Toomer's Corner Gates Damaged...

Guest Tigrinum Major

Guest Tigrinum Major

Heard through the grapevine that the brickwork at Toomer's Corner had been knocked down. I am assuming that the person that sent me the email was talking about the main "gate" to the University, but surely one of our crackerjack student posters would have noticed and posted that info.

What is happening at Toomer's?

Anyone, anyone? Bueller, Bueller?

A service vehicle backed into the post on the right (looking throgh the gate at Samford) and knocked the eagle off. Supposedly the eagle is ok, but they're having to re-brick some of the column. I heard that it was going to cost 10K to fix. Sounds like government work to me ($40 for a hammer, $872 for a toilet seat, etc). Hopefully that figure was substantially inflated.

Heard through the grapevine that the brickwork at Toomer's Corner had been knocked down.  I am assuming that the person that sent me the email was talking about the main "gate" to the University, but surely one of our crackerjack student posters would have noticed and posted that info. 

Anyone, anyone?  Bueller, Bueller?

222650[/snapback]

You can look for yourself here:

Toomer Cam

Galen I love the Kiss stuff, I am huge fan my husband has a Kiss room in our house.

Heard through the grapevine that the brickwork at Toomer's Corner had been knocked down.  I am assuming that the person that sent me the email was talking about the main "gate" to the University, but surely one of our crackerjack student posters would have noticed and posted that info. 

Anyone, anyone?  Bueller, Bueller?

222650[/snapback]

Toomer Cam

222667[/snapback]

Leave it to the on campus UA fan to give ya'll the big news, though I figured someone would post this by now:

http://www.theplainsman.com/vnews/display....3/43fcf48c13eb6

43fcf48c13eb6-35-1.jpg

I know The Plainsman isn't near the pinnacle of journalism, but I am surprised no one here seems to read it...

Toomer Cam

222667[/snapback]

You have better eyes than me if you can see the columns.

222689[/snapback]

I didn't even look. I just remembered I had that in my favorites and linked it up.

Leave it to the on campus UA fan to give ya'll the big news, though I figured someone would post this by now:

http://www.theplainsman.com/vnews/display....3/43fcf48c13eb6

43fcf48c13eb6-35-1.jpg

I know The Plainsman isn't near the pinnacle of journalism, but I am surprised no one here seems to read it...

222705[/snapback]

I am glad to know you are furthering your AUBURN Education by reading the Plainsman. :D

Archived