Under Armor Jerseys

c-zoner

Ok, I know that one of the big controversies this winter on this forum was whether or not Under Armor was going to drasticly change the jerseys, I found out today from a reliable source that the jerseys will look the same, but instead of the numbers being pressed on, they will be sown on. This probly wont be very noticable from the stands, but I think it is a good, subtle change to signify the start of a new era with Under Armor. I just thought that everybody would like to know.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tigrinum Major

That makes them sound much more high quality, which is one thing that Russell has forgotten lately.

see the thing is that Tubs was already quoted saying that nothing would change about the jerseys - i don't understand why people can't trust the head coach of all people

They're not going to be or...ooorrra....doh...oooran

I can't say it. :P

223950[/snapback]

Nor should you :poke:

That rocks. It definitely gives a jersey a more high-end look. All of the NFL teams have sown-on numbers and it just looks better.

see the thing is that Tubs was already quoted saying that nothing would change about the jerseys - i don't understand why people can't trust the head coach of all people

223952[/snapback]

"They'll have to carry me out of here in a pine box."--Tommy Tuberville in reference to leaving Ole Miss for Auburn. :big:

223952[/snapback]

"They'll have to carry me out of here in a pine box."--Tommy Tuberville in reference to leaving Ole Miss for Auburn. :big:

223990[/snapback]

Well, I think some Ole Miss fans wanted give him a ride out of town on a pine rail once he said yes to AU. Does that count? :big:

223952[/snapback]

223990[/snapback]

They did and the pine box was filled with money and an SEC Championship. :big:

223952[/snapback]

223990[/snapback]

They did and the pine box was filled with money and an SEC Championship. :big:

224001[/snapback]

LOL :big:

when are we gonna be able to start buying auburn under armour merchandise?

223957[/snapback]

I e-mailed Under Armour and asked the same question about a week ago. I still haven't received a reply.

when are we gonna be able to start buying auburn under armour merchandise?

223957[/snapback]

I e-mailed Under Armour and asked the same question about a week ago. I still haven't received a reply.

224011[/snapback]

From what I hear inside the athletic dept., our contract with russel is up in late may, so im sure we will start seeing under armor stuff right around then.

Ok, I know that one of the big controversies this winter on this forum was whether or not Under Armor was going to drasticly change the jerseys, I found out today from a reliable source that the jerseys will look the same, but instead of the numbers being pressed on, they will be sown on.  This probly wont be very noticable from the stands, but I think it is a good, subtle change to signify the start of a new era with Under Armor.  I just thought that everybody would like to know.

223932[/snapback]

Under Armor must be on the cutting edge of garment consturction now that they have the ability to grow numbers on jerseys? :poke: Sewn not sown.

If Russell had kept a plant in Alabama I would say keep them but they moved all the plants overseas so there is no reason to stay with them now.

Under Armor must be on the cutting edge of garment consturction now that they have the ability to grow numbers on jerseys? poke1.gif Sewn not sown.

You knew what I meant

I was looking at the practice pictures from today on ITAT, and it looks like Kenny Irons has on Under Armour cleats. Can anyone confirm this? I didn't think they were even out yet.

Guest Tigrinum Major
Under Armor must be on the cutting edge of garment consturction now that they have the ability to grow numbers on jerseys?  Sewn not sown.

You knew what I meant

224040[/snapback]

Some people live to point out the mistakes of others. Don't take it too hard. If I had noticed it, I would have ragged you, too. Kind of like an initiation of sorts. You're one of us now. It's just our way of saying, "Thanks for the info."

You need to make sure that you check your grammer and spelling before you send your post, If not all the Engilsh teachers on this board will find it and let you know about it

You need to make sure that you check your grammer and spelling before you send your post, If not all the Engilsh teachers on this board will find it and let you know about it

224112[/snapback]

:big:

Guest Tigrinum Major

224112[/snapback]

You say that like it's a bad thing.

224112[/snapback]

You mean grammar?

:poke:

I wonder on our new Jerseys will it still say auburn above the number like last years?? Cant say I really like that design to me makes them look cheap.. I did like having the AU design at the bottom of the v in the collar.

and those sewn Numbers are gonna Look Really good on those New OR#$^@ Jerseys :lol::blink:

****OFFICIAL THREAD HIGHJACKING NOTICE****

Why should people bother to spell words correctly and use proper grammar? Come on, man. Be serious. Sorry. It's just a pet peeve of mine because I'm a journalism grad from the old school AU Journalism days. I can tell you this, I still work in journalism, and it is absolutely SHOCKING how so many so-called "journalists" who work for the news can not spell worth a crap. It is just plain sad.

Guest Tigrinum Major
****OFFICIAL THREAD HIGHJACKING NOTICE****

Why should people bother to spell words correctly and use proper grammar? Come on, man. Be serious. Sorry. It's just a pet peeve of mine because I'm a journalism grad from the old school AU Journalism days. I can tell you this, I still work in journalism, and it is absolutely SHOCKING how so many so-called "journalists" who work for the news can not spell worth a crap. It is just plain sad.

224143[/snapback]

I agree. I can understand the occasional misspelling and typo, but if your sentences are structured with some regard to basic grammar rules and you don't misuse a lot of words, your opinion will be taken a little more serious.

Posts need not be perfect. But I give a lot more credence to one that I don't have to decipher because the author decided that punctuation and spelling were not important.

Ok, back to jerseys...

Archived