Real Americans

Proud Tiger

I know many who joined the Guard to get out of the war.  I lived those days.  If you don't believe that joining the Guard was a common practice to avoid VN, you're are very misinformed.

220377[/snapback]

So which guard unit were you in? Or were you studying law in Great Britain? :poke:

220618[/snapback]

My draft number was "10." I was in school at AU. "They" failed to acknowledge by college deferment by mistake. I was pro war and confused, so I reported to Maxwell Field in Montgomery for my physical. "4F" - they wouldn't let me fight.

Screw you for doubting my willingness to serve.

220710[/snapback]

Did I push the red button?

You really haven't given us a reason to believe otherwise, now have you? So if you hadn't been "confused", as you put it, what would have done, hmm? I guess I'm terrilby "confused" too.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm extremely proud of the actions of my great grandfather (WWI), my grandfather (WWII) and my father (Vietnam) and those that fight for us today, but the freedom that they fought for applies to everyone, not just those that support the party line of our executive branch, and to assume so makes you less of a Real American than anyone who uses that freedom to make public their distain for unconstitutional actions of those in power.

Talk about wanting to puke, why don't you have toby keith write you a song. This is the kind of narrow-minded attitude that makes me shake with rage.

Speaking of that particular candidate, he promised to open and disclose his entire service record.

I think a lot more of Kerry's military record is public knowledge than Bush's. We have a lot of public record on his medals and the official commendations of why they were awarded. There continues to be a cloud of controversy over Bush's Guard service and what, exactly, he was doing while posted in Alabama. At the very least, there is no debate over whether Kerry actually reported for duty, nor any argument that he volunteered for service that he might have been able to avoid.

Best possible case: Bush faithfully completed 100% of his guard requirements and was never absent, and Kerry completed his tour in Vietnam with the distinctions noted in official US military records. I say it's up to the detractors to prove otherwise, and there is no solid proof to the contrary in either case. I believe the case in favor of Kerry has more official documentation in the public record than the case for Bush, however.

220679[/snapback]

First of all what Kerry did or did not do in Vietnam really does not matter. What most vets were POed at him for is his conduct and actions after he left. But that does not matter either. What does matter is that he said he would and he still has not.

Forget Bush he will not be running again! NEVER, EVER! Kerry on the other hand promised to open and release his entire service record. He still has not. TOTAL bull****, the only cloud concerning Bush's service record is with the dems who IGNORE the FACT that he released his entire record. Those same dems when asked why Kerry STILL has not released his records revert to pointing the finger at Bush. You guys will be completely lost in 2008 when Bush is not running and you are still whining about Bush. It might be good if you never realized that Bush will not be running.

You say there is no solid proof. There is proof that a Secretary of the Navy had some things changed in Kerry’s service record after receiving a letter/request from the good Senator of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.

I'm extremely proud of the actions of my great grandfather (WWI), my grandfather (WWII) and my father (Vietnam) and those that fight for us today, but the freedom that they fought for applies to everyone, not just those that support the party line of our executive branch, and to assume so makes you less of a Real American than anyone who uses that freedom to make public their distain for unconstitutional actions of those in power.

Talk about wanting to puke, why don't you have toby keith write you a song. This is the kind of narrow-minded attitude that makes me shake with rage.

220773[/snapback]

And what unconstitutional actions do you refer to?

I'm proud of your ancestors too :thumbsup:

220773[/snapback]

I'm proud of them too. Wonder why the service streak ended with you? Oh well, doesn't matter, it's your choice.

Keep shaking then because this "narrow-minded" country is OVERWHELMINGLY conservative and backs our President and the troops fighting to protect your right to make "enlightened" comments that hold no water.

I love it when you libs come out of the woodwork, as scarce as you are... :D

I'm proud of them too. Wonder why the service streak ended with you? Oh well, doesn't matter, it's your choice.

Keep shaking then because this "narrow-minded" country is OVERWHELMINGLY conservative and backs our President and the troops fighting to protect your right to make "enlightened" comments that hold no water.

I love it when you libs come out of the woodwork, as scarce as you are... :D

220793[/snapback]

It's really none of your damn business, but since you asked, my father stongly discuouraged the military for several reasons. With an approval rating lower than any other president in the last 50 years, I seriously doubt overwheming is the level of support for our current administration.

These kinds of posts make my point over and over and over and over and over.

Bammanmr,

So after you left home and got away from Daddy, then what?

