Why hate Bama?

GalensGhost

This is part of a bloviating post from the Tide message board at The Tuscaloosa News website (The site:

You know, if any of the nations recruits were to actually look at tradition, history, and beyond what ESPN has to tell them, they would see that the Capstone boasts the ALL-TIME Winningest Bowl Team, as well as the most EVER 10-win seasons in the entire nation. Now throw in Coach Wade, Coach Thomas, Coach Bryant, and Coach Stallings just for good measure.... what do you have? A university that ANY recruit should be dying to spend his career with. We put players into the NFL..... just ask the current NFL MVP.

And I believe chills went through young Greg McElroy when he watched the Tradition video playing on the JumboTron. I believe he heard me, and you in the crowd making history like we did this season. He told Coach Leach at Texas Tech what everyone of us would have told him. And that is that Alabama is where his very soul wants to play football. Not Lubbock, TX.

My point is that all of what I just said isn't gonna be factored into the 'STAR' ratings by any recruiting analyst. And it's not something that you can exactly just pick up along the way (Marc Guillon). It's a calling.

This is typical of how they think. If I was a recruit, Coach Wade and Coach Thomas would be really high on my list.

If you'll excuse me, I need to clean up the vomit from my keyboard.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GG,

Nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to bammer logic. In fact, bammer and logic carelessly crammed together like that could cause a rip in the space-time continuum. I doubt that any recruit that didn't grow up a bammer fan cares one bit about Bear Bryant. I love that they think that way for two reasons. One, it's funny to read. Two, it keeps them in the dark about how football is won today. Good for them and their TRADISHUN. They are building a new one as week speak. One of corruption, delusion, and dismissal.

If you have no present and your future looks like it's going to suck, then I guess the past is all you have to hold on to. Remember to "hold the rope". The rope has to be tied to something and that something is the past. We reach forward while they cling to the past.

You mean recruits don't think about Knute Rockne when they go to ND either? :blink: Then what do they waste their time on, silly questions like "Can I play tomorrow?", "Will I win when I get there?", "Will I like my temamates & coaches?" and "Will I have good shot at the pros?" :big:

I'm perfectly happy for Bama fans to obsess with the past as much as they want to (although they don't have to keep reminding me of it). The more thought and energy expended on the past, the less thought and energy available for the present and future!

If you have no present and your future looks like it's going to suck, then I guess the past is all you have to hold on to. Remember to "hold the rope". The rope has to be tied to something and that something is the past. We reach forward while they cling to the past.

Really? No present? Uh that little tag line may have worked a few years ago when we went 4-7 and shula had just started.

But if 10-2 equates "no present" I want some of what you are smoking.

BTW Galen...if we took some "average" fan sampling from the AU group...given the basis of your hatred here... i doubt id have a hard time justifying hatred for AU.

What positions do coaches Wade and Thomas take care of for the Tahd anyway? I don't recall hearing any of the announcers this year speak of them at all on television. Oh well, they must be quarterback coaches based on them getting the pick of the QB crop out there this year.

:no:

What positions do coaches Wade and Thomas take care of for the Tahd anyway?  I don't recall hearing any of the announcers this year speak of them at all on television.  Oh well, they must be quarterback coaches based on them getting the pick of the QB crop out there this year.

212943[/snapback]

I dont get it...we got our second pick. Tebow went with Florida. But him even being close to picking bama is a pretty good testament to how good our staff is doing with recruiting.

You got your first pick, but he was also IN STATE and ranked only 3 spots ahead of our second pick.

What positions do coaches Wade and Thomas take care of for the Tahd anyway?  I don't recall hearing any of the announcers this year speak of them at all on television.  Oh well, they must be quarterback coaches based on them getting the pick of the QB crop out there this year.

212943[/snapback]

I dont get it...we got our second pick. Tebow went with Florida. But him even being close to picking bama is a pretty good testament to how good our staff is doing with recruiting.

You got your first pick, but he was also IN STATE and ranked only 3 spots ahead of our second pick.

212949[/snapback]

What is there not to get? ESPN and the Tebow family punked your coach into actually believing they had a shot at him so that their little show could get a few ratings points. So, I guess that means they wouldn't have taken Mustain either after he originally backed out of his Arky commitment and mentioned Alabama?

On the rankings, I will not argue. The asterisk should be that Caudle only played 1 or 2 games this year and is still ranked in the top 10 nationally at QB.

The point of my original post was to sarcasitcally point out that kids have no idea who these people are unless they grow up following Alabama.

If I said that Ricks committed to Auburn after he saw the Shug Jordan and Pat Dye TRADISHUN on the jumbo tron, I would only be fooling myself.

I dont get it...we got our second pick.

212949[/snapback]

Okay, that does it. I'm sending you the bill. I just snorted Dr. Pepper out my nose and all over my computer.

You got your second pick?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I've heard the Tahd's tradishun of coach Wade...... he is the coach who left Bammer to be head coach at DUKE!!!! Bammer, the stepping stone for coaches, ROFL!!!

I wonder if, while those visions of sugar plums were dancin' in his head, if he actually heard the LOUD "THUD" of ringo's backside being SLAMMED to the JH turf...over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over? (Yes, THAT is what ELEVEN sacks looks like when you take the time to type it out.) :big:

uaters, Nature's losers. (Excpet in their delusional little minds) :roflol::roflol::roflol:

p.s. Don't forget, NEVER forget, The THUMB is on the way! :au:

p.s.s. In case you do happen to forget, Coach Tubs will be more than happy to remind you! :thumbsup:

212943[/snapback]

212949[/snapback]

What about Smelley? Was he not your second pick? About Tebow "close" to picking bama, How can you prove that? I feel encouraged that Andre Smith will (most likely) be "close" to picking Auburn.

