FSU using dirty tactics?

BamaGrad03

Some of you guys who subscribe to other AU boards may know a little more about this than I.

But what I heard was that Diddy Bowded was telling Alex Rose that AU was currently being investigated or about to be investigated by the NCAA.

You guys know anything about this? That sounds like a pretty dirty tactic to me. But from what I have come to understand...i dont think this is an isolated incident with Bowden...especially when it comes to him trying to steal ya'lls recruits.

If this type rumor is out there, it most likely was started in west Vance. That is standard procedure.

I have heard a rumor similar to this one that F$U is buying recruits but i dont know if there is any truth to this one either.Would be funny to see FSU not git to go to a bowl because of a NCAA sanction!Next....UcheaT

If this type rumor is out there, it most likely was started in west Vance. That is standard procedure.

215502[/snapback]

Actually Tim...these grumblings have come from other AU message boards, thats why I was curious if any of you guys who may read/subscribe to other ones had heard anything.

It just seems to me that the last few years have shown FSU/Diddy as being more and more lazy when it comes to recruiting. I know bama and florida have had verbals lost to them because they didnt want to do their homework. ANd they came in at the last second and got some kid to reverse his verbal in a snap.

And I think AU has had the same type of thing happen to them.

F$U? Dirty Tatics? What is the world coming to?

Seriously though, F$U in my opinion is the dirtiest program of the past 15 years... The NCAA would never investigate them because they are a high profile program and bring in the $$ :angry:

Bobby Bowden worshiped Bear Bryant and tried to emulate him in everything he did. Now he's accused of dirty recruiting tricks against AU recruits. Coincidence? Or, to be expected?

I'm reminded of those immortal words of Logan Young in a drunken stupor while bragging about all the uat recruits he bought to his buddies: "I learned from the master!"

I swear...there's no discussing anything over here without it turning into an anti bama thing.

"Hey what do you guys think about the 07 season?"

"I dont know but bama cheated."

Sorry for trying to steer the conversation in a direction other than the norm.

Getting back on track

I think every team uses some sort of "dirty" tactics when it comes to recruiting.

I think both Tubs, Shula, and Richt have all at some times fudged just a bit to recruits about something.

It is part of the process

Getting back on track

I think every team uses some sort of "dirty" tactics when it comes to recruiting.

I think both Tubs, Shula, and Richt have all at some times fudged just a bit to recruits about something.

215561[/snapback]

I think you're right. But the question with this is kind of like paying players. In my mind, everyone fudges on the rules a little bit. But the ones who break out and do it more than the others that raises the eyebrow.

Getting back on track

215561[/snapback]

You are probably right slink. There is "tactical" strategy and then there is CHEATING. The folks in west vance are experts in one of the two areas. B)

I swear...there's no discussing anything over here without it turning into an anti bama thing.

"Hey what do you guys think about the 07 season?"

"I dont know but bama cheated."

Sorry for trying to steer the conversation in a direction other than the norm.

215558[/snapback]

Anti-bamuh thing? Everything I posted is all factual.

Some of you guys who subscribe to other AU boards may know a little more about this than I.

But what I heard was that Diddy Bowded was telling Alex Rose that AU was currently being investigated or about to be investigated by the NCAA.

You guys know anything about this? That sounds like a pretty dirty tactic to me. But from what I have come to understand...i dont think this is an isolated incident with Bowden...especially when it comes to him trying to steal ya'lls recruits.

215500[/snapback]

It wouldn't suprise me. When the SACS thing was going on it was said that he was telling recruits that Auburn had already lost its accredation. He was also telling them that the SACS bit was part of a NCAA investigation into Auburns football program and that we were going to get sanctions. Thats probably what you heard about BG, and your right its occured multiple times with recruits looking at AU and FSU.

I think he still has some lingering feelings over Terry getting fired.

I also think that if the investigation bit were true that we would have already heard about it on Finebaum. Like him or not, not much about Bama or Auburn gets by that man.

I hate all these rumors. Every off season stuff like this comes out. People need to give it a rest! I don't know where this rumor came from but I do know that a lot of rumors in this state start on TI because somebody "has a good source" or whatever. Of course from there it is off to BOL and so on. But enough of my TI rant. I hate rumors like this in general pertaining to any program (even bama).

Getting back on track

215561[/snapback]

I think you're right. But the question with this is kind of like paying players. In my mind, everyone fudges on the rules a little bit. But the ones who break out and do it more than the others that raises the eyebrow.

215567[/snapback]

Hey BG, is Diddy still hot and heavy after Wright as well? This is really getting ridiculous that there has been no investigation into their tactics as of yet.

I've lived in Tallahassee since 1995, I ref high school ball w/ guys deep in the FSU football program (including many on payroll w/ the athletic dept) and run into people all week long that have sons or daughters in, or being recruited by, FSU's athletic dept. If you walked in my shoes and heard these folks, you'd probably agree it's clear Diddy has been only a figurehead and occasional recruiting closer since the late '90s. It's also pretty clear programs @ FSU have no idea and don't particularly care what is allowed and not allowed by the NCAA. The UF Bullgators and FSU Golden Chiefs in the FL legislature have the NCAA so intimidated the big 3 FL schools practically have to announce their violations (see e.g. UM's Pell Grant scheme of the 1990's) for the NCAA to even peek @ UF, FSU or Miami. The last few times the NCAA started poking around a major program in this state it was made VERY clear to the NCAA that regular rights applicable to private citizens, rules of civil procedure and rules of evidence would have to be observed...none of this quasi-judicial admin. investigation stuff the rest of the country has to put up w/. The only other reason I can think of why they get away w/ it (besides the constant legis. threat) is the $$$$$$$ UF, FSU and UM provide to the whole college football entertainment scene (that pays for the NCAA). If you follow football in this state, it seems like the NCAA takes out their frustrations on the UCF's and smaller colleges in state.

Guest Tigrinum Major

215606[/snapback]

Tot resigned. In the middle of the season.

Yes, I know he probably would have been fired at the end of the season and we are talking about semantics, but walking out on those kids in the middle of the season and also the state of the program when he left are two things over which I still have lingering feelings.

215606[/snapback]

Yes, I know he probably would have been fired at the end of the season and we are talking about semantics, but walking out on those kids in the middle of the season and also the state of the program when he left are two things over which I still have lingering feelings.

215780[/snapback]

Well ya he did walk out, and that was wrong. Let me clarify why I said fired.

It is my belief that Tuberville had the Auburn job prior to the 98 season even starting.

215606[/snapback]

215780[/snapback]

Well ya he did walk out, and that was wrong. Let me clarify why I said fired.

It is my belief that Tuberville had the Auburn job prior to the 98 season even starting.

216017[/snapback]

Which is interesting to see how things can come full circle. If the plane flight hadn't been tracked...Petrino might have had the Auburn job prior to the 2003 season even ending...

Sorry to bring up a sore subject, but it had to be said. I hate how both situations were handled.

Archived