Going Pro...DI and McClover

DKW 86

Seems our wish list will not be met. David Irons and Stanley McClover seem locks to go pro now.

David Sr has sent word that Jr will likely leave after the bowl game.

Stanley has now openly reffered to the Bowl game as his last game.

SM on the O-A News

To David and Stanley, Thank you very much! Best of luck to both of you.

War Damn Career! Make us happy to call you both Tigers years from now.

Guest Tigrinum Major

I wish them the best also. I hope this is the right decision for both of them and they don't end up like those that have gone early and not made it.

Here's to a long career for them both!

Seems our wish list will not be met. David Irons and Stanley McClover seem locks to go pro now.

SM on the O-A News

207504[/snapback]

They clearly seem to want that. It is possible that their draft evaluation could change their minds.

SM on the O-A News

207504[/snapback]

They clearly seem to want that. It is possible that their draft evaluation could change their minds.

207513[/snapback]

Tex, according to David Sr, the draft evals went pretty well, not perfect but more than well enough.

I wish them all the best.

I am suprised the SM is looking like he's leaving - I don't think he lived up to the expectations that everyone had for him this year due to the injury. I have no doubt that he has everything needed to play on Sundays, but it would sure help his draft status if he were to show it through a full season.

Um, I've heard something a lot different, but if they go, Good Luck!

*about McClover that is :D

Um, I've heard something a lot different, but if they go, Good Luck!

207520[/snapback]

Well if you are talking about our conversation, things have changed since last we talked...I was told predictions on the reports, Daivd SR has actually seen the reports on evals. They didnt go greatt, just well enough.

ahh I see, I thought McClover said he would only go if he was a first or second round pick??? Or am i thinking of someone else

:iamwithstupid:

SM on the O-A News

207504[/snapback]

207513[/snapback]

Tex, according to David Sr, the draft evals went pretty well, not perfect but more than well enough.

207514[/snapback]

Thanks. I didn't know they were out yet.

Well, should it happen, I can see it now:

Auburn starts next year way down in the polls because once again "we lost to much talent to the draft". <_< Guess CTT will have to prove once again that these days we don't rebuild, we reload.

I just don't see this being a great decision for Stanley. He has so much talent and could be a first round pick if he stayed another year. I hope he stays, but if he does go I hope he does well.

As for David, his appeal has to go through to be able to play next year. Any word on that?

I feel like this is a scenerio with Robert Johnson...he was solid throughtout the year (which is a bit more than one can say about The Predator because of injuries) went a year early after his big game against Bama (he caught 2 TDs). Stanley had 3.5 sacks in the Bama game and all of a sudden is talking about leaving early. He's one of my favorite players, but if he does go pro i hope he has a monster career in the NFL. But look at the money Ronnie, Caddy, and Carlos are swimming in now. All because they stayed all 4 years...something for David and Stanley to think about...

I understand David Irons. He is 23 or 24 and if he does have pro career, then it is only for so many years. I also don't see his draft status improving that much if he stays another year, so therefore he truly may be costing himself money to stay.

SM is another subject. He could be costing himself huge money if he goes early. If he was to stay, gain more weight and strength, he could potentially be one of the top DE in the country next year. He is not that right now. Rudy Johnson cost himself by going early. He went 3rd round or so and it took 3 or 4 years before he got a good contract. SM could be falling into that same trap.

I understand David Irons. He is 23 or 24 and if he does have pro career, then it is only for so many years. I also don't see his draft status improving that much if he stays another year, so therefore he truly may be costing himself money to stay.

SM is another subject.  He could be costing himself huge money if he goes early. If he was to stay, gain more weight and strength, he could potentially be one of the top DE in the country next year. He is not that right now. Rudy Johnson cost himself by going early. He went 3rd round or so and it took 3 or 4 years before he got a good contract. SM could be falling into that same trap.

207545[/snapback]

I fully agree. I can understand it from DI's point of view, but I really think McClover would benefit from coming back next year. Although, if he comes out and dominates Joe Thomas and the rest of the Badger's O-Line then I could see his stock skyrocketing.

The article says that Stanley referred to the bowl game as "this last game" rather than previously stated(his last game).

207529[/snapback]

I only saw a little snippet bout that quote, and really couldn't see enough about the context to be certain. Hopefully a reporter took it out of context and he was only reffering to "last game" - of the season.

I can always hope....

I really can't understand SM leaving, and I truly don't think it's the best decision for him. I hate to see him go. He looks like he truly enjoys being a part of Auburn, and fires me up everytime I see him. :(

No one is leaving. DI will get another yr. Stanley will stay for anohter yr.

Everyone is just trying to put their spin on what they think will happen. A little pessimistic in my opinion.

No one is leaving. DI will get another yr. Stanley will stay for anohter yr.

Everyone is just trying to put their spin on what they think will happen. A little pessimistic in my opinion.

207641[/snapback]

Not, I guess you need to see the first post, or sober up.... ;)

Is it just me, or didn't I see an article about a month ago where Tuberville wanted every junior to apply for draft analysis?

I think McClover stays, Irons isn't given another year of eligibility..

I was reading on rivals today and they said that david will prolly head to the draft.... they said his dad said the draft evaluations went pretty well for him... also david is gettin g old.. on the other hand i wouln't mind having him for next year that would just help us even more

both of them would be great to have back. after i read the interviews with david, i really thought he'd leave if he could. i'm 23. i understand wanting to get on with life instead of being in school. i hope he blows folks away at the combine and really moves up the draft board. he's a solid corner that has the size and ability for the league. good luck to him and show out against the badgers if this is it.

stanley i can understand too if school is a struggle for him (which one would assume since he was a partial qualifier). i honestly think he'd better be prepared to get moved off the line in the nfl. he's a carbon copy of marcus washington physically. he's going to be a linebacker/end combo player in the nfl unless he really puts on weight. i wish him the best of luck too. he's a solid player that could use another year in my eyes, but if this is it, put john stocco on his butt a few times for good measure.

Archived