Approval ratings and support for actions; especially regarding war efforts are two different things. I hated (and still hate) Jimmy Carter....he was weak, innefective, a disgrace to the office; my approval rating for him was a negative number.

However, I supported all his actions to get our hostages out of Iran; even after the lame-politcally-correct -rescue-attempt he launched. I was hoping he would send in another group to get them out....I wanted him to be successful more than anything because he was My President and he was trying to protect American citizens and strike a blow at our enemies.....

The same for Bill Clinton...all political partisanship stops when troops are in harms way...... guess you never got that civics lesson......

220773[/snapback]

You sir, should be proud. You are a true American who defends our Constitution and our way of life that our Founding Fathers left us to defend.

Those of you who don't understand this are likely to critize this fellow American. You may carry a gun, drop bombs even give your life for this country, but without Americans such as Bammanmr our country and way of life will be lost.

Bammanmr, I thank you for your stand. Be proud.

Bammanmr,

So after you left home and got away from Daddy, then what? 

Approval ratings and support for actions; especially regarding war efforts are two different things.  I hated (and still hate) Jimmy Carter....he was weak, innefective, a disgrace to the office; my approval rating for him was a negative number. 

However, I supported all his actions to get our hostages out of Iran; even after the lame-politcally-correct -rescue-attempt he launched.  I was hoping he would send in another group to get them out....I wanted him to be successful more than anything because he was My President and he was trying to protect American citizens and strike a blow at our enemies.....

The same for Bill Clinton...all political partisanship stops when troops are in harms way......  guess you never got that civics lesson......

220827[/snapback]

What did you feel when Reagan tucked tail and ran like hell to get out of Lebanon after our troops were bombed in their sleep?? You can't hide your radical Republicanism but don't think others have reason to be swayed by your half-truths.

Guess I'm not going to get an answer to my question on your excuse for not following in the family line after you got away from Mommie's coat-tails.

For the record, I was pissed off when we got out of Lebanon. I don't believe in leaving tasks unfinished Bamannmr whether it is a Republican or Democrat in the White House; but hey, I'm just a radical Republican, right..... Terrorist never become more moderate; you must deal with them. Had we dealt with Hamas then in Lebanon or allowed the Israeli's to, we would not be dealing with Hamas there now.

And for the record, I was pissed off when Clinton abandoned the troops in Somalia at the mercy of incompetent UN commanders and their good intentions.

Guess I'm not going to get an answer to my question on your excuse for not following in the family line after you got away from Mommie's coat-tails.

220988[/snapback]

You really can't get through to these guys, JT. They're just hard headed. A jackhammer with a diamond tipped chisel couldn't get through their skull. But it sure is fun to try! :D

Ahem, anyway, back to business...

People, we live in a world that has terrorists that want to unmercifully kill Americans, and those terrorists have to be killed by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You, LegalEagle? You, Bammanmr? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for dead American servicemen, and you curse the President. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That American servicemen deaths, while tragic, saves American civilian lives. And that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me in the desert, you need me in the desert. We use words like duty, honor, country. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to "men" who rise and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then question the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you have to say about the de facto WAR on terrorism.

Whew! I don't know where that came from but it sure sounds good!

People, we live in a world that has terrorists that want to unmercifully kill Americans, and those terrorists have to be killed by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You, LegalEagle? You, Bammanmr? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for dead American servicemen, and you curse the President. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That American servicemen deaths, while tragic, saves American civilian lives. And that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me in the desert, you need me in the desert. We use words like duty, honor, country. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to "men" who rise and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then question the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you have to say about the de facto WAR on terrorism.

But CL, I just want to know, Did you order that Code Red??? :)

220988[/snapback]

You really can't get through to these guys, JT. They're just hard headed. A jackhammer with a diamond tipped chisel couldn't get through their skull. But it sure is fun to try! :D

221023[/snapback]

I sure as hell don't want you in the desert, nor do I need you in the desert. But after getting to know you a bit better, I do believe America is safer with you outside the country. :poke:

For the record, I was pissed off when we got out of Lebanon.  I don't believe in leaving tasks unfinished Bamannmr whether it is a Republican or Democrat in the White House; but hey, I'm just a radical Republican, right.....  Terrorist never become more moderate; you must deal with them.  Had we dealt with Hamas then in Lebanon or allowed the Israeli's to, we would not be dealing with Hamas there now. 

