Tony Barnhart's Inital 2006 Pre-season Rankings...

Tiger1992

First, I don't have a link. The article is in today's Atlanta Journal-Constitution (aka, The Official UGA Cheering Paper). I looked on ajc.com, but didn't see the article. If someone can find it, please add the link. Other's in the Atlanta area who've seen today's paper can get on here and verify this.

I didn't bring the sports section in with me to work, but his top 5 were:

1 - Ohio State

2 - Texas (he says UT would be number 1 if Young comes back)

3 - USC

4 - Auburn

5 - West Virginia

I nearly choked on my coffee when I read that. Don't get me wrong, that pumped me up, but I think that might be a bit high. I actually started at #10 and started looking down and didn't see us in the top 25 and started to get pissed. I personally think Barnhart is one of the few in the paper/on tv that actually tries to be impartial and realistic regardless of who he's actually rooting for. From your mouth, Tony....

Shhhhhhhhhhhh. Don't tell the uaters. Although flipper has the WORST graduation rate in the SEC, has an overall record of an amazing 19-17 :D and is OH-THREE vs Auburn, they think they have got the next Knute! ! ! :lol::lol::lol:

Let 'em drink the dark pink koolaid. B)

Where's all they hype on OSU next year coming from?  I only saw them in the UT game.  Were they really that good?

209198[/snapback]

they laid it on notre dame (you know, the greatest 3-loss team in history, according to the "experts") in their bowl game. i watched the game, and they really did look strong. troy smith, the qb, drew lots of comparisons to vince young in the rose bowl last year. plus they return lots of starters, to include ted ginn, who looked like reggie bush and (insert your favorite tall, super-fast receiver here) combined in the bowl game.

their biggest question mark is their linebackers. they're losing 3 to the NFL i think.

good to see someone is giving us some respect. but i must admit this is going to worry me come next season, seeing as how we've done in the past when we've had high expectations. Maybe CTT has learned a few lessons and it won't be the same result as the past.

a strong bowl game doesn't always translate into success the next season. however, OSU did look good against ND........for a bunch of worthless nuts. the one that jumps out at me in Barnhart's poll, as it did in the ESPN.com poll, is WVA. granted, their QB was a freshman this year and played fantastic, but we all know how sophomore slumps go. ask Eric Ainge.

QBs that actually throw the ball go threw slumps. he's a glorified running back, and they don't have to play anyone outside of a clash with louisville. they will start in the top ten at least and finish in the top five if they avoid major injuries.

and i think we're going to start somewhere between 4 and 12 in both polls next year.

I didn't bring the sports section in with me to work, but his top 5 were:

1 - Ohio State

2 - Texas (he says UT would be number 1 if Young comes back)

3 - USC

4 - Auburn

5 - West Virginia

209195[/snapback]

ESPN's 3 Stooges this morning gave their predicitons too:

1. Texas (granted Young doesn't go pro)

2. Ohio State

3. USC

4. Notre Dame/LSU

5. West Virginia

I just don't get all they hype about Ohio State and I don't think Notre Dame will live up to these guys' expectations.

I do not see the corndogs staying in the top ten either. :no:

Archived