Auburn Football

trinitiger

Gotta tell you I enjoy reading all the info you guys provide. Living in Trinidad in the Caribbean, well American Football is not exactly high on the list. Direct TV blocks it on cable so I spent the Georgia game in a crowded sports bar with everyone screaming about socceer, while one Georgia fan and myself were watching one small TV up in a corner that I had to bribe the guy to change for us.

Never take for granted being able to watch those tigers, and to hoist a few cold ones with a friend who actually understands the game, and I dont me the technical aspects like Stat Tiger, I mean just knows the game.

Few years back, I was working on a Saturday and my girlfriend asked for the keys to my place. I get home and she says "we are all set for your game, got a slab of ribs, got on the net and found a receipe for those nacho things, and I have cold beer ready (now you know why I love the woman). Its at Auburn and about the third play from scrimmage Ronnie busts off tackle for about a 60 yard scamper and I see my girlfriend wincing on the sofa. I said whats wrong. She said "well when they cross that line its like a goal in normal football right?" So why are the Auburn players slapping him on the head?

You really dont realize how far from home you are til you are sitting there with her and she is watching Forrest Gump and the first scene where Forrest gets on the bus and all the kids are saying hey and she is looking at the TV in disbelief. I say whats wrong, and she says my God honey all these people sound like you!

Quick little analysis of the game. The problem with Pac 10 playing SEC teams? Well they watch film of Georgia and Bama game and think well Auburn is a little quicker than the other team. What they fail to realize is all the teams in the SEC are fast, and Auburn is lightning quick. So they are overwhelmed when they see the speed. Its gonna be a fast start and by halftime Tubs will do the usual class act and pull off the dogs, particularly since the other coach is retiring.

Enjoy the game, but show up early!!

Nice post. Hope you get to see more Auburn games. Guess you may have to make a choice, Auburn FB or bring that girl to where everyone sounds like you :D

Archived