Can you name these former Tigers...

StatTiger

I think no. 45 is Darrell 'Lectron' Williams - DAMN good back in high school who got his knees messed up playing in the 6A Championship game for Vigor on the turf at Legion Field. Came to Auburn and had surprise surprise knee problems after playing on the turf at Legion Field.

I think no. 45 is Darrell 'Lectron' Williams - DAMN good back in high school who got his knees messed up playing in the 6A Championship game for Vigor on the turf at Legion Field. Came to Auburn and had surprise surprise knee problems after playing on the turf at Legion Field.

219485[/snapback]

I thought it was turf toe? I recall he was Vigor's valedictorian as well, and they beat Stan White and Berry (Hoover) for the 6A title, and ended up in USA Today's top 25.

I'll give it a shot...........

#21 - Burke (can't remember the first name)

#28 - Pedro (was his last name Cherry???)

#13 - Ken Hobby

#45 - Lectron Williams

#86 - DD Green

219513[/snapback]

You've got everyone right but #21...

Whether it was due to injury or just failing on the field, can you name the following players?

fallenstars19dh.jpg

219461[/snapback]

I'll give it a shot...........

#21 - Burke (can't remember the first name)

#28 - Pedro (was his last name Cherry???)

#13 - Ken Hobby

#45 - Lectron Williams

#86 - DD Green

219513[/snapback]

Dagnabit....let me think!!!! I'm gonna be mad at myself when I figure this out, right? LOL

Pedro Cherry never lived up to his recruiting hype due to an injury if I remember correctly. I had a calculus class with him my 1st year at AU. He understood it much better than I did. Strangely enough, I only had 3 classes with football players in them. Calculus, with him and a starting linebacker whose name I can't come up with right now, Chinese with a back-up fullback named Chad Mullenberg and a law enforcement class that was full of players. Good luck trying to figure out my degree from that.

Stat you stumped me I could on get 3 Pedro Cherry, Alex Smith and Lectron Williams, when Williams came out of high school he was one of the highest recruited players that I came remember besides Robert Davis from Homewood also Mr football......A great topic would be Mr football in the state that never made it !!!

Pedro Cherry never lived up to his recruiting hype due to an injury if I remember correctly.  I had a calculus class with him my 1st year at AU.  He understood it much better than I did.  Strangely enough, I only had 3 classes with football players in them.  Calculus, with him and a starting linebacker whose name I can't come up with right now, Chinese with a back-up fullback named Chad Mullenberg and a law enforcement class that was full of players.  Good luck trying to figure out my degree from that.

219621[/snapback]

If I remember correctly Pedro was the #1 WR in North Carolina his senior year. The #2 WR was Carl Pickens. P. Cherry is a smart guy. If I'm not mistaken he was an Engineering major. Could the LB be Karekin Cunningham? He is a very smart guy also. I heard this fall he is in medical school. I think maybe at Ohio St. Mullenberg is a super cool guy. He and my older brother were friends and I hung out with him a couple of times.

For the record I got them all correct except for Ken Hobby.

I remember Ken Hobby when he came to AU, but I don't remember what happened to him after he got there. I live about twenty miles from Ken Hobby's hometown (Tifton, GA), and this guy is STILL a legend in these parts. Nearly anyone over age 40 who knows anything about high school athletics remembers him.

I've heard this story from several people who don't know each other(still can't be sure if its true). When Ken was a senior in high school, his baseball team was playing a double header in the state playoffs. Ken pitched a no-hitter in the first game right handed and pitched a shut out in the second game left handed. Its a shame that someone with his talent never panned out.

I remember Ken Hobby when he came to AU, but I don't remember what happened to him after he got there. I live about twenty miles from Ken Hobby's hometown (Tifton, GA), and this guy is STILL a legend in these parts. Nearly anyone over age 40 who knows anything about high school athletics remembers him.

I've heard this story from several people who don't know each other(still can't be sure if its true). When Ken was a senior in high school, his baseball team was playing a double header in the state playoffs. Ken pitched a no-hitter in the first game right handed and pitched a shut out in the second game left handed. Its a shame that someone with his talent never panned out.

219654[/snapback]

I don't remember what happened to him. I do remember watching him as a freshman lead a late game drive against Tenn. at Knoxville after our starting QB got hurt.

If I remember correctly Pedro was the #1 WR in North Carolina his senior year. The #2 WR was Carl Pickens. P. Cherry is a smart guy. If I'm not mistaken he was an Engineering major. Could the LB be Karekin Cunningham? He is a very smart guy also. I heard this fall he is in medical school. I think maybe at Ohio St. Mullenberg is a super cool guy. He and my older brother were friends and I hung out with him a couple of times.

For the record I got them all correct except for Ken Hobby.

219651[/snapback]

That's what I remember about Pedro Cherry too. Karekin Cunningham wasn't the LB I'm trying to remember. I think they overlapped but not in the starting line-up. The player I'm trying to remember preceeded Cunningham by a year or 2. I think his number was 56. He was also a sharp guy who had a much better grasp of calculus than I did/do. I'm not sure how I passed the class and it is a damn good thing that there wasn't anything in vet school that required that knowledge.

I wasn't close with Chad, he was 2 or 3 years ahead of me in school (although probably close to the same age) but ,as you might imagine, there weren't a lot of people in our Chinese class (8 or so) so we were friendly and I payed close attention to how he did after the class was over. He was a nice guy. Do you know what he is doing now?

Pedro Cherry never lived up to his recruiting hype due to an injury if I remember correctly.  I had a calculus class with him my 1st year at AU.  He understood it much better than I did.  Strangely enough, I only had 3 classes with football players in them.  Calculus, with him and a starting linebacker whose name I can't come up with right now, Chinese with a back-up fullback named Chad Mullenberg and a law enforcement class that was full of players.  Good luck trying to figure out my degree from that.

219621[/snapback]

Let's see......Calculus, Chinese and Law Enforcement in Vet School. Did you get a B.S. in BS? :D

219621[/snapback]

Let's see......Calculus, Chinese and Law Enforcement in Vet School. Did you get a B.S. in BS? :D

219740[/snapback]

I guess the Vet school gave a bit of it away...I should know when to let something go. You'll never guess the undergrad degree but then again who cares at that point. The calculus, chinese and law enforcement explain why it took 5 years to get that B.S though. :)

Archived