Why hate Bama?

GalensGhost

Please do your homework before you spout unfounded crap from your mouth. Smelley said HIMSELF on more than one occasion that he NEVER had a bama offer. EVER. He said that he wanted to play baseball and shula told him he didnt want his QB playing baseball.

I didn't say you offered Smelley, read the post. I said you recruited him. Also, I didn't say you recruited Mustain either, I said you were in the running for him. So, all the bammers on rivals were SURE that if Tebow didn't commit to Uat(which they also thought was a sure thing, some credible source huh?) that Smelley would get timmy's scholly offer and that would be that. He didn't give you guys the oppportunity. Please read my post and make sure you can comprehend it before you reply next time. :big:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bama fans dont have a monopoly on trailer parks or all things redneck. Any objection to that statement would be downright ignorance. I urge you to PROVE that bama has more redneck fans per capita than AU. You cant.

I never said anything about a monopoly on idiot fans or specific social status, just that the ones who do not have a clue tend to be the most vocal and fit a specific socioeconomic profile. They blindly profess greatness and returns to past glory at the first uptick of a rise without waiting for any other data or observation. Then when things do not pan out they make excuses and belittle others who chose a different idea instead of admitting that someone else could have possibly been better. Every school has those people, I have just had the UAT variety thrust in my face for the 28 years I have been on this earth.

The UAT ones are especially obnoxious to me, just for the simple reason that I am an Auburn fan from an extended family of Auburn fans. I'm tired of hearing "We're Back" from people who jump on the UAT bandwagon because they were the winners more times than not 25+ years ago, just as sure as you are sick of hearing "Fear the thumb" from those who chose AU because they were the underdogs for so many years. I'm sure the geographically challenged fans of both schools would fill their collective stadiums many times over, if they could find their way to their chosen corner of the state.

You can not prove me wrong. It is a matter of opinion. I happen to think that yours is wrong. :D We are on a AU board; I'm not going to be real diplomatic about what I think of UAT and their ignorant backwards fans that give the good fans a bad name, especially on a thread called "Why hate Bama".

Some of the best people in my life, good friends to myself and my family, graduated from and support UAT with their money and loyalty. I love them, even with their misguided ways, as they love me and my strange affection for AU. These UAT people admit when they either got beat like a rented mule, got lucky, or kicked some teams butt up and down the field, almost directly in proportion to actual reality and not some alternate universe where the dark pink can do no wrong. I do the same for Auburn. I might be pissed about the result, but if we got our butt handed to us, then I'll tell you that we did (See: AU vs. Wisc) and not make up some baloney crap about being robbed by the Referees or If We Had (insert injured player here) We Would Have Won.

Just because you say something is so...doesnt make it true.

You are so right, I was totally wrong about anyone great graduating from UAT. :rolleyes: </sarcasm>

Actually I wish more people would remember that statement. People put too much faith in what people say without doing any fact checking. Especially the mouth breathers. They read it on the internet and it becomes the gospel handed from God to the Bear to Jimmy Dale in Carbon Hill so he could tell the world*.

*(The Auburn information flow for internet gospel is God, to Shug, then Lowder (he has his hands EVERYwhere), then Betty Sue from Alex City)

Have a great Saturday, you crazy misguided UATater you :)

I believe he heard me, and you in the crowd making history like we did this season.

Did that glorious HISTORY on the video include getting blitzed by Auburn for 21 pts in the first 10 minutes of the Iron Bowl? Did that HISTORY include Brodie meeting turf 11 times in one game while still clutching the ball ?

Praise be that I'm not a bammer fan.

I wouldn't worry so much about not getting your first choice at this position or at that position, you never know how these kids are going to turn out. Just look at the bright side: at least Bama got their first choice for head coach....oops. My bad.

I didn't say you offered Smelley, read the post. I said you recruited him. Also, I didn't say you recruited Mustain either, I said you were in the running for him. So, all the bammers on rivals were SURE that if Tebow didn't commit to Uat(which they also thought was a sure thing, some credible source huh?) that Smelley would get timmy's scholly offer and that would be that. He didn't give you guys the oppportunity. Please read my post and make sure you can comprehend it before you reply next time.

The insinuation is that Smelley turned down Alabama as did Mustain and we had to go with our 4th choice...and that is patently false.

