indiana basketball = alabama football

auwallace

Yet you beat fewer teams with a winning record than did bama...oh well...no need to go down this road again.

Swore I'd never get into a debate like this again, but I just can't help myself when something is stated COMPLETELY WRONG!!!!

Auburn beat three SEC teams out of the conference with winning records. UAT beat TWO...

Auburn

WKU 6-5

Georgia 10-3

S. Carolina 7-5

Alabama 10-2

UAT

S. Carolina 7-5

Florida 9-3

MTSU 4-7

S. Miss 7-5

Utah State 3-8

Texas Tech 9-3

Auburn - 4 wins vs teams with a winning record

UAT - 4 teams with a winning record.

Then there's that head to head situation...

Dang, math must not be taught at UAT....

This comment is quite laughable considering we've had 4...count em 4 10 win seasons in the last 10 years.

WONG AGAIN!!!

UAT's records the last 10 years....

1996 9-3

1997 4-7

1998 7-5

1999 10-3

2000 3-8

2001 7-5

2002 10-3

2003 4-9

2004 6-6

2005 10-2

Unless I'm not able to read, it looks like there are THREE count 'em THREE 10 win seasons in the last 10 years, NOT FOUR.

Love how UAT has followed up the year after those 10 win seasons too...with LOSING SEASONS... here's to UAT maintaining that tradition in 2006 :lol:

One word that will really help you....RESEARCH before you speak.

228071[/snapback]

Is that 6 years with 5 or more losses for the smaller school up the road ... count them 6.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yet you beat fewer teams with a winning record than did bama...oh well...no need to go down this road again.

Swore I'd never get into a debate like this again, but I just can't help myself when something is stated COMPLETELY WRONG!!!!

Auburn beat three SEC teams out of the conference with winning records. UAT beat TWO...

Auburn

WKU 6-5

Georgia 10-3

S. Carolina 7-5

Alabama 10-2

UAT

S. Carolina 7-5

Florida 9-3

MTSU 4-7

S. Miss 7-5

Utah State 3-8

Texas Tech 9-3

This comment is quite laughable considering we've had 4...count em 4 10 win seasons in the last 10 years.

WONG AGAIN!!!

1996 9-3

1997 4-7

1998 7-5

1999 10-3

2000 3-8

2001 7-5

2002 10-3

2003 4-9

2004 6-6

2005 10-2

Unless I'm not able to read, it looks like there are THREE count 'em THREE 10 win seasons in the last 10 years, NOT FOUR.

Love how UAT has followed up the year after those 10 win seasons too...with LOSING SEASONS... here's to UAT maintaining that tradition in 2006 :lol:

228071[/snapback]

Is that 6 years with 5 or more losses for the smaller school up the road ... count them 6.

228414[/snapback]

YES it is, and THREE losing seasons...Don't you know thats their Tradition.

Auburn

WKU 6-5

Georgia 10-3

S. Carolina 7-5

Alabama 10-2

UAT

S. Carolina 7-5

Florida 9-3

MTSU 4-7

S. Miss 7-5

Utah State 3-8

Texas Tech 9-3

WONG AGAIN!!!

1996 9-3

1997 4-7

1998 7-5

1999 10-3

2000 3-8

2001 7-5

2002 10-3

2003 4-9

2004 6-6

2005 10-2

228071[/snapback]

228414[/snapback]

YES it is, and THREE losing seasons...Don't you know thats their Tradition.

228415[/snapback]

Fifty-one losses I say that's fifty-one losses during the last ten years ... count them fifty-one ... no wonder the fans of the smaller school up the road have been so excited about only having two count losses last year even with the total annihilation we put on them being one of those losses. When your once idolized team has been averaging over five losses per year [51/10] and then have a year with two losses ... well, friends ... this is big stuff in UAT country these days ... I say again ... this is big in UAT country. Forget the last game of the regular season and the dimantling by the AU Tigers ... forget the eleven sacks ... count them ... eleven sacks ... for a change there were only two losses. Roll t ... roll t... I can't say it without getting sick at my stomach.

WAR EAGLE!!!

That's an interesting stat DKW. Take out Marshall (they don't compare with the other teams) and we are 9th since Bear died. That's pretty good company!!!

http://football.stassen.com/cgi-bin/record...e=on&by=Win+Pct
Win percentage and rank since Bear (1983-2005)

10  Auburn 0.71196 

23  Alabama 0.64821 

228467[/snapback]

Interesting list ... not only are they 23rd in the country but the UATers are in 5th place in the SEC ... does this sound like middle of the pack ... 2nd tier?

