UP DATE AUBURN CLUB GA DMV TAG

Dyebama

My birthday is this Friday the 20th...so Tag is due in georgia...2 cars...So I went to purchase my New Auburn Club Tags from the county DMV Office... Well they are Bought but I now have a Temp. Tag Up To April 19th....They have to make the tags first...Ill Let you know When I get it.. I hope it comes sooner... Than April...But what a way to bring in the Tax Time...Wait for a Refund Wait for my au tag...which gets here first.....Only Time Will Tell....same bat time ...same bat channel...

The Update Continues...

WDE!!!

My birthday was the 13th of January. I bought my Auburn tags on like the 11th or 10th. Just like you I was given a temporary tag. My Auburn tags came yesterday, the 18th in the mail and they are now on my vehicles..War Eagle...

Thats good news...May be ill get mine in a week or two

what all do you need to take to the tag office when you go. I was confused by how much money i needed to bring and such.

Took the old tag off... told them I wanted the Auburn Club Tag...They never heard of it so they had to look it up...But thats covington for ya...then they ordered it and told me the amount...I thought it would run 187.00 but ended up being 160 for a 2004 car and tag...x2 cars

:au: Hey, someone alerted me to this string of posts. It is called the "Auburn Club Special Tag" and the Atlanta Auburn Club was the group that got the license plate launched. I am on the club board and have posted a lot of FAQ information on our messageboard about the process for the tags. There is also a link to the DMV website (for info on cost, renewal, etc) and photos of the tag on our home page -- all of this can be found at: www.atlantaauburnclub.com

Note: these tags are selling so well that the DMV went ahead and ordered 3,000 more on only the second week of issue. That will mean a total of 5,300 so far. I suspect this will only increase as more students and alumni in the state actually see the tag on the road. We will be posting any updates to the numbers on our messageboard as we get them.

I have spoken with the head of the Special Tag Unit and told him that some people were told the tag has sold out. He said the tag has NOT sold out and only shows up like this in the county DMV computer when they have assigned the 200 or so tag numbers that they release each day. Normally the county office is supposed to call the Special Tag Unit when this happens -- and they'll free up some more numbers. But apparently some offices aren't. The Tag Unit is only doing this right now because they are trying to monitor how the tag is selling -- (they want to make sure no shortages, etc.)

Currently, the tags are mailed out from the Special Tag Unit in Atlanta -- to your home address -- after you have paid your fees. Everyone that we've heard back from has gotten them within a week to 10 days. I invite you all to check out the Georgia Tag Forum on the AAC messageboard for much more information. And if you have any more questions, feel free to contact us at:

communications@atlantaauburnclub.com

AAC Web Page

It will be great to see AU tags in the sate of Georgia!!

I know this is changing the thread a little, but does anyone besides me think it is ridiculous that our state will not allow any college from outside of Alabama to be on license plates? Hey, if it brings in more $$ to the state to let people have Tenn or UGA tags then let 'em have 'em (just charge them a lot)

I had to renew my tag in Dec. I will be moving to another county in March/April. I know I have to transfer my tag to the new county. Does anyone know if I can get the new AU tag when I transfer or will I have to wait till Dec.?

You should be able to get it then....you will just have to pay the tag fee i think 45 i do believe

Thanks, that's what I was hoping.

213251[/snapback]

nanatiger -- yes, you can get the tag early -- but the initial costs are $50 ($25 manufacturing fee and $25 tag fee) --- Then when your birthday rolls around you have to pay $45 renewal, plus your regular taxes, etc --- we have the DMV page linked on our website with the complete fee info. Link is below for you.

Apparently the Georgia DMV has gotten quite of charge out of the Auburn fans here -- because despite our bowl loss, people were showing up at the county offices to get their tags as soon as they reopened from the holidays on January 3rd.

If you do the math -- the folks opting for early tags (before their normal renewal time) mean BIG added bucks for the state. We had to collect a minimum 1,000 applications statewide last year in order to launch this. We got 2,114. Now multiply that by $50 per tag. Now, people are lining up to get it before their birthdays -- so add an additional $45 income per tag for the state when people do that. Oh yeah -- and in the second week of issue -- the state ordered 3,000 more tags!!! I plan on keeping tabs with the state -- wouldn't be surprised if by end of the year the "Auburn Club Special Tag" is one of the most popular "Special tags" in the state of Georgia. (Hard for any DAWGs to complain when the state is getting all that $$$$) War Eagle! Atlanta Auburn Club Web page

forgot to mention something ---

if you have not previously applied for the tag (in the AAC's drive to collect applications last year) --- you will have to fill out the same "Special Tag" application form -- but you will do it at your county DMV office.

Just make sure you list the tag as "Auburn Club Special Tag" which is how it is noted on the DMV website.

Archived