sec 7 pack?????

iam4LSU08

we all know LSU, Auburn, Bama, UGA, Florida, and Tennessee have established themselves as the premier six-pack programs in the SEC. However, with spurrier, south carolina appears to throw the biggest threat as a program that could challenge the elite six programs of the conference. i know this is spurrier, but i am not sure he will be able to do what he did at florida at south carolina. just my opinion. i am sure they will be competitive as arkansas occasionally can be in the west, but i just don't think they have the program support and tradition and recruiting bases like the top tier of the SEC to really contend for an sec championship.

one really good year every 3 doesn't put you in elite status IMO. you should leave bama out of the equation. SC is on the way up with spurrier, and bama has some big gaps to fill.

The ONLY thing uat HAD going for them WAS defense. Now those players are GONE. Imagine how many they will win with NO offense and NO defense to allow a kick at the end of the game to win. ;)

Florida State wallowed in mediocrity for 30 years until Bowden got there. We used to play them as a breather team. When they tied uat 37-37 in 1967 with Sellers and Biletnikoff, it was regarded as a huge upset. My point is that a stellar coach can lift a program by its bootstraps. The Cocks beat UT and Florida this year, and almost got Georgia. We overlook Spurrier at our peril.

"but i just don't think they have the program support"

Weren't they selling out home games when they didn't win any games in the 90's? I would think that would show program support.

IMO no coach in the SEC did more with less this year then Steve Spurrier. Lou Holtz disgraced that program and left it in a shambles. Spurrier had to run off several players right off the bat. I am convinced that he will raise the program to a level that it has never known. When he gets some talent in there, SC will be a force to be reckoned with. And yes, he will pull his share of good recruits from wherever he has to go to get them.

It pains me to have to say all that, but I'm afraid it may happen.

And yes, he will pull his share of good recruits from wherever he has to go to get them.

Unless Spurrier and USC win 8-9 games next year, I am not sure this magical recruiting thing will happen to them.

Spurrier lost his top recruiting coach this off-season. On top of that, South Carolina is not just striking out with a few but almost ALL of their top recruits.

Of course it is weeks away until signing day but I doubt this will be looked upon as anything but an average class.

Slink is right. Superior MAY do well @ usc, but, let's see him do it first. 'Till then, they are still usc and the team AU beat by 40 points.

Alabama is Alabama and they will always have a great defense. It's like saying Auburn wouldn't have a great running game after the 2004 season. They had will have players leave and will still have a great defense. People said the same thing about Auburn's defense after the 2003 season and Auburn had the like the #1 defense.

Slink is right. Superior MAY do well @ usc, but, let's see him do it first. 'Till then, they are still usc and the team AU beat by 40 points.

209550[/snapback]

No...41.... :P:P:P don't give darth visor anything.... :lol::lol:

Thank god we beat him last year.

I don't care if Spurrier's team was "St Mary's School of the Blind"

We needed to beat him just for mental reasons.

That mofo has our gosh darn number

Archived