But but but Bama is back, SI said so. They even had Brodie on the cover, all these facts are upsetting me, I need to go find the '79 Sugar Bowl video and tell myself the Tide is back.

Interesting list ... not only are they 23rd in the country but the UATers are in 5th place in the SEC ... does this sound like middle of the pack ... 2nd tier?

228509[/snapback]

Sounds more like :ua: = :om:

10  Auburn 0.71196 

23  Alabama 0.64821 

228467[/snapback]

The 9 wins that were taken away from us thanks to Langham signing a napkin (but won on the field) would put us at 14th with a .681 winning percentage.

10  Auburn 0.71196 

23  Alabama 0.64821 

228467[/snapback]

The 9 wins that were taken away from us thanks to Langham signing a napkin (but won on the field) would put us at 14th with a .681 winning percentage.

228913[/snapback]

And you would still be behind Auburn and the rest of the SEC teams that matter.

why start at 1983, spin it baby  :homer:

228946[/snapback]

I didnt...David did.

228951[/snapback]

Because the point of this has always been that Bama fans don't recognize that since Bear (and before him) they are just another middle of the pack team. They are sitting right where Ole Miss was about 20 years ago. And they are headed in the same direction. With each passing year the "nashuneal champeenship tradeeshun" becomes more and more irrelevant. Just a dusty relic sitting by grandpa's chair. In case you forgot or are too young to remember, Ole Miss once had some glory days too. They were once better than Bama. In the immortal words of Tony Montana..."look at you now". Will bama become Ole Miss? I pretty much think so. They'll continue to have the odd good seasons here and there. When they do, the aging journalists who remember back when Bear was alive will start tooting the "Bama's Back" horn. We'll all laugh and then things will return to the mediocre muddling futility that is Bama football.

It doesn't register in the minds of their fans that they were and are sliding further and further behind Auburn in every quantifiable (football and non-football) category imaginable. They still think of themselves as superior in some way when the entire crux of that supposition has been dead longer than most of them have been adults. They can't comprehend the fact that they will never (and I do mean never) return to that lofty perch they once held. Oh, Bama will occasionally have good runs. They'll win a game or two here and there. One day they'll beat Auburn again. It's inevitable. But they won't ever enjoy the period of dominance they once did. Those days are over and they won't be returning. They're not sure how they're supposed to act being relegated to second fiddle as they have been for most of our lifetimes.

Bear's been dead going on 25 years. He is all they have. He is their legacy. Do you wonder why they won't let him rest in peace?

how many nashenull champeenships has AU won over the past 25 years? :homer:

Has there EVER been a 20-year period in the entire HISTORY of API football that has been better overall than the 20 years prior to today?

I believe that the honest answer would be no -

The only POSSIBLE exception might be the 20 years ending with the 2004 season (which is not much different). Still, I think even the most jaded booger would agree that the prior 20 years were just about as good as its EVER been for aub football.

In addition, at the same time, is there ANY aub fan, Alabama fan (or ANYONE else) who seriously questions whether there has EVER been a 20-year period in the entire HISTORY of Alabama football that has been worse overall than the 20 years prior to today?

Maybe someone could argue that the 20 years preceding the hiring of Coach Bryant were worse - I suppose that argument could be made, based only on the on-the-field results. Still, taken as a whole, I still say these past 20 years were the very worst overall!

So can we all agree that when we talk about the past 20 years, we are talking about the VERY BEST period for Auburn football EVER?

Moreover, we are talking about the VERY WORST period for Alabama football EVER.

Can we all agree that this is basically correct?

True enough, our bovineaphile friend is absolutely correct that aub has won more of our head-to-head games in the past 20 years. Therefore, IF you measure "success" solely, or primarily, on how you fare against "Big Brother", then it is True - API has been more "Successful" over the past 20 seasons than Alabama.

In addition, to be fair - ALL the things he says are "technically" correct - over the past 20 years, during this "Golden Era" of auburn football, the barners have accomplished what he says - "12-8 against UA, more undefeated seasons, more SEC champs, higher winning %".

Sounds impressive, doesn't it?

Nevertheless, if you look just a bit closer, the "Big Picture" is not nearly as rosy as the boogs suggest.

Head to Head Record? - Nope, I will not try to candy coat this!

