Real Americans

Proud Tiger

I do not want him in harm's way in Iraq. 

221278[/snapback]

Let's hear you say that when we have to send out a search party to find what's left of your family after they're blown to pieces from an Al-Qaida attack on American soil.

I'd like his son to come home too. I'd like to not go back. But it's necessary if we're going to survive HERE peacefully. If his son and I have to die (heaven forbid) so you can sleep in peace at night then so be it. My soul is prepared. I don't understand why this concept is so hard to grasp for the left.

I'll do my part to protect American citizens from abuses of power by our government.  It's a war.  You and yours may not appreciate my service to country, but I'll keep on fighting without you.  It is my duty to country.

221278[/snapback]

Your "service" is really more of a dis-service. It only weakens our Nation and gives our enemies an image of vulnerability. Please stop. Where are these abuses that you speak of? You have no reason to say what you say. The FBI isn't knocking on your door to ask you questions. The CIA isn't taking your family members in the middle of the night. Your town doesn't have a curfew and it isn't under martial law. The military isn't patrolling your streets with tanks and Bradleys. People aren't being tried without due process of law. Suspects are still innocent until proven guilty. You don't need a passport to travel from state to state. You're not forced to hunt with Dick Cheney if you don't want to. You can still own a firearm, speak freely and you don't have to give quarters to the military so spare me the "Government abuse" psycho babble.

Let Freedom Ring.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CL,

"Service" to the Left is when they can talk, but don't actually have to do anything.

Put themselves in harms way; actually sacrifice time away from family; give comfort to the dying or their family, motivate and support troops in the field when about 40% of the elected officials in their country don't.....PLEASE.....that's only for lunk-heads like you, TIS and the 4 million others wearing the uniform...

God Bless the men and women wearing the uniform and making sacrifices.......Semper Fi......

I'll do my part to protect American citizens from abuses of power by our government.  It's a war.  You and yours may not appreciate my service to country, but I'll keep on fighting without you.  It is my duty to country.

:flag:

221278[/snapback]

And what are those abuses? When did they occur? To who?

221295[/snapback]

The fourth amendment is violated many times every day. Children are taken from their parents on exaggerated charges.

I don't have time to give a bunch of examples, but I'll tell you about one I lost. Search warrant, looking for pot. Executed search warrant at farmhouse. Found maybe 3 to 4 oz. pot. Took husband and wife to jail at 10:00 P.M., but continued searching through night. After posting bail the next morning, the couple found many items missing including diamond jewelry, an autographed Beatles album (by all 4 Beatles), etc. The cops had been there until about 1 hour before the citizens returned.

Then there was the 18" x 24" Mexican style chest on the floor, in the open at the landing of the stairs on the first floor. It was wrapped with several strips of silver duct tape. It was opened with the contents scattered about - those contents being baby blankets, pictures and memorabilia from the lady's son. Also opened from the contents was a small cedar box, sealed with wax, clearly identified as containing the cremated remains of the ladies son who died in a house fire. It was opened - including the inner plastic bag containing the cremains, some of which were scattered upon the bureau and floor.

I deposed all 12 or 13 cops who participated. Geez, not only did none of them take any personal property, none of them even saw the chest wrapped in silver duct tape on the floor! Since none of them saw it, obviously, none of them sifted through the ashes. Federal libby judge said we didn't have enough proof to go forward and dismissed the case.

That is your government in action. It kills me to this day that not one cop would tell the truth. Yes, you may all say my client's are lying, and would spread the child's ashes out to frame cops. I don't buy that.

That's one example. You see citizens being beaten by cops on TV w/o justification. If there were no tapes, there would be no beatings, I assure you.

I'm sorry their belongings got trashed, but they did break the law. And if you break the law, odd things seem to happen to you and yours. And obviously noone has ever hidden drugs in a sealed container of human ashes. Please. These people were found to have an illegal substance. This gives reason to believe that more of said substance may be found. Unfortunate situation, but they weren't at church praying and got dragged away for praying too loud. If you put yourself in a position of illegality, then you will experience the bad things on life. These people might want to think about giving up anything illegal. They are on the list now. And if you are on the list, don't spit at the cops.

Good example to point out ot your kids and say, "see, it can happen to you."

Rodney King ran from police and then attacked said police. Got his ass whipped. Moral of the story, do not run from the police.

Moral of your story, if you have anything to lose, don't have an illegal substance in your home.

I'm sorry their belongings got trashed, but they did break the law. And if you break the law, odd things seem to happen to you and yours. And obviously noone has ever hidden drugs in a sealed container of human ashes. Please. These people were found to have an illegal substance. This gives reason to believe that more of said substance may be found. Unfortunate situation, but they weren't at church praying and got dragged away for praying too loud. If you put yourself in a position of illegality, then you will experience the bad things on life. These people might want to think about giving up anything illegal. They are on the list now. And if you are on the list, don't spit at the cops.

Rodney King ran from police and then attacked said police. Got his ass whipped. Moral of the story, do not run from the police.

Moral of your story, if you have anything to lose, don't have an illegal substance in your home.

221528[/snapback]

CCTAU - I hope that every time you break the law, you are caught, are beaten, your house trashed, your money stolen, your families' graves robbed, and you get the maximum punishment allowed by law. Then you will feel good about being the great American you obviously are.

Since you have never broken the law, I'm sure you're safe. Uh, 55 mph, remember that.

Don't forget, the cops didn't go through their ashes - their testimony, under oath. Thank God these government agents are out there protecting us from marijuana.

221528[/snapback]

CCTAU - I hope that every time you break the law, you are caught, are beaten, your house trashed, your money stolen, your families' graves robbed, and you get the maximum punishment allowed by law. Then you will feel good about being the great American you obviously are.

