I'm Talking and I Can't Shut Up

Proud Tiger

I thought this was funny & interesting, though:

Legendary Mississippi coach Johnny Vaught passed away and at his funeral, former Rebels great Archie Manning told the story of what Coach Vaught told the New Orleans Saints when he found out what they were offering to pay Manning to play. He said, "My gosh, son, he made more than that playing here." You just got to love the SEC....

Starting next year the 12-game season is here to stay. Has it dawned on coaches that you now must win seven games to have a winning regular season? So much for my dream job at Vanderbilt. I always have thought it would be great to be the head coach at Vanderbilt, win six games and lead the Commodores to their first winning regular season since 1982. But seven wins is a whole different story....

Wonder what the folks in Nashvegas think of that little nugget?

Starting next year the 12-game season is here to stay. Has it dawned on coaches that you now must win seven games to have a winning regular season? So much for my dream job at Vanderbilt. I always have thought it would be great to be the head coach at Vanderbilt, win six games and lead the Commodores to their first winning regular season since 1982. But seven wins is a whole different story....

Wonder what the folks in Nashvegas think of that little nugget?

221101[/snapback]

Getting smack talk from Tater Tot? How sad is that?

Does anybody remember that I predicted back in August right here on Yahoo! Sports that Texas would beat Southern California in the Rose Bowl to win the national championship and that Vince Young could beat you with his arm as well as his legs ("Big 12 preview," Aug. 16, 2005)? Who's going with me to Vegas?

No, Terry, I don't actually. Why couldn't you predict that you would turn out to be such a sleezeball which led to your "resignation?"

I'll pass on Vegas but you go ahead and put it all on black. Cheers.

Archived