The barn has been more successful. It is a fact I detest, but it is still a fact, REGARDLESS of how any of us feel about it!

More "undefeated seasons"? - Yep, Poor old Alabama - we have only had ONE undefeated season in 20 years! While API has done it over and over again - a grand total of. . . .,

uh. . .

Twice!!!

Ooooohhhhh!!!!!!

Uh, but when we look a bit closer, API has only had ONE undefeated season in the past 20 years when NOT on probation.....

So, I'd say the "Undefeated Seasons" issue is really not any great advantage to aub at all!

More SEC Champs? - Yep, once again "technically" true!!

In the past 20 "Golden Era" seasons, the barn has won or shared the SEC title FOUR times, while Poor, downtrodden Alabama has only won or shared the SEC title THREE times.

Of course, when you look just a bit closer, you see that THREE of the boogs' four SEC titles came 19, 18 and 17 years ago. . . .

Now, I am not DENYING that they happened! Far from it!

However, I think it is telling that all but ONE came at the farthest edge of the 20-year envelope . . .

& I think we all know what the stats look like if I include just a few more years in the picture. Heck, the comparison becomes laughably one-sided in Alabama's favor if we include even half of UA's run of the 1960's and 70's. . . . .

But of course, that would just be an example of "living in the past", right?

No, the barner-guy's point is "Technically" correct - though it is practically meaningless.

Not much to brag about when you look at it realistically, huh?

Here's some other interesting facts - the SEC has had East & West Divisions since 1992. Despite Alabama having gone through hell for most of the years since then, we still have won the west FIVE times. Aub's Golden Era has netted them Three SEC-West Titles. . . .

Alabama has played in the SECC Five times and won twice; aub has played in the game three times and won it once - in 2004.

So in terms of conference championships and divisional championships - aub's "Golden Era of football" really doesn't exceed, or even match, Alabama's accomplishments - even at the very dregs of our Worst EVER 20 year period of football.

Imagine that . . . ?

Higher winning % ? - Yep, once again he is "Technically" correct, but in substance its a completely hollow claim. In the past 20 seasons, the barn (by my count) is 166-68-5 overall, which I figure as a winning % of 0.6946.

Alabama, over the same 20 seasons is "officially" 159-86-0, for an "official" winning % of 0.6490. (again, if I counted correctly. I am using only "Officially" recognized wins)

So that means over the past 20 years, this acknowledged "Golden Era" of aub football, and the very worst era of Alabama football - aub has won a GRAND TOTAL of only Seven more games than Alabama and has amassed a winning percentage that is less than 0.05 better than the Alabama teams of the Very Worst 20 year period in our history. . . . .

Wow. . .

But it gets even better, boogs!

During the past 20 seasons, both The University and API have played a SHAMEFUL number of Div-1A creampuffs - neither of us has ANTHING To be proud of in that catagory! -

but get this!

in the past 20 seasons Alabama has played FOUR opponents who were in a lower division at the time. . . .

Aub's stunning 0.05% winning percentage advantage includes victories over A FULL DOZEN (yes, you heard right, neighbor!) TWELVE Div-1AA opponents in the past 20 years!

On top of the DOZEN lower division opponents Lowder-tech played, the barn also played at least two other programs that, while they were still "technically" Div-1A teams at the time, were nonetheless so pitiful that they abandoned football alltogether within a few years thereafter. (Those would be Pacific and Cal-St.-Fullerton).

But "Dead-program-walking" wins aside, if we factor out Alabama's and aub's wins against lower division opponents, the results are a bit different. . . .

Alabama has won more games, but, thanks in part to not being wussies and playing for ties, we've also lost more games.

By my count, the results vs. Div-1A opponents for the past 20 years are:

Alabama 155-86-0 and 0.6432% winning percentage,

& A.P.I. 154-68-5 and 0.6490 -

Mind you, these are the "Official" NCAA results, so unless I miscounted, we still OFFICIALLY won one more Div-1A game than aub during the Very WORST 20 year period in our history!

and the barn's better "winning percentage" is only better by LESS THAN 0.006%

Again, all I can say is - Wow. . . .

Oh, and in case anyone was wondering - the numbers are about the same for SEC games -

U of A 94-62-0 for a winning % of 0.6026 -

barn - 98-53-4 for a winning % of 0.6323 -

A whopping margin of 4 wins and 0.03 % ?

OOOOhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

But now that we've established that the barn has chronic appetite for fattening up their W/L record with lower division patsies, lets see what other "Jewels" the records reveal:

How about 10 or more wins in a season?

Alabama has accomplished this (Officially) 8 times in the past 20 years.

The barn?

6 times (if we count 1993).

How about 11 or more wins in a season?

Alabama has done it 3 times,

the barn twice (again, if we count 1993)

And 12 or more wins in a season?

API did it in 2004, of course. I think they held a parade, didn't they?

The University did it in 1992 and 1994.

And that, of course, leads us to the "800 lb. gorrilla" that the barn doesn't like to talk about -

1992. . . .

But laying aside our most recent Concensus National Title for just a moment - lets see how have the two programs fared in bowl games in general:

Well, the "Golden Era of barner football" has seen the boogers appear in 14 bowl games, winning 8.

Yet during the very most dismal and bleak 20 year period in the history of Alabama football, we have gone to 15 bowls and won 9.

wore eagle, huh?

How have the two programs fared in the final AP Polls each year?

Well, we all know how many times Alabama has managed to end the year ranked #1 in the polls and how many times aub has managed to do the same.

(uh, that is - in the "Real" polls, not the rigged ones invented and manipulated by local high school brats. . . . . )

But how about AP Top-20 Finishes?

Alabama has 11

the barn has 12 - advantage barners!

How about AP Top-10 finishes?

Alabama has 7

the barn has 7 (Hmmm... some "Golden Era", huh?)

& How about AP Top-5 finishes in the past 20 seasons?

the barn has 2

Alabama, during the WORST 20 year period in our football history - has 3.

Imagine that ! ? ! ?

So what does it all mean?

I think it means that when aub's football is at its Very, Very best, and The University's football is at its Very Worst, the booger-eaters can win more games against us than we can win against them.

But they still can't win many (or any) more games against Div-1A opposition,

They don't go to bowls more often, or win bowls more often,

They can't win many (or any) more Conference or Divisional Titles,

They can't win more (or any) legitimate National Titles,

and they can't finish any better in the eyes of the nation (i.e. the legitimate polls). . . .

Can you say, "Red-Headed Step-Children"?

All right guys, I'm outta here! See you in the funny papers!!!

Roll Tide! !

Tom.

And NOW this will be moved to the woodshed. As long as the posts were slamming bama it got to stay here. :) Pretty darn insightful though

Guest Tigrinum Major
And NOW this will be moved to the woodshed. As long as the posts were slamming bama it got to stay here. :) Pretty darn insightful though

229178[/snapback]

Good to see you know the routine.

Back to point of the post. Yes, uat "football" is ole miss football except they have very pretty girls in Oxford and they are not on probation for CHEATING. :D

10  Auburn 0.71196 

23  Alabama 0.64821 

228467[/snapback]

228913[/snapback]

That's a nice bammie spin there, bg. The wins were "not taken away from you." The "wins" NEVER COUNTED because Langham was played in games by a coach that knew he was an ineligible player. It's called an intentional violation of the rules, and there is a prescribed penalty for that just as surely as your offense will get 15 yards if (let's just say when) your uat OL holds the DL. It's unethical for anyone that knows the facts to continue to call the games in which Langham played that year as "wins." Or, instead of unethical ... maybe we should just label it DELUSIONAL!

Back to point of the post. Yes, uat "football" is ole miss football except they have very pretty girls in Oxford and they are not on probation for CHEATING. :D

229247[/snapback]

NOT YET... :rolleyes:

Back to point of the post. Yes, uat "football" is ole miss football except they have very pretty girls in Oxford and they are not on probation for CHEATING.

229253[/snapback]

speaking of cheating, has AU been the most penalized out of all he :sec: teams?

how many nashenull champeenships has AU won over the past 25 years?  :homer:
Has there EVER been a 20-year period in the entire HISTORY of API football that has been better overall than the 20 years prior to today?

I believe that the honest answer would be no -

The only POSSIBLE exception might be the 20 years ending with the 2004 season (which is not much different). Still, I think even the most jaded booger would agree that the prior 20 years were just about as good as its EVER been for aub football.

In addition, at the same time, is there ANY aub fan, Alabama fan (or ANYONE else) who seriously questions whether there has EVER been a 20-year period in the entire HISTORY of Alabama football that has been worse overall than the 20 years prior to today?

Maybe someone could argue that the 20 years preceding the hiring of Coach Bryant were worse - I suppose that argument could be made, based only on the on-the-field results. Still, taken as a whole, I still say these past 20 years were the very worst overall!

