? about TUF donation priority

damabama

i posted this over at the ITAT "chat room" and got no help. guess when i need to know something about american idol i'll go back.

say you donate to tuf 1, whatever the lower level contribution is called, as i do. for that donation, you get to buy 2 season books. whoever writes the check, the donation is in your name. obviously, 1 person isnt using both seats, unless you happen to be in violation of the "18 inch butt rule" and just want the extra space. your wife/sister/brother, whoever, is paying for the other seat, as is my case, for X# of yrs. what would be wrong with adding the 2d person's name to the account, just in case, god forbid, the primary name on the "account" should get sick, die, or otherwise have to stop going to the games. it has been a 2 person thing all along, should the 2d half be penalized for something happening to the 1st half for something he/she has absolutely no control over and surely didnt do on purpose. the 2d half has been making an honest contribution, as much as the "primary" doner, the named person on the account. i'm not talking about "willing to" or "passing down" built up priority. i'm talking about the 2d person involved in the donations/ticket orders being able to continue to benifit (right word?) from the money he/she has also donated through the years, simply by being added to the account as the secondary donor.

now, i can see how this arrangement could also be abused. people that want to cheat the system will always find a way. the situation i'm talking about is an honest, straight up, 2 person deal. no cheating. can the account be in 2 names?

primary and secondary?

we both love the aubun tigers equally and have been donating our money equally the full life of the account. i would hate for her to lose her seat only because i very unintentially kicked the bucket.

any help on this?

As far as I know, you can't do anything about it. I think the rule stinks. I know friends that get tickets from a Great-Aunt that is still alive but is like...1000 yrs old or something and can't make the games. All the fees, donations, etc are paid by my friends (a father and his 2 sons) so she gets the ticlets every year. BUt, when she dies, theyare gone. You can't will them to an estate or anything like that.

I have another friend that is looking into getting then tickets in the name of his Trust. I will let you know what I find out.

i don't keep any of my paperwork once i pay my donation, so i don't know for sure.

i know at Kentucky (i worked there for a while) you had a ONE TIME TRANSFER to a spouse or a child ONLY. in the case of the primary ticket holder dying (YOU) before the transfer had taken place, the executor (sp?) of the estate (WHATEVER THAT IS) had the power to execute the transfer.

it is to my best knowlege most SEC schools use a policy similar to this. so, if it is your kid or spouse sitting with you, you're most likely fine. if it is your buddy......well......it is in his best interest if you divorce your wife and abstain from having children. :D with no spouse/child, exceptions to the transfer policy may be approved by the 'ticket committee'. again, this is all policy at good old, U of K!!!!

good luck!

Archived