I know uniforms is a sensitive topic, but

tigerfan1234

I really like the unis that Cal and West Virginia wear. I love Auburn's unis, but wouldn't mind seeing some minor changes made as long as they look classy. Maybe we could incorporate a couple of alternate unis for huge Out of Conference games and bowl games. You know the unis that have the stripes down the side of the body? Those are the ones I am refering to. What do others think? :au:

I think most of the people on this baord do not want to see any changes to our unis. I agree with you that those other teams look pretty good - well except for Oregon - in their new looks. But Auburn is old school, and I don't think there should or will be any major changes.

Why mess with perfection itself? Would you put curb feelers on a Rolls Royce? Spray paint a lilly? Then why would you modify the Auburn Tiger football uniform?

I'm talking about a little tweaking. Nothing too drastic. I thought the number shadowing during the Bowden years was cool looking, but so many people threw a hissy fit about that. It was a little orange shadow, people! Auburn people are so damn conservative. We are in the 21st century, nothing wrong with a little experimentation. How is Auburn "old-school"? We don't have multiple national championships and really are not respected nationally. Even if we are "old-school", what is wrong with a little updating? I think Auburn people make mountains out of mole hills about silly topics.

Guest Tigrinum Major

You are certainly entitles to your opinion. My personal opinion is not to mess with the uniforms.

I don't care if West Virginia or Cal looks cool. I like our unis and see no reason to change them in any way.

Welcome to the forums.

To me it’s not a matter of old school it’s a matter of consistency. The AU logo first appeared on the helmets in 1966 and the uniforms have been basically the same ever since. Bowden tweaked the uniforms some 1996-98 but besides that the only difference has been the facemasks (grey, orange, and blue.) You will have a hard time finding many college football teams that their uniforms have been basically the same for 40 years or more. I for one take pride in that.

I totally agree. Since the day I was born I have been going to AU games and they have always had the same uniforms, with the exception of the shadowing. Just like I didn't care for the scripted end zone writing, I didn't care for the shadowing and hope they don't change anything. Auburn and it's fan base are very big on traditions and the way things have been, and I hope it always stays that way. Progress is good to keep up with the times, but there's no need to do that to uniforms.

There have been little changes here and there through out the years.... not only the face masks but white shoes, black shoes, blue stockings, white stockings... orange out line around the numbers...tigher eyes logo on the pants....Names of players added and talken off...the word AUBURN in small letters above the numbers like this year... and the au logo in a circle at the v of the front collar....so the Uniforms have not always been the same as u think. But nothing better replace the classic look of the Blue Uni white pants orange stripe and the orange and white strips on the arms...and nothing better change the classic white road unis.. with the Blue Numbers....However the orange outline numbers sure did look good from the upper deck...also the field design has changed through the years too...now i am glad to see the single :au: in the middle of the field...I did not care for the white circle with the :au: in the middle.....

Just my Humble Opinion.... But Still an Auburn Man Through and through...

i dont want to see a change either, but....if the players were to say one day that they all wanted to change, then i'd be all for it. it's their team, after all. times change.

the miami coach says the high school kids love the canes new jerseys. a shirt that can recruit cant be all that bad.

i would not want a change because a corporation wants to change, tho.

I really like the unis that Cal and West Virginia wear.  I love Auburn's unis, but wouldn't mind seeing some minor changes made as long as they look classy.  Maybe we could incorporate a couple of alternate unis for huge Out of Conference games and bowl games.  You know the unis that have the stripes down the side of the body?  Those are the ones I am refering to.  What do others think? :au:

224618[/snapback]

NO!

Our uniforms will remain the same until Bobby Lowder tells us its time to change.

its a new day,my friend. UA, more than likely, as time goes on, will make uniform changes. they arent spending that kind of jack and not get something out of it that uniquely identifies their brand.

Archived