So can we all agree that when we talk about the past 20 years, we are talking about the VERY BEST period for Auburn football EVER?

Moreover, we are talking about the VERY WORST period for Alabama football EVER.

Can we all agree that this is basically correct?

True enough, our bovineaphile friend is absolutely correct that aub has won more of our head-to-head games in the past 20 years. Therefore, IF you measure "success" solely, or primarily, on how you fare against "Big Brother", then it is True - API has been more "Successful" over the past 20 seasons than Alabama.

In addition, to be fair - ALL the things he says are "technically" correct - over the past 20 years, during this "Golden Era" of auburn football, the barners have accomplished what he says - "12-8 against UA, more undefeated seasons, more SEC champs, higher winning %".

Sounds impressive, doesn't it?

Nevertheless, if you look just a bit closer, the "Big Picture" is not nearly as rosy as the boogs suggest.

Head to Head Record? - Nope, I will not try to candy coat this!

The barn has been more successful. It is a fact I detest, but it is still a fact, REGARDLESS of how any of us feel about it!

More "undefeated seasons"? - Yep, Poor old Alabama - we have only had ONE undefeated season in 20 years! While API has done it over and over again - a grand total of. . . .,

uh. . .

Twice!!!

Ooooohhhhh!!!!!!

Uh, but when we look a bit closer, API has only had ONE undefeated season in the past 20 years when NOT on probation.....

So, I'd say the "Undefeated Seasons" issue is really not any great advantage to aub at all!

More SEC Champs? - Yep, once again "technically" true!!

In the past 20 "Golden Era" seasons, the barn has won or shared the SEC title FOUR times, while Poor, downtrodden Alabama has only won or shared the SEC title THREE times.

Of course, when you look just a bit closer, you see that THREE of the boogs' four SEC titles came 19, 18 and 17 years ago. . . .

Now, I am not DENYING that they happened! Far from it!

However, I think it is telling that all but ONE came at the farthest edge of the 20-year envelope . . .

& I think we all know what the stats look like if I include just a few more years in the picture. Heck, the comparison becomes laughably one-sided in Alabama's favor if we include even half of UA's run of the 1960's and 70's. . . . .

But of course, that would just be an example of "living in the past", right?

No, the barner-guy's point is "Technically" correct - though it is practically meaningless.

Not much to brag about when you look at it realistically, huh?

Here's some other interesting facts - the SEC has had East & West Divisions since 1992. Despite Alabama having gone through hell for most of the years since then, we still have won the west FIVE times. Aub's Golden Era has netted them Three SEC-West Titles. . . .

Alabama has played in the SECC Five times and won twice; aub has played in the game three times and won it once - in 2004.

So in terms of conference championships and divisional championships - aub's "Golden Era of football" really doesn't exceed, or even match, Alabama's accomplishments - even at the very dregs of our Worst EVER 20 year period of football.

Imagine that . . . ?

Higher winning % ? - Yep, once again he is "Technically" correct, but in substance its a completely hollow claim. In the past 20 seasons, the barn (by my count) is 166-68-5 overall, which I figure as a winning % of 0.6946.

Alabama, over the same 20 seasons is "officially" 159-86-0, for an "official" winning % of 0.6490. (again, if I counted correctly. I am using only "Officially" recognized wins)

So that means over the past 20 years, this acknowledged "Golden Era" of aub football, and the very worst era of Alabama football - aub has won a GRAND TOTAL of only Seven more games than Alabama and has amassed a winning percentage that is less than 0.05 better than the Alabama teams of the Very Worst 20 year period in our history. . . . .

Wow. . .

But it gets even better, boogs!

During the past 20 seasons, both The University and API have played a SHAMEFUL number of Div-1A creampuffs - neither of us has ANTHING To be proud of in that catagory! -

but get this!

in the past 20 seasons Alabama has played FOUR opponents who were in a lower division at the time. . . .

Aub's stunning 0.05% winning percentage advantage includes victories over A FULL DOZEN (yes, you heard right, neighbor!) TWELVE Div-1AA opponents in the past 20 years!

On top of the DOZEN lower division opponents Lowder-tech played, the barn also played at least two other programs that, while they were still "technically" Div-1A teams at the time, were nonetheless so pitiful that they abandoned football alltogether within a few years thereafter. (Those would be Pacific and Cal-St.-Fullerton).