Smelley camped at bama before his senior year and had a bad camp. He never had an offer from bama, so i was making it clear that McElroy was our second choice. Smelley said himself that he didnt ever have an offer from bama. And the day after Tebow announce to florida, everyone started talking about mcelroy.

So regardless of what you said or were trying to say...point of fact, we got our second choice at QB.

I didn't say you offered Smelley, read the post. I said you recruited him. Also, I didn't say you recruited Mustain either, I said you were in the running for him. So, all the bammers on rivals were SURE that if Tebow didn't commit to Uat(which they also thought was a sure thing, some credible source huh?) that Smelley would get timmy's scholly offer and that would be that. He didn't give you guys the oppportunity. Please read my post and make sure you can comprehend it before you reply next time.

The insinuation is that Smelley turned down Alabama as did Mustain and we had to go with our 4th choice...and that is patently false.

Smelley camped at bama before his senior year and had a bad camp. He never had an offer from bama, so i was making it clear that McElroy was our second choice. Smelley said himself that he didnt ever have an offer from bama. And the day after Tebow announce to florida, everyone started talking about mcelroy.

So regardless of what you said or were trying to say...point of fact, we got our second choice at QB.

213241[/snapback]

I didn't say Smelley turned down bama and I never said McElroy was your 4th choice. Smelley never got offered because bama was hoping they'd get Tebow. Most bama fans thought that Smelley would get the offer if Tebow went to UF. Obviously bama never had that chance with Smelley committing to SC before the Tebow commitment. That is my point. I think shula would've offered Smelley if he had the chance.

Unless Smelley is a liar, id have to go with what he said. And he said Shula told him that he didnt want a qb playing baseball...so he never got an offer.

Smelley even said that he would have been willing to wait until after Tim announced to see if bama offered...but he knew that he wanted to play baseball and that shula wasnt changing his stance.

Unless Smelley is a liar, id have to go with what he said. And he said Shula told him that he didnt want a qb playing baseball...so he never got an offer.

Smelley even said that he would have been willing to wait until after Tim announced to see if bama offered...but he knew that he wanted to play baseball and that shula wasnt changing his stance.

213260[/snapback]

So, ... if uat wasn't recruiting Smelley to play qb, why exactly was the head coach talking directly to him about playing qb? I'll admit I don't follow recruiting as much as some of y'all here. But an in-home visit by a HC for a face-to-face talk about the qb position sure sounds like recruiting in my book.

re Smelley's decision to attend SC: Don't you think the prospect of playing QB for Steve Spurrier had a bit more to do with him jumping at the SC scholarship offer than whether or not he could also play baseball for uat? :no:

Let's see...Hmmm...Play QB for one of the best coaches in the SEC OR be a tackling dummy @ uat for every defense in the SEC?

Tough decisoin. :lol::lol::lol:

. I urge you to PROVE that bama has more redneck fans per capita than AU. You cant.

213135[/snapback]

Alabama as a state has more rednecks in the population than a majority of the United States. It has been well declared, spread, and presented as knowledge and the gospel by the Alabama faithful that Auburn is second fiddle in this state, the little red headed step brother that noone wants to root for. If this tidbit of Alabama knowledge that has been thrown about is true, well then Alabama has more redneck fans (cause that only leaves Auburn students, grads etc cheering for Auburn)......... or Bama fans are liars. :lol:

Of course Alabama has more redneck fans than Auburn, thats the way it works when your name is The University of X(insert state name) 99.9% of the time, especially when the university carrying the state name is winning. Texas gets them, Oklahoma gets them, Georgia gets them etc etc etc. Come on man, I know you know this.

Do you have a link?

Obviously there are people that follow recruiting quite a bit...I'm not one of them, mainly because everyone of these kids are unproven...AND I'm guessing, Half will never end up on the field for their prospective universities....

My question is this.. following recruiting is one thing, but BG, how do you KNOW what players have been offered and which ones have not?? Seems to me only the coaching staff would know who they offered and why they didn't offer to a certain player. The internet can be a wealth of info, but we all know half if not more than half of what we read isn't accurate.

Anybody feel free to answer this..I'm really curious.. I follow auburn football as closely as anybody, but have no idea who our coaching staff is interested in, or is signing..... That is up to the coaches, and I'll only know when they put on the BLUE jersey on saturdays...(unless its a big name that everybody wants...ie: Carnell Williaims a few years ago...) I would have never heard of Tebow if I hadn't been on this site...

