Hope...er, delusion..springs eternal

quietfan

Of course you wouldnt you are an AU fan. There's only about 2 people here who last year said they would have Tyrone Prothro on their team.

228936[/snapback]

Reading back, I think this should be addressed.

Tyrone Prothro is a nice kid and a decent receiver. His entire rep was built on one fortuitous catch in one game.

Had Prothro suited up in orange and blue a season ago, you might never have heard of him. He would not have cracked the offensive lineup with Devin, Ben, Courtney, Anthony and Prechae ahead of him. His only contribution might have been on special teams where he would have been able to move ahead of Tre on punt returns.

229594[/snapback]

Sorry...gotta stick up for my home boy (who grew up an AU fan)...he WOULD'VE been a great punt returner AND receiver for AU last year...and probably