Congrats to Texas, 2005 MNC Winner

DKW 86

Very happy for Texas. If for no other reason than we no longer have to hear ESPN cut to an on the spot reporter everytime "Matt & Reggie" have a bowel movement!

SIX WEEKS till spring football. :cheer:

Guest Tigrinum Major

Hook 'em, Horns!

I went crazy when Young scored that last TD. My son (who is 12) looked at me like I was insane.

Guest Tigrinum Major
Wonder if Chizik is looking for a new job? I bet he is. Anyone got a clue where he might go?

208825[/snapback]

The only jobs currently open are Butler, Central Connecticut, Lehigh and Rice (although I thought it was filled.) None of those would be a suitable destination.

I think he stays another year and ends up at one of the following:

Ole Miss (Orgeron can't hold on past next year unless he makes it to Atlanta)

Air Force (DeBerry is lucky to still be there)

Arizone State (if Koetter falls back to a losing record)

Arkansas (nine lives for Nutt about to run out)

Clemson (Diddy can't throw another game to keep Tommy's job next year)

Georgia (when Richt leaves for FSU when Bowden retires)

North Carolina (how is Bunting still employed?)

Texas A&M (wouldn't that be a kick in the pants to Mack, doubt it happens)

Southern Miss (Bower moves on, just a hunch)

Next year is much more promising when it comes to job openings unless something happens between now and signing day.

GOD BLESS TEXAS!!

I'm with TM. I think he hangs around Austin another year until a better opportunity comes along. Not too many good jobs out there right now.

Wonder if Chizik is looking for a new job? I bet he is. Anyone got a clue where he might go?

208825[/snapback]

Why? He just helped the program win a NC and he works for a great head coach.

B)

208825[/snapback]

Why? He just helped the program win a NC and he works for a great head coach.

B)

208846[/snapback]

You should send Chizik a valentines card.

I'm just glad somebody finally beat USC so the media can get on with their lives. Of course, that's probably wishful thinking and it probably will somehow make the problem worse. Oh well, I still hate USC and am glad they lost no matter how much I still have to hear about them.

Congrats to the Longhorns! Hook 'Em! Best offensive game I've seen all year, I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. Best defensive game though was, well, Auburn's performance against bama. Duh.

Everyone out here was going absolutely nuts. You'd have thought last night was the 4th of July with all the fireworks going off.

How about when Young showed off his Offensive MVP award to the crowd, did his interview, put down the award and just walked away from it like it was garbage after Lynn Swan made that comment about the Heisman? Am I the only person who noticed that? Man, now THAT was funny.

Well how else could their precious USC lose?!?!?! They are after all the most invulnerable and most awesomely spectacular football team to ever grace the planet. They are God's gift to football! Texas MUST have cheated to steal USC's victory away.

Okay, enough of my sarcasm.

Well how else could their precious USC lose?!?!?! They are after all the most invulnerable and most awesomely spectacular football team to ever grace the planet. They are God's gift to football! Texas MUST have cheated to steal USC's victory away.

208894[/snapback]

Well duh, didn't you hear Leinart state how they were still the best team. I mean geez, if Leinart says it then it must be so.

Sorry, just had to add a little more sarcasm......because I hate Leinart.

USC can cry all they want but apparently nobody ever taught them how to Texas Two-Step...because that's exactly what spanked that ass last night.

:blink: <-- Leinart at halftime

I'm thrilled texas won. Unfortunately for me, i had to watch the entire game from a bed in the ER. Developed severe chest pain around 4:30 or so....Fortunately they didn't find anything...and we got home around 2:30 AM... One Hell of a game....Young 467 total yards??? :o:o:o

Congrats to them...but I still hate them. :moon:

:au::homer:

I'm thrilled texas won. Unfortunately for me, i had to watch the entire game from a bed in the ER.  Developed severe chest pain around 4:30 or so....Fortunately they didn't find anything...and we got home around 2:30 AM... One Hell of a game....Young 467 total yards??? :o   :o   :o

208908[/snapback]

Glad to hear nothing was wrong with you. Those chest pains can be scary....never know what it is going to amount to :(

Guest Tigrinum Major
I didn't like the Title to this subject. Texas was no MNC. They were the NC's no doubt.

208931[/snapback]

They are all mythical. Until the NCAA decides to award one or until there is a playoff, all D1-A national championships are mythical.

I will give you they are consensus Mythical National Champions.

So, who is doubting their Heisman ballot now??? I just loved seeing the Texas DBs coming up and smacking Bush. I would've have voted VY for Heisman had I been given the chance. After that game, don't you know some NFL coaches are hoping he comes out, which I think he will and frankly would be smart after that showcase he put on.

Michael Vick is about to be replaced. Unlike, MV, I think with some work VY could be a pretty good passer. The way he zipped some passes last night right at the last second was awesome. Fantastic football QB.

Congrats to Texas. Vince Young's performance was truly legendary, just an epic thing to behold. I'm glad they got to knock of USC this year, since we didn't get the chance to last year.

When you are the only undefeated team in the nation and beat the two-time "defending national champions", the only other undefeated team in the nation - you are not mythical.

Guest Tigrinum Major
When you are the only undefeated team in the nation and beat the two-time "defending national champions", the only other undefeated team in the nation - you are not mythical.

209067[/snapback]

USC was not the two time defending national champions.

And it is still mythical. It is a matter of semantics and we will never agree.

Truce?

I'm happy to see So Cal. get punked.......

ESPN now has PUKE basketball until next season. Then it will jump on the OHIO STATE bandwagon for awhile.

Way to go Vince.............best performance I have ever seen.

Archived