What would you trade for a football title in 2004?

Guest Tigrinum Major

Guest Tigrinum Major

Would you trade all our swimming championships for a win over USC in the Orange Bowl?

How about our NCAA basketball tourney appearances (not that there were that many)?

How about baseball success for the next decade?

Our offseason tranquility and classroom success?

Our ranking above Alabama in most academic circles (granted, it is slight and really negligible, but we are ahead nonetheless)?

Or are you happy with things the way they are?

2004 was a great season. A great time for the Auburn family. While a national championship would have been the ultimate crowning moment of a fantastic season, I think that season in some ways did more for our team and our program and our fans than winning outright did. We learned a lot of lessons that year.

I think the lessons from 2004 are going to pay huge dividends in 2006.

So....if I may do it backwards....I would trade a national title from 2004 for a national title in 2006. :)

Nothing.

Outward validation is great, but nothing will take away from what that team accomplished...one of the great characteristics of the Auburn people that I know is that they can endure the slings and arrows from others with grace. I refuse to let a lack of "official" recognition dampen my outlook.

13-0 in the SEC is 13-0 in the SEC...that's all you can do.

I wouldn't trade anything for a football NC. We have a great staff that is teaching these kids a great game, but also teaching them to be quality young men. An NC would be great, but the ultimate reward is seeing these kids be successful after football, no matter when that happens. We can take pride in all things Auburn whether we win the NC or not.

We have terrific coaches in all sports and the future is bright. A football NC will come. We just keep doing things the right way, and it will happen. Right now, we are going for our 10th NC in swimming and diving since 1997. Besides we don't need some trophy to prove how great we were in 2004, or any other year. We know in 1983 we had the best team in the country while playing the toughest schedule in the country. We are proud to this day of that 11-1 team. An NC will happen. I'm extremely confident of that.

I would happily trade my ex-wife for a NCAA championship in 2004.

226912[/snapback]

Same here! :D

226941[/snapback]

i would also give up someones ex wife also :big:

I would trade one of eleven sacks....no..wait...on second thought...nevermind. :big:

Archived