But "Dead-program-walking" wins aside, if we factor out Alabama's and aub's wins against lower division opponents, the results are a bit different. . . .

Alabama has won more games, but, thanks in part to not being wussies and playing for ties, we've also lost more games.

By my count, the results vs. Div-1A opponents for the past 20 years are:

Alabama 155-86-0 and 0.6432% winning percentage,

& A.P.I. 154-68-5 and 0.6490 -

Mind you, these are the "Official" NCAA results, so unless I miscounted, we still OFFICIALLY won one more Div-1A game than aub during the Very WORST 20 year period in our history!

and the barn's better "winning percentage" is only better by LESS THAN 0.006%

Again, all I can say is - Wow. . . .

Oh, and in case anyone was wondering - the numbers are about the same for SEC games -

U of A 94-62-0 for a winning % of 0.6026 -

barn - 98-53-4 for a winning % of 0.6323 -

A whopping margin of 4 wins and 0.03 % ?

OOOOhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

But now that we've established that the barn has chronic appetite for fattening up their W/L record with lower division patsies, lets see what other "Jewels" the records reveal:

How about 10 or more wins in a season?

Alabama has accomplished this (Officially) 8 times in the past 20 years.

The barn?

6 times (if we count 1993).

How about 11 or more wins in a season?

Alabama has done it 3 times,

the barn twice (again, if we count 1993)

And 12 or more wins in a season?

API did it in 2004, of course. I think they held a parade, didn't they?

The University did it in 1992 and 1994.

And that, of course, leads us to the "800 lb. gorrilla" that the barn doesn't like to talk about -

1992. . . .

But laying aside our most recent Concensus National Title for just a moment - lets see how have the two programs fared in bowl games in general:

Well, the "Golden Era of barner football" has seen the boogers appear in 14 bowl games, winning 8.

Yet during the very most dismal and bleak 20 year period in the history of Alabama football, we have gone to 15 bowls and won 9.

wore eagle, huh?

How have the two programs fared in the final AP Polls each year?

Well, we all know how many times Alabama has managed to end the year ranked #1 in the polls and how many times aub has managed to do the same.

(uh, that is - in the "Real" polls, not the rigged ones invented and manipulated by local high school brats. . . . . )

But how about AP Top-20 Finishes?

Alabama has 11

the barn has 12 - advantage barners!

How about AP Top-10 finishes?

Alabama has 7

the barn has 7 (Hmmm... some "Golden Era", huh?)

& How about AP Top-5 finishes in the past 20 seasons?

the barn has 2

Alabama, during the WORST 20 year period in our football history - has 3.

Imagine that ! ? ! ?

So what does it all mean?

I think it means that when aub's football is at its Very, Very best, and The University's football is at its Very Worst, the booger-eaters can win more games against us than we can win against them.

But they still can't win many (or any) more games against Div-1A opposition,

They don't go to bowls more often, or win bowls more often,

They can't win many (or any) more Conference or Divisional Titles,

They can't win more (or any) legitimate National Titles,

and they can't finish any better in the eyes of the nation (i.e. the legitimate polls). . . .

Can you say, "Red-Headed Step-Children"?

All right guys, I'm outta here! See you in the funny papers!!!

Roll Tide! !

Tom.

229046[/snapback]

So let me get this straight, Bama sucks over the last 20 years but it is alright because they have Bear's Tradition?

Bama has a great tradition. Auburn also has a pretty fair tradition itself. This is not a mutually exclusive concept here guys.

Fact: AU has beaten Alabama something like 24/25 years in academic ratings in USN&WR.

:au: was in the lead in the series before Bear. We are in the lead since Bear. :ua: has 16? Coaches that have played :au: Of the 16, only 3 have better than .500 record with :au: One coach has a 1-0 record against us, ie he only coached one year. Bear and Stallings are the only Bama Coaches to be above .500 with :au: after playing 2 or more years.

Sounds like a pretty good :au: tradition to me. ;)

We could talk about a lot of things.

ALabama is like 4th overall in total win % when it comes to Div 1a football, of course anything Bama fans talk about that includes the Bear is "living in the past" or just plain stuck on our "tradeeshun" , so AU fans try to spin everything into some sort of Post-Bear deal, that post is about if we just ignore everything that happend before 20 years ago and compare the programs, neither team is exactly superior to the other, it's more of a resonse to the UAT sucks, AU owns bama , Bama = Ole miss

Archived