And for the record, I was pissed off when Clinton abandoned the troops in Somalia at the mercy of incompetent UN commanders and their good intentions.

220988[/snapback]

He likely decided to contribute to our country in a different way. If everyone was a soldier, their would be no one to work, pay taxes, and support the government.

For the record, you made no mention of Republicans crawfishing out of armed conflicts. What about Vietnam - Wasn't Nixon a Republican? Should we still be fighting in Vietnam? Our government told us that if we let SVn fall then the entire Southeastern Asia would fall to the communists. If we blindly followed that mantra, we'd likely still be fighting in Vietnam today. Are you a supporter of the Vietnam "War"? Should Nixon have tucked tail and run like he did?

For the record, I was pissed off when we got out of Lebanon.  I don't believe in leaving tasks unfinished Bamannmr whether it is a Republican or Democrat in the White House; but hey, I'm just a radical Republican, right.....  Terrorist never become more moderate; you must deal with them.  Had we dealt with Hamas then in Lebanon or allowed the Israeli's to, we would not be dealing with Hamas there now. 

220988[/snapback]

Likewise, but given the Marines situation in Beirut (they weren't allowed to have rounds in their weapons) they were sitting ducks. They should have been given the right to defend themselves rather than be the unarmed targets that they were. That's what political correctness gets you on the battlefield. Had we taken care of Hamas (and the Syrians) then, a lot of the crap we're dealing with today would not exist.

Somalia was a damn disgrace and a sterling example of why our politicians should leave the fighting to the military and why we should never allow our troops to become subservient to the UN. So many things went wrong in Somalia and 99% of it leads right back to the White House.

But CL, I just want to know, Did you order that Code Red??? :)

221088[/snapback]

I did the job you sent me to do. :big:

220988[/snapback]

221023[/snapback]

I sure as hell don't want you in the desert, nor do I need you in the desert. But after getting to know you a bit better, I do believe America is safer with you outside the country. :poke:

221091[/snapback]

:D Ok, now that's funny I have to admit. Touche.

Now back to our regularly scheduled forum war. LegalEagle :shoot:

I love the "Few Good Men" parody......nice job.....

I believe in sticking to our commitments; and in leaving a place better off than we found it. Who believes the people of Vietnam are better off than they would have been had we prosecuted the war to win? Vietnam has been mired in the predictable utopian communist system of unimaginable poverty, corruption and squalor for the last 40 years. Vietnam could have been like Korea had we committed to winning.

If you have no intention of winning; then you should get out. Nixon's strategy made a lot more sense (equip the South to defend themselves to allow the US to get out) than Kennedy or Johsnon's (waste lives with no goal in mind).

I love the "Few Good Men" parody......nice job.....

I believe in sticking to our commitments; and in leaving a place better off than we found it.  Who believes the people of Vietnam are better off than they would have been had we prosecuted the war to win?  Vietnam has been mired in the predictable utopian communist system of unimaginable poverty, corruption and squalor for the last 40 years.  Vietnam could have been like Korea had we committed to winning. 

If you have no intention of winning; then you should get out.  Nixon's strategy made a lot more sense (equip the South to defend themselves to allow the US to get out)  than Kennedy or Johsnon's (waste lives with no goal in mind).

221219[/snapback]

VN was a political quagmire form the get-go. An international pissing contest with the Soviet Union. Thank you once again Mr. Frenchman for getting us into that one.

You are an idiot if you do not think that the troops inthe desert are protecting your liberal ass. Like I said before, you should sign up as a terrorist friendly neighborhood so that if we pull our troops out, they'll bomb you and yours. As for me, I am damn proud my son is over there Even if it is for someone like you who does not appreciate it.

I'm an idiot. That does not mean I don't appreciate your son's service. I pray that he returns home safely. I do not want him in harm's way in Iraq.

I'll do my part to protect American citizens from abuses of power by our government. It's a war. You and yours may not appreciate my service to country, but I'll keep on fighting without you. It is my duty to country.

:flag:

I'll do my part to protect American citizens from abuses of power by our government.  It's a war.  You and yours may not appreciate my service to country, but I'll keep on fighting without you.  It is my duty to country.

:flag:

221278[/snapback]

And what are those abuses? When did they occur? To who?

I'll do my part to protect American citizens from abuses of power by our government.

221278[/snapback]

And you'll do your part to bog down the judicial system with frivilous horsecrap lawsuits designed less about justice but stemming more from a blind hatred of the Bush administration.

Archived