Do you have a link?

213414[/snapback]

Yeah. I never heard anything about baseball from any of my bama friends that follow recruiting. Link please.

Gotta love reading 'Bama message boards, everyone here should do it some time...its quite comical.

Someone already brought it up in this thread, but I love Bammers' obsession with their "tradition." The other day I read this one post in which we were accused of cheating because appearently, we shouldn't be winning over recruits that 'Bama is interested in. I'm dead serious here. The theory was that...'Bama has an amazing tradition, they won a lot of championships some 30-40 years ago, therefore every 18 year old HS kid should be automatically entitled to pick this great school. Obviously, it has nothing to do with Auburn winning 4 straight against 'Bama, or that we just had four 1st round picks go in last years draft, or that our coaching staff is much superior....I mean, if I was an 18 year old HS kid, why WOULDN'T I want to go to 'Bama? Their tradition from 30 years ago is freaking awesome and it will better my future!

Guest Tigrinum Major
My question is this..  following recruiting is one thing, but BG, how do you KNOW what players have been offered and which ones have not??  Seems to me only the coaching staff would know who they offered and why they didn't offer to a certain player.  The internet can be a wealth of info, but we all know half if not more than half of what we read isn't accurate. 

213420[/snapback]

The teams that have offered a certain prospect is readily avaiable on the scout and rivals sites, even if you don't have a premium subscription.

Hate to take up for BG, but that info is easy to obtain. Now, the reasons WHY they haven't been offered takes a bit more research.

My question is this..  following recruiting is one thing, but BG, how do you KNOW what players have been offered and which ones have not??  Seems to me only the coaching staff would know who they offered and why they didn't offer to a certain player.  The internet can be a wealth of info, but we all know half if not more than half of what we read isn't accurate.  

213420[/snapback]

The teams that have offered a certain prospect is readily avaiable on the scout and rivals sites, even if you don't have a premium subscription.

Hate to take up for BG, but that info is easy to obtain. Now, the reasons WHY they haven't been offered takes a bit more research.

213639[/snapback]

I think people were aiming more for where BG obtains this "personal" information more than anything (baseball, etc). Rivals and Scouts can be misleading because players could consider schools, have it listed, and not even be offered.

Truth of the matter...if Smelley picked Bama, he'd have a full scholarship waiting on him.

213420[/snapback]

213639[/snapback]

I think people were aiming more for where BG obtains this "personal" information more than anything (baseball, etc). Rivals and Scouts can be misleading because players could consider schools, have it listed, and not even be offered.

Truth of the matter...if Smelley picked Bama, he'd have a full scholarship waiting on him.

213688[/snapback]

That certainly was how most people felt about that situation till he committed to SC

Guest Tigrinum Major
I think people were aiming more for where BG obtains this "personal" information more than anything (baseball, etc).  Rivals and Scouts can be misleading because players could consider schools, have it listed, and not even be offered.

213688[/snapback]

Under the school list they have Interest Level (Verbal, High, Med, etc.), Camp (Yes/No), Official Visit (No/Yes - date of), and Offered? (Yes/No). Nothing misleading about that.

Check out this link:

Bo Harris

Notice the Offer comments?

I think that might be the core of the problem. The people who could not find Tuscaloosa, or the graduation ceremony for their local high school, with a highlighted road map.

Unprovoked, I care less about UAT than I do the lint in my pocket. It is the fans with the IQ of that same lint that wave the  flags in everybody's face and speak of "tahd tradishun" without checking a single fact that make people loath UAT and its fans. Believe it or not, some good folks around the world came out of UAT with a degree. But the double wide and cinder-block shod automobile division of UAT fans make it hard for the logical fans to be heard sometimes. And when they are, everybody discounts it because of the collective crap spewed by the legions of mouth breathers.

Yeah I know what you mean...its the whiney AU fans who CONSTANTLY perpetuate a stereotype of bama fans...while ignoring the fact that they have fans of similar background.

Bama fans dont have a monopoly on trailer parks or all things redneck. Any objection to that statement would be downright ignorance. I urge you to PROVE that bama has more redneck fans per capita than AU. You cant.

Just because you say something is so...doesnt make it true.