Since you have never broken the law, I'm sure you're safe. Uh, 55 mph, remember that.

221546[/snapback]

Come on. What an idiotic comparison. I HAVE gottem stopped for speeding. I STOPPED. That is the key. I got a ticket. I paid the fine. I DID NOT HAVE DRUGS IN THE CAR. Just like most lawyers, you make a mountain out of a molehill just to justify your expense. And since this was obviously a blatant infringment on human rights, you defended for free.....

221528[/snapback]

You missed his point. What disturbed him about the situation is that those bound to uphold the law (the police officers involved) most likely committed perjury by denying the obvious, that they ransacked and stole some of the suspects' belongings. That the suspects may have broken the law does not justify behavior of this sort from the police. The same thing could have happened to them had they not broken the law, but were the target of a search warrant nonetheless.

Just like most lawyers, you make a mountain out of a molehill just to justify your expense.

221528[/snapback]

Everyone trashes attorneys until they find themselves as defendants. Should we abolish attorneys and simply leave you at the mercy of the police and prosecutors (who will certainly make you aware of and encourage you to exercise your rights) with the obligation of proving yourself innocent while incarcerated? You can trust them, police and prosecutors always have your interests at heart.

Are you exempting those who might defend you in the future from being like the rest of the profession by saying "most lawyers"? How do you characterize the dichotomy?

I can understand the police searching through trunks and even ashes for drugs if they have a warrant. One would like to think they can do so without being as disrespectful/destructive as it appears they are on some searches. They should never commit perjury.

One should not run from police. One should not possess illegal contraband. But doing either in no way gives the police any right to violate any of one's civil rights. Rodney King should not have run. Rodney King should not have been beaten.

Rodney King should not have been beaten.

222696[/snapback]

He should have been tazed or maced to the point of not being able to control his bowel movements instead.

"... Federal libby judge said we didn't have enough proof to go forward and dismissed the case.  ..." 

Don't you just hate it when that happens -- the judge protecting the civil rights of the police officers? (Irony & stuff for a lawyer to be protesting this.)

... That is your government in action.  It kills me to this day that not one cop would tell the truth.  Yes, you may all say my client's are lying, and would spread the child's ashes out to frame cops.  I don't buy that.  ...

Law enforcement officers lying is a terrible tragedy today. You'd like to believe that they are all upstanding & uncorruptable. Tell me this though, what do you think of the top law enforcement officer in the land brazenly lying under oath & lying to the American public in front of the TV cameras? Does that "kill you to this day" as well?

... That's one example.  You see citizens being beaten by cops on TV w/o justification.  If there were no tapes, there would be no beatings, I assure you.

??? So, ... videotapes = beatings? Huh? Cops are trained to subdue suspects for arrest. They are allowed to carry & use batons to help them achieve this objective. Unfortunately, there are many times when this procedure is necessary. Not all suspects are sober, rational & unarmed. If there are cops out there randomly beating on citizens "without justification" as you say, then they need to be prosecuted & punished -- not to mention removed from the police force. If they're using the batons as they've been trained and with justification -- then shut up & let them do their job .

I don't know about any of you guys, but I have been pulled over by the police and the state troopers before (speeding nothing serious). I will offer several rules for you if you ever find yourself in a similar situation.

1. Don't run. You can not out run the radios, two dozen cars, dogs and helicopters. If you do manage to evade immediate capture, you cannot out run the news reports that will flash your picture and description nationwide in a matter of hours.

2. Do NOT ask the officer if he had a good experience at Krispy Kreame Donuts.

3. If you have been arguing with your wife or girlfriend, under NO circumstance allow her to speak.

4. If it is raining meet the officer half way with your hands in plain sight.

5. Do no yell "Back off Barney, I've got a piece."

6. Do not say " You'll never get those cuffs on me...You *****!"

7. Do not say " Come on write the damn ticket, if I wasn't in a hurry I wouldn't of been driving so fast!"

8. Do Not say " Hey officer, is that your nightstick or are you just glad to see me?"

9. Do Not say "I'm surprised you stopped me, Dunkin Donuts has a 3 for 1 special!"

10. Do Not say "Yeah you can see my license and registration, officer, but could you hold my beer for a minute?"

11. Do Not say "Hey, you must've been doing' about 125 mph (200 km/h) to keep up with me! Good job!"

12. Do Not say "Sorry, Officer, I didn't realize my radar detector wasn't plugged in."

13. Do Not say "I thought you had to be in relatively good physical condition to be a Police Officer."

14. Do Not say "You know, I was going to be cop, but I decided to finish high school instead."

15. Do Not say "Bad Cop! No Donut!"

16. Do Not say "You're NOT gonna check the trunk, are you?"

17. Do Not say "Lets do it different this time... I will give you the breathalyzer test, now stick this in your mouth and blow"

18. Do Not say "Didn't I see you get your ass kicked on "COPS" last week on TV?"

18. Do Not say "Wow, You look just like the guy in the picture next to my girlfriend's bed."

19. Do Not say "I bet I could grab that gun before you finish writing my ticket!"

20. Do Not say "So, uh, you "on the take", or what?"

21. Do Not say "Gee, officer! That's terrific. The police officer yesterday only gave me a warning too!"

22. Do Not say "Hey is that a 9 mm? That's nothing compared to this .44 magnum."

23. Do Not say "When you smack the crap outta me, make sure you smile for the video camcorder.

24. Do Not say "Is it true that people become policemen because they are too dumb to work at McDonalds?"

25. Do Not say "Hey, you look like that girl I screwed a few days ago..."

26. Do Not say "Aren't you one of the Village People?"

Archived