212943[/snapback]

212949[/snapback]

What about Smelley? Was he not your second pick? About Tebow "close" to picking bama, How can you prove that? I feel encouraged that Andre Smith will (most likely) be "close" to picking Auburn.

212981[/snapback]

Bama never offered Smelley. Never went after him.

NEVER? Well, THAT speaks volumes about who is in charge at the smaller "school" in west Vance.

Really? No present? Uh that little tag line may have worked a few years ago when we went 4-7 and shula had just started.

But if 10-2 equates "no present" I want some of what you are smoking.

BTW Galen...if we took some "average" fan sampling from the AU group...given the basis of your hatred here... i doubt id have a hard time justifying hatred for AU.

212940[/snapback]

Congrats on those wins against Texas Tech and Florida...

no really...

Bama's back, right?!....

Again bg, Hate is such a strong word. I do not "hate" uat. It is just a waste of time to give any negative energy to a team that we OWN. :D

212943[/snapback]

212949[/snapback]

212981[/snapback]

213002[/snapback]

Because you were distracted with the false hopes of getting Tim Tebow. Uat did in fact recruit him, though they were holding the scholly for Tebow. You never got the chance to offer Smelley, that doesn't mean you didn't want him. Also, you guys were in the running for Mustain were you not? 2nd pick, that's crassic

212943[/snapback]

212949[/snapback]

212981[/snapback]

213002[/snapback]

Because you were distracted with the false hopes of getting Tim Tebow. Uat did in fact recruit him, though they were holding the scholly for Tebow. You never got the chance to offer Smelley, that doesn't mean you didn't want him. Also, you guys were in the running for Mustain were you not? 2nd pick, that's crassic

213061[/snapback]

You gotta' feel sorry , well almost, for the uaters with all of this "2nd choice" crapola.

They have gotten so good at lyin' that they even believe it themselves. Too bad they can't understand that the rest of the football universe is laughing at them. ;)

In the words of Gayle Sayers "I hate Alabama and I want you to hate them too".....

OK, well, Sayers never actually said that; but if it hadn't been for that whole Brian Piccolo thing he would have........

now that bama is back i wonder where all the bammers that claim "auburn has only gotten good players because we are down" are. "Carnell would have gone here but we were on probation", i'm sure there are others. I really don't think there is anything more disgusting than a 55 year old redneck woman with a menthol rasp screaming roll tahd!!!!!!

I really don't think there is anything more disgusting than a 55 year old redneck woman with a menthol rasp screaming roll tahd!!!!!!

213107[/snapback]

I think that might be the core of the problem. The people who could not find Tuscaloosa, or the graduation ceremony for their local high school, with a highlighted road map.

Unprovoked, I care less about UAT than I do the lint in my pocket. It is the fans with the IQ of that same lint that wave the :ua: flags in everybody's face and speak of "tahd tradishun" without checking a single fact that make people loath UAT and its fans. Believe it or not, some good folks around the world came out of UAT with a degree. But the double wide and cinder-block shod automobile division of UAT fans make it hard for the logical fans to be heard sometimes. And when they are, everybody discounts it because of the collective crap spewed by the legions of mouth breathers.

About tradition and recruiting

To a 18yo kid who did not grow up loving UAT, he can care less that some dead coach won X number of championships 25+ years ago, it is not going to make his road to greatness any easier. You can ask all the UAT Heisman winners about that.

A recruit wants playing time, a place to develop as a good football player, good coaching, a good place to have fun and enjoy being an 18 to 23 year old person, and a scholarship so that he will hopefully above all get a good education. If he thinks he can get most or all of those things at UAT, then he will go there. If not, he will go to one of the other colleges in the nation. Anybody that thinks that history is one of the primary motivations for going to ANY school is a complete and total idiot.

Please do your homework before you spout unfounded crap from your mouth. Smelley said HIMSELF on more than one occasion that he NEVER had a bama offer. EVER. He said that he wanted to play baseball and shula told him he didnt want his QB playing baseball.

When you have a kid going on the RADIO basically begging for a bama offer the week before he verbals to USC...that doesnt mean we lost out on him. It means we didnt offer him so he went elsewhere. I didnt think that was a tough concept to grasp.

Mustain contacted the bama coaches they didnt contact him. He said he was interested, but never visited and our coaches never did an in home. And McElroy verballed to the bama coaches before Mustain reaffirmed his commit to Arkansas. He was never on the map for us.

So yes, we got our second pick. Just because you are an AU fan and hate alabama...it doesnt change the facts. Surely you dont want to think our 4th pick is ranked only three spots behind your 1st pick...

I think that might be the core of the problem. The people who could not find Tuscaloosa, or the graduation ceremony for their local high school, with a highlighted road map.

Unprovoked, I care less about UAT than I do the lint in my pocket. It is the fans with the IQ of that same lint that wave the  flags in everybody's face and speak of "tahd tradishun" without checking a single fact that make people loath UAT and its fans. Believe it or not, some good folks around the world came out of UAT with a degree. But the double wide and cinder-block shod automobile division of UAT fans make it hard for the logical fans to be heard sometimes. And when they are, everybody discounts it because of the collective crap spewed by the legions of mouth breathers.

Yeah I know what you mean...its the whiney AU fans who CONSTANTLY perpetuate a stereotype of bama fans...while ignoring the fact that they have fans of similar background.

Bama fans dont have a monopoly on trailer parks or all things redneck. Any objection to that statement would be downright ignorance. I urge you to PROVE that bama has more redneck fans per capita than AU. You cant.

Just because you say something is so...doesnt make it true.

Archived