Bama football player troubles

DKW 86

Updates on two from other boards.

http://www.crimsontusks.com/about9669.html

Story on Scout.com

Travis Sikes arrested for DUI.

http://www.crimsontusks.com/about9617.html

Dawson, Curtis, already in trouble with CMS has been kicked off the team for what I hear is missing a team meeting. I did not hear it like CT is reporting it, as a trip to a night club.

Curtis Dawson graduated from Hoover High School with me in 2004 and was a LB. From knowing him in high school I very much suspected something like this to happen when he got to UAT because of Sheila's discipline (or lack there of) of players.

Travis Sikes 2005 Signee WR from a Christian School!!!!!!!!

Sounds like he has tapped right into that Bama/Snake/Duece/Sarah Jessica Parker Wilson Turdition! :lmao:

Rumor: He wrecked his Infiniti....Wow, and Carnell drove an 9 year old Cadillac with a dent to Auburn! Could be he is into ANOTHER Bama Tradition? ;)

Curtis Dawson, 4th string DL

Haha, this is funny considering all the discussions by Bama fans about their inside source that works at Auburn that knows all the bad things the Irons kids do (sure).

Also their daily discussion of Chette and the FCA program.

You guys are really really reaching now.

Travis Sikes drove a nice car? OHHHHH NO bama must have paid for it. Its not like he came from money or anything.

And Curtis Dawson was on a VERY short leash. No drinking, no partying, no clubs. And he went to a club. So he is off the team.

I actually think its a testament to how tight of a ship Shula is running. We are hurting at DT and Dawson spent a year getting into REALLY good shape. Could have used him. But Shula stuck to his guns.

Just like he did with Simeon and DJ Hall for the bowl game. We could have used both of them something serious and he didnt compromise...But you didnt see david running over to his computer to talk about that back in Jan...

Sorry BG, I'm using Bama logic for this one.

Car was funded by the University of Alabama in some kind of double secret underground uber pay to play scholarship established by Shula.

And I'm sure the bar was a strip club and drugs were involved and that the kid is taking the fall, as it was really Shula there, all coked up, with a shemale.

I got all of that from my inside source that is the husband of the wife that cooks at the presidents house in Tuscaloosa. Its only days as the LOI is already on the way.

Its Alabama, tradishun demonstrated cheating and sex scandals over the last 10 years.

You guys are really really reaching now.

Travis Sikes drove a nice car? OHHHHH NO bama must have paid for it. Its not like he came from money or anything.

And Curtis Dawson was on a VERY short leash. No drinking, no partying, no clubs. And he went to a club. So he is off the team.

I actually think its a testament to how tight of a ship Shula is running. We are hurting at DT and Dawson spent a year getting into REALLY good shape. Could have used him. But Shula stuck to his guns.

Just like he did with Simeon and DJ Hall for the bowl game. We could have used both of them something serious and he didnt compromise...But you didnt see david running over to his computer to talk about that back in Jan...

219721[/snapback]

BG you're too young to remember this, but way back when, the Tuscaloosa News ran a big article on a Bama lineman who went on to play for the Tampa Bay Bucs. Keith McCants. He was a junior at UA at the time. The story told of his impoverished upbringing and how he had to make shoes out of cardboard and use a milk jug as a football. How he didn't have clothes to wear to school and had to use ropes for a belt.

Along with this tear-jerking article was a huge color picture of Keith sitting in his new Datsun 280-Z with T-tops, talking on his car phone (this was 1988, before everybody had them) and wearing probably $1000 worth of clothes and jewelry.

Realizing the ramifications after this edition had gone to print, or perhaps called by an unnerved Bama booster, the paper ran an article the following day clarifying that the car, clothes, phone and jewelry were "gifts" from a "wealthy uncle" who had taken an interest in young Keith. Curious that this "wealthy uncle" wasn't able to buy the kid a pair of Nikes when he was wearing cardboard boxes to school.

If it interests you, I once had documented evidence of furniture and appliances being provided prominent Bama players. Shula was on campus at that time. I never did anything with it because I'm not vindictive like that.

Now as far as Shula goes? I don't think he's running a "tight ship" at all. It appears to me that he is more interested in keeping as much as he can away from the press so he can cover it up as much as possible. He played under Perkins, so he knows those ropes.

Ghost...

Similar to your proof...i have had conversations with AU football players at football parties where they told me how they were being taken care of.

But nobody wants to hear that...they just want to hear how bama is cheating.

Every major D1 program in the country provides illegal benefits to their players...every single one. Even Auburn. So to me, its not that big a deal when a kid gets a couch or a $100 handshake. Becuse it happens EVERYWHERE.

1) BG, I was told they kid missed a team meeting, nothing else.

2) The car thing was poking fun at Bama. The Infiniti could be 15 years old for all I know. YOU read into it that I was calling it a new car. I didnt.

3) Now the drinking and driving of etc, etc, and etc? Well that does have some definite bama history there. I do take credit for that.

The DI and KI thread really has me laughing right now. The bama folks have tried three different :bs: rumors so far and it is only February...

Ghost...

Similar to your proof...i have had conversations with AU football players at football parties where they told me how they were being taken care of.

