3. Chris Fowler

4. Lou Holtz

5. Dennis Franchione

6. Steve Spurrier

7. Jim Tressel

8. Michael Adams

9. Ty Willingham

10. Bobby Bowden

Check out the comments on the list by paulwesterdawg (where have I heard that idiot's handle before?) about Tuberville.

Tubby didn't wear the "Thumb" shirt to SEC Media Days, cause that isn't till this summer so he really knows what he is talking about. The guy is probably ticked cause Auburn keeps beating his bleoved leghumpers in Athens.

interesting comments from a rebel fan....defends tuberville..

Stop the presses, a Rebel fan here to defend Tubberville and his “Fran-like” actions. I don’t agree with the way Tubberville didn’t tell his players first that he was leaving, but outside of that, I don’t blame him for anything else he did. He was using the Auburn offer against our AD to try to get the AD to promise him that stadium expansion and a future indoor practice facility would be in the works along with more money (which was deserved for how strongly he brought us out of the probation that cost us 26 schollies over 2 years). Our AD at the time wouldn’t make him any promises, so he bolted, and rightfully so.

The irony of it all is that the AD would be out the door in the coming years followed by a new AD that would get a stadium expansion and indoor practice facility done for the football program along with bumping the coaching salaries to a more comparable level. All the expansion was much needed. Tubberville knew it, so he left for greener pastures when he couldn’t get what he needed.

Comment by rebel84 — February 17, 2006 @ 3:36 pm

Orson Swindle's Prattle

For those too lazy to click a link:

1. Myles Brand

2. Phil Fulmer

3. Chris Fowler

4. Lou Holtz

5. Dennis Franchione

6. Steve Spurrier

7. Jim Tressel

8. Michael Adams

9. Ty Willingham

10. Bobby Bowden

Check out the comments on the list by paulwesterdawg (where have I heard that idiot's handle before?) about Tuberville.

221869[/snapback]

Totally agree re: Fowler. Although he does a fine job from a technical standpoint, he has exactly NO charisma (enter Corso and Herbie - for better or worse, at least people respond to them) and is a total jerk in person (I've seen it in person).

Archived