pass more than once a game since UF so thier passing game will be the short 5-10 routes. The biggest weakness in the Bama D I see this defending the long ball. I think the game could go either way and will depend on how well the Bama O plays.

Alabama's #1 priority ought to be winning the game.  The way I see it, if TTU does a good job analyzing the film from the Iron Bowl, they might be able to come out and just hand Bama their ass in the first quarter.  They are more balanced this year with Taurrean Henderson in the backfield...he's a pretty solid running back.

I have this as my least confident pick in the bowl pick'em thing that I've done in my office.  This will be a very interesting game.

205721[/snapback]

TTU balanced, whatever!!!! They are #1 in the NCAA D1 in passing O averaging 403 ypg :blink: and #107 in rushing O averaging a paltry 107ypg :no: . They are going to throw the ball 80 to 90% of the time. There is not guessing what they may or may not do. They have a talented and fast group of WRs. The bama secondary is going to have their hands full. Bama should run a basic nickel package and try to get pressure on the QB. Best thing for bama to do is watch the games TTU played against Texas, Okie St, and OU. TTU only scored 17, 17, and 23 respectively in those three games. BTW, TTU averages 42 ppg. Figure out what those 3 teams did and bama can shut them down.

Bama must find and establish a running game, first of all to keep the TTU O off the field, secondly to keep Brodie safe, b/c if they have to go to a passing/scoring shutout they will get crushed. Also, bama has to find a punter....I'm glad he was punting against us...great to start your first 2 drives at what the 32 and 40 of the opposing team and then the 3rd drive from your own 45. If they do that with TTU they will be in the same situation as against us, maybe worse, b/c I don't see TTU pulling back the reigns!!! They would be making a point!! IMO bama will keep it close and pull it out.....uat 21 TTU 20

TT just suspended two receivers for unspecified team violations:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=ncf&id=2260526

How will this affect the team's Cotton Bowl chances?

Does it bother anyone besides me for a coach/team to go after someone else's commitment? Since the Tebow catastrophy I've heard Bama fans say they should still offer Smelley even though he has committed to SC, and now this QB who has committed to Texas Tech. I suppose if the recruit still has official visits to take and comes to your campus (which makes me question his committment anyway)--but it seems a little ungentlemanly to me "poach" another school's firm commitments, even though I realize nothing is official until the papers are signed.

Losing Johnson will hurt them. He is 2nd on the team in receiving averaging almost 6 receptions per game and 81 ypg. Reed is no where on the stats provided by www.ncaasports.com, so don't think his lose is a big deal.

Losing Johnson will hurt them.  He is 2nd on the team in receiving averaging almost 6 receptions per game and 81 ypg.  Reed is no where on the stats provided by www.ncaasports.com, so don't think his lose is a big deal.

205779[/snapback]

I think you've got the wrong Johnson: it's Marquis, not Robert. Both these guys combined for 210 yards, or less than 5% of TT's 4399 total.

The other point, about pursuing a commitment, may seem a liitle unethical on the surface, but I don't think it's bad. Coaches and staffs should do all they can to improve their team.

I guess it is a matter of degree. If the prospect politely requests that a particular school desist, they should respect his wishes and privacy.

Losing Johnson will hurt them.  He is 2nd on the team in receiving averaging almost 6 receptions per game and 81 ypg.  Reed is no where on the stats provided by www.ncaasports.com, so don't think his lose is a big deal.

205779[/snapback]

I think you've got the wrong Johnson: it's Marquis, not Robert. Both these guys combined for 210 yards, or less than 5% of TT's 4399 total.

The other point, about pursuing a commitment, may seem a liitle unethical on the surface, but I don't think it's bad. Coaches and staffs should do all they can to improve their team.

I guess it is a matter of degree. If the prospect politely requests that a particular school desist, they should respect his wishes and privacy.

205799[/snapback]

You're right...didn't catch the first name. I think even if a player has commited somewhere doesn't mean they can't change their mind. If a coaching staff is able to change a mind then more power to them. I don't think this QB will choose to change his mind.

I personally think bammer's best strategy would be to have a pair of clean underwear for Brodie at every time out. No one plays to their full potential if they are in dirty underwear.

I personally think bammer's best strategy would be to have a pair of clean underwear for Brodie at every time out.  No one plays to their full potential if they are in dirty underwear.

205808[/snapback]

:roflol::roflol:

Archived