But nobody wants to hear that...they just want to hear how bama is cheating.

Every major D1 program in the country provides illegal benefits to their players...every single one. Even Auburn. So to me, its not that big a deal when a kid gets a couch or a $100 handshake. Becuse it happens EVERYWHERE.

219755[/snapback]

Not talking about mysterious unverifiable "conversations", BG. I have cancelled checks and delivery vouchers.

That was a long time ago. Doesn't bear rehashing, really. I guess I should have turned Bama in, but I didn't. It's over now.

Not talking about mysterious unverifiable "conversations", BG. I have cancelled checks and delivery vouchers.

That was a long time ago. Doesn't bear rehashing, really. I guess I should have turned Bama in, but I didn't. It's over now.

I dont have to verify anything to myself. I was there. I think you missed my point.

Now the drinking and driving of etc, etc, and etc? Well that does have some definite bama history there. I do take credit for that.

Drinking and driving has nothing to do with Alabama. But I forget...you're one of those people who thinks when current or former bama players get in trouble its BECAUSE of the university not because they are college kids who have poor judgment.

Just like when Mike Price got in trouble. That situation had NOTHING to do with Alabama...but AU fans kept going on and on like Bama MADE him do it or something.

Sense of Humor BG.

Get one, okay.

Snake, Duece x2, SJPW, and several others have all been arrested from DUIs in recent memory.

The rumors on our players is really getting under my skin, to see them getting trashed all the time like they are now. I am with David sr. I hope they paper the weight room with reprints of the thread on Bamamag.

Keith McCants actually played linebacker and was a nfl bust.... he is one of those players that lost 3 inches and .3 on forty time at the combine

In fairness, which Auburn player was it that got a DUI last year? ...seems like it was not long after JP Wilson's. And it could happen again tomorrow at Auburn, so we better be careful about casting stones.

On the other hand, as DKW says, with "Broadway" Joe, Snake, JP Wilson, and now Sykes (not to mention Price and "Ursa Major" himself), Bama seems to have a much more publicized history of bottle abuse. Maybe it's just part of their great "tradishun"...

Just like when Mike Price got in trouble. That situation had NOTHING to do with Alabama...but AU fans kept going on and on like Bama MADE him do it or something.

219764[/snapback]

Well there was some tie to the University....I don't think the hookers were screaming War Eagle while they were riding him. I would say that ties it to the University. Now I agree that it is not a cause and effect but to say it had nothing to do with the University is just insane. He was your coach. Although only for about 15 minutes, but your coach none the less. If his actions didn't have anything to do with the University then why was he fired? As your 15 minute coach, he was at the time a represenative of your institution (Brices), and as such it does have something to do with it.

In fairness, which Auburn player was it that got a DUI last year?  ...seems like it was not long after JP Wilson's.  And it could happen again tomorrow at Auburn, so we better be careful about casting stones.

On the other hand, as  DKW says, with "Broadway" Joe, Snake, JP Wilson, and now Sykes (not to mention Price and  "Ursa Major" himself), Bama seems to have a much more publicized history of bottle abuse.  Maybe it's just part of their great "tradishun"...

219830[/snapback]

It was Kevin Sears who had the DUI last year and unlike some other programs he was punished and has worked his way back into good graces.

I dont have to verify anything to myself. I was there. I think you missed my point.

219764[/snapback]

Not to yourself, perhaps, but that wouldn't be admissable. What I have would be (if the staute of limitations hadn't run out years ago).

No offense, but I put zero stock in "had a conversation at a party". Not just from you, but from anyone.

219764[/snapback]

No offense, but I put zero stock in "had a conversation at a party". Not just from you, but from anyone.

219839[/snapback]

Well I'm sorry to disagree with you Galen but someone at a party told me the turd nation sucks....And I believe it was the gospel.

On the other hand, as  DKW says, with "Broadway" Joe, Snake, JP Wilson, and now Sykes (not to mention Price and  "Ursa Major" himself), Bama seems to have a much more publicized history of bottle abuse.  Maybe it's just part of their great "tradishun"...
Don't forget Tha Bahr!

Don't forget Tha Bahr!

219855[/snapback]

Sorry for the confusion over my latin reference:

"Ursa Major" IS the latin for "Great Bear", as in the constellation (AKA The Big Dipper). Now we Auburn fans may dispute just how "great" he really was, but clearly he's the largest constellation in Bama's sky! B)

Don't forget Tha Bahr!

219855[/snapback]

Sorry for the confusion over my latin reference:

"Ursa Major" IS the latin for "Great Bear", as in the constellation (AKA The Big Dipper). Now we Auburn fans may dispute just how "great" he really was, but clearly he's the largest constellation in Bama's sky! B)

219874[/snapback]

Yeah, makes sense now, but didn't before my coffee this morning.

My bad, haha.

219764[/snapback]

Not to yourself, perhaps, but that wouldn't be admissable. What I have would be (if the staute of limitations hadn't run out years ago).

219839[/snapback]

Galen, what is the statute of limitations on something like this, and are you sure its run out?? I thought the NCAA could investigate whoever they get info about, and whenever they choose??

Archived