Under Armor Jerseys

c-zoner

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
****OFFICIAL THREAD HIGHJACKING NOTICE****

Why should people bother to spell words correctly and use proper grammar? Come on, man. Be serious. Sorry. It's just a pet peeve of mine because I'm a journalism grad from the old school AU Journalism days. I can tell you this, I still work in journalism, and it is absolutely SHOCKING how so many so-called "journalists" who work for the news can not spell worth a crap. It is just plain sad.

224143[/snapback]

I agree. I can understand the occasional misspelling and typo, but if your sentences are structured with some regard to basic grammar rules and you don't misuse a lot of words, your opinion will be taken a little more serious.

Posts need not be perfect. But I give a lot more credence to one that I don't have to decipher because the author decided that punctuation and spelling were not important.

Ok, back to jerseys...

224155[/snapback]

Absolutely. The Pensacola News Journal has to be the poster child for misspelled words, improper grammar, and total misuse of the english language.

Now, The jerseys i think will look really sharp with the digits sewn on. This could really make it better than it already is, which is really hard to do. Our unis are top notch and among the most recognized in the country. This will only sharpen them just a little. I love it.

Oh Really? Already New Grammar Experts................jerseys, i heard this rumor

Guest Tigrinum Major
Oh Really? Already New Grammar Experts................jerseys, i heard this rumor

224215[/snapback]

Not worried about your seeding, are you?

224215[/snapback]

Not worried about your seeding, are you?

224216[/snapback]

hahahaha :roflol: I keed i keed

Now that is more like it!!!!! Now I feel at home :big::roflol:

i cant wate to sea our noo jursees i sher hope that thay dont change two much :big:

224165[/snapback]

I'm suprised they are going from iron on to sewn-

The trend lately had been to cut down on jersey weight, which means going from sewn on to iron on-

224249[/snapback]

J/W but would that make much of a difference? We are talking about a few feet of thread here.

Well in regards to the grammar, when nobody on here makes mistakes with spelling and all that, I will make sure that my posts are perfect. Untill then, I dont care if I have a few mistakes here and there.

Well in regards to the grammar, when nobody on here makes mistakes with spelling and all that, I will make sure that my posts are perfect.  Untill then, I dont care if I have a few mistakes here and there.

224285[/snapback]

Or until they're graded, or I'm fined per spelling error.

Well in regards to the grammar, when nobody on here makes mistakes with spelling and all that, I will make sure that my posts are perfect.  Untill then, I dont care if I have a few mistakes here and there.

224285[/snapback]

224289[/snapback]

HAHA, if they are graded, Im not posting anymore! Thats the last thing I need!

Sorry to change the whole thread but sown just looked wrong to me. The funny thing is I had to look it up in a dictionary to see the correct spelling. :)

As for The Pensacola News Journal my wife and I can find all kind of mistakes in spelling and the wrong picture with the article. They even have had Florida player’s pictures in Florida State articles. You would think they would proof read the paper before they printed it. Well it is Pensacola the "Beginning of Redneck Riviera" so 1/2 of the readers probably never see the mistakes. Oh yeah they are owned by Gannett the same people who print the USA today.

Nice article on the new Jerseys

I'm all for the high quality sports apparel...I just can't stand their commercials. Here's hoping they hire a better marketing staff. :thumbsup:

I'm all for the high quality sports apparel...I just can't stand their commercials.  Here's hoping they hire a better marketing staff.  :thumbsup:

224321[/snapback]

Well, Tommy filmed a comercial for them...Im sure he wont be in a weight room lifting 1000 pounds and screaming. haha

I'm all for the high quality sports apparel...I just can't stand their commercials.  Here's hoping they hire a better marketing staff.  :thumbsup:

224321[/snapback]

Well, Tommy filmed a comercial for them...Im sure he wont be in a weight room lifting 1000 pounds and screaming. haha

224328[/snapback]

Well my sources tell me that's exactly what the commercial is going to be. Also according to my inside sources Chris Browder plays a HUGE role in the commercial.

I agree... in school I focused on hitting people not grammar!

or spelling

224285[/snapback]

224289[/snapback]

HAHA, if they are graded, Im not posting anymore! Thats the last thing I need!

224315[/snapback]

I just wanted to keep you guys updated. Our deal with Under Armour goes into affect on June 1, 2006. I just spoke with my sales rep and she told me that the Auburn Under Armour gear should arrive around August 1, 2006.

This gives everybody plenty of time to save some money to buy some new gear to wear arond at tailgates and/or the office.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Well my sources tell me that's exactly what the commercial is going to be.  Also according to my inside sources Chris Browder plays a HUGE role in the commercial.

224382[/snapback]

Not to discount what you are saying, but I don't think this is true, for one simple reason: NCAA rules and eligibility.

A college athlete cannot appear in an ad for a product, unless I am sorely mistaken. Anyone remember the mini-stink that was raised when Leinart had a 5 second blurb on ESPN saying that Sportscenter was next?

Granted, I could be wrong, the NCAA is so vague about things at times. I just don't see it happening.

If Chris Browder is in the commercial, is that a violation of NCAA rules? I know Leinart got in trouble for crossing his eyes on ESPN last year before the Rose Bowl.

I am almost certain that an athlete can be in a commercial just so long as he is not compensated for it in any way. He or she cannot be paid for what they did, or get any product from the ad.

Guest Tigrinum Major
I am almost certain that an athlete can be in a commercial just so long as he is not compensated for it in any way.  He or she cannot be paid for what they did, or get any product from the ad.

224442[/snapback]

Leinart was not paid. He was giving an interview and said, "Sportscenter is next." I think the rules are more complex than that.

Again, I might be wrong, but don't think I am. Those commercials with Jabba The Hut Ralph Freidgen from Maryland show players with the Under Armour logo on their helmets.

Well my sources tell me that's exactly what the commercial is going to be.  Also according to my inside sources Chris Browder plays a HUGE role in the commercial.

224382[/snapback]

Not to discount what you are saying, but I don't think this is true, for one simple reason: NCAA rules and eligibility.

A college athlete cannot appear in an ad for a product, unless I am sorely mistaken. Anyone remember the mini-stink that was raised when Leinart had a 5 second blurb on ESPN saying that Sportscenter was next?

Granted, I could be wrong, the NCAA is so vague about things at times. I just don't see it happening.

224421[/snapback]

It was an inside joke, sorry to cause confusion. :big:

Guest Tigrinum Major

224457[/snapback]

Three Bama boards are already reporting this as fact and that the NCAA is considering sanctions with no investigation.

Browder has been declared ineligible.

Actually, no harm, no foul.

Sorry for the overreaction. I tell people not to take me too serious and then I jump off the deep end.

Carry on.

224457[/snapback]

Three Bama boards are already reporting this as fact and that the NCAA is considering sanctions with no investigation.

Browder has been declared ineligible.

Actually, no harm, no foul.

Sorry for the overreaction. I tell people not to take me too serious and then I jump off the deep end.

Carry on.

224492[/snapback]

I would be very proud if my joke was worthy of a bama rumor. I mean these guys are no slouches when it comes to internet rumors, The've Probably got the greatest internet rumor starting tradition of all time. :big:

Archived