OUCH!!!

WarTiger

And if anyone has any suggestions on more defensive plays to put in the video please suggest them. preferably with like audio commentary :thumbsup:

219712[/snapback]

There's a couple of hits from the 80's that stand out to me. I liked the Carlo Cheatam hit on Reggie Cobb and the Smokey Hodge hit on Tim Worley. Does anyone have these?

219797[/snapback]

I got the Cheattom hit on Cobb 2-3 years ago from AUN from the media page...still the hardest hit I've ever seen in person. The amazing thing about it is that Cheattom laid the hit AND recovered the ensuing fumble.

219997[/snapback]

It was right in front of the student section too. If I remember right the ball actually went up in the air and he caught it before it hit the ground and ran with it.

The hit that stands out most to me though is the hit that S Danley took in the 1990 bowl game against Ohio State. That hit seemed to turn the game in AU's favor though. At Wings in Huntsville there is a picture of that hit as you walk in towards the bar. The story that I heard was that when Dye went out and talked to Danley and saw that he was ok he said something like show them your a man and walk off the field on your own.

Cheattom's hit was down at our end of the field...it seemed like the stadium inhaled briefly for a nanosecond, then exploded with that distinctive OOOOOOOOHH! Reggie Cobb was a complete non-factor after that and if memory serves, he spent a lot of time in the second half sitting on the bench with a towel over his head. That was a complete rout (38-6 AU).

Re: Danley...

That's the hardest hit I've ever seen an AU player take...I wasn't completely convinced Danley was going to get up after that lick (it was a legal hit, for those of you who may be wondering). Zack Dumas was the name of the Ohio State DB that flattened him.

The game did start going our way after that. We were down 14-3 at the time, but it ended 31-14 AU.

I saw both the Reggie Cobb hit (my freshman year) and the Stacy Danley hit the next year in person. For the Hall of Fame Bowl, I was sitting WAAAAY up in the corner, and I actually FELT that hit Danley took. You know how when you're at a concert and you can "feel" the bass drums in your chest? That's how it was when Danley got hit. I remember seeing the Ohio State sideline go absolutely crazy. They were literally falling all over each other and onto the field. But Danley did, in fact, take it like a man. Whatever may have happened with SD recently at Auburn, I still respect the hell out of him. He and James Joseph were a real gruesome twosome.

Ever notice at AU we hardly ever just seem to have one great running back? There are too many tandems to name. With runningbacks at AU, when it rains, it pours. I say, let it rain.

And if anyone has any suggestions on more defensive plays to put in the video please suggest them. preferably with like audio commentary :thumbsup:

219712[/snapback]

There's a couple of hits from the 80's that stand out to me. I liked the Carlo Cheatam hit on Reggie Cobb and the Smokey Hodge hit on Tim Worley. Does anyone have these?

219797[/snapback]

I got the Cheattom hit on Cobb 2-3 years ago from AUN from the media page...still the hardest hit I've ever seen in person. The amazing thing about it is that Cheattom laid the hit AND recovered the ensuing fumble.

219997[/snapback]

It was right in front of the student section too. If I remember right the ball actually went up in the air and he caught it before it hit the ground and ran with it.

The hit that stands out most to me though is the hit that S Danley took in the 1990 bowl game against Ohio State. That hit seemed to turn the game in AU's favor though. At Wings in Huntsville there is a picture of that hit as you walk in towards the bar. The story that I heard was that when Dye went out and talked to Danley and saw that he was ok he said something like show them your a man and walk off the field on your own.

220028[/snapback]

I think Dye's remark was something more like "if you are a man at all you will get your a** up off the ground right now and run to the sidelines"

wyoming was my first game as a student. good times.

and i was at the vandy game (jacobs hit) and the uga game (junior's hit)... i gotta say junior's popped was harder. i was on the opposite side of the field at uga and heard it. biggest shot i've seen. that vandy kid was just a lamb to the slaughter though, felt kinda bad for him.

that was my first game as a student. good times.

and i was at the vandy game (jacobs hit) and the uga game (junior's hit)... i gotta say junior's popped was harder. i was on the opposite side of the field at uga and heard it. biggest shot i've seen. that vandy kid was just a lamb to the slaughter though, felt kinda bad for him.

220090[/snapback]

i don't quite remember who the coach was for vandy at the time but jacobs did it twice before the kid got hurt i believe. That coach was basically leaving his kids out there to get killed. Could have been the dumbest return formation ever, to have players basically standing still while a freakin torpedo was coming straight at em.

Archived