213135[/snapback]

I will admit that Auburn has more redneck fans than they use to. It stems for the fact that they now own Alabama. Some of the old toothless slapnecks are just for the winner and in recent history that's Auburn. However bammer still has a huge edge in the redneck department. I know I can't prove it by any poll or census data but I can walk down main street of any town in Alabama a see it.

I think people were aiming more for where BG obtains this "personal" information more than anything (baseball, etc).  Rivals and Scouts can be misleading because players could consider schools, have it listed, and not even be offered.

213688[/snapback]

Under the school list they have Interest Level (Verbal, High, Med, etc.), Camp (Yes/No), Official Visit (No/Yes - date of), and Offered? (Yes/No). Nothing misleading about that.

Check out this link:

Bo Harris

Notice the Offer comments?

213693[/snapback]

Do you not agree that if Smelley picked bama, that a scholarship would be waiting? That is more of the point that people are on.

In part of what BG is saying, Smelley was not a 2nd choice during the beginning of recruiting because of the chance of landing Tebow. Unlike BG's point, towards the end of recruiting he was definitely more than just ," not our 2nd choice."

Guest Tigrinum Major
Do you not agree that if Smelley picked bama, that a scholarship would be waiting?  That is more of the point that people are on.

213724[/snapback]

Truthfully, I don't know. I think given the way it shook out that any set of scenarios might be possible. Bama was recruiting Smelley. That is a fact. Why was he never offered a scholly? I don't know. If he had come out and said, I am coming to Bama and Tebow still chooses Florida, then yes, I believe he would have. Had he committed to Bama with no offer and Tebow had committed to Bama, then I don't know what would have happened. He could not have received a baseball scholarship and still played football. There are rules against that. He could have paid his way and played both. He could have played just baseball.

Too many what ifs, ands, or buts to know what would have played out.

As far as the points that people were on, I was pointing out fallacies in specific comments or answering questions about how certain info was obtained. I made no reference to the "whys" of Bama not offering Smelley. In fact, I pointed out that the "whys" take more research. I don't know where he got his baseball info.

I am not trying to start an argument, vatz. I am just pointing out that info that some might find mystical or difficult to obtain really isn't. aupcola can speak for himself, but he was asking how BG had found the info about which schools had offered which recruits and you said that info could be misleading. I pointed out where to find it and how it was not misleading. Nothing more.

Yes i was wondering where this info comes from. I knew these sites were out there, but how do we as casual fans know that some coach won't offer a scholly to someone because this recruit says he wants to play baseball too??? It just doesnt seem like this would be public knowledge...maybe it is....again, i don't pay any attention to recruiting..

I haven't visited rivals or scout or anything else in months...I don't pay any attention to recruiting because Tuberville has a track record for recruiting the best players that fit auburn university both on the field and in the classroom. Also all these STARS that players are given, are worthless. There is no way to know how these kids will perform at the next level...particularly the SEC level of play.

In fact, the times i visited rivals or scout, was the one time i went there and registerd. Not a premium member, and don't want to be...but they constantly send me updates anytime auburn gets a new commit. I only check out the site in these emails occasionaly...maybe 1 out of every 15 i get...

Guest Tigrinum Major
I dont get it...we got our second pick.

212949[/snapback]

Some of your old brethren disagree:

Third Time's The Charm

After missing out on its first two attempts to land a quarterback in this year's class it looks like Mike Shula has finally got his man. It is being confirmed that Greg McElroy from Southlake, Texas has indeed changed his verbal commitment from Texas Tech to Alabama.

Crimson Tusks/RollTideBama/Doemasters Hunting Site

Let's just go with their assessment since it is an average of yours and Galens'. How 'bout cha?

I dont get it...we got our second pick.

212949[/snapback]

Some of your old brethren disagree:

Third Time's The Charm

After missing out on its first two attempts to land a quarterback in this year's class it looks like Mike Shula has finally got his man. It is being confirmed that Greg McElroy from Southlake, Texas has indeed changed his verbal commitment from Texas Tech to Alabama.

Crimson Tusks/RollTideBama/Doemasters Hunting Site

Let's just go with their assessment since it is an average of yours and Galens'. How 'bout cha?

213755[/snapback]

Thanks TM, that's exactly the point I was trying to make. While no one will know the specifics of Smelley's recruitment most people thought Uat would get him if Tebow turned them down.

DMS,....Great sig pic ! ! ! :au::cheer::D

p.s. Back to the stated topic of this thread. Do we really need any MORE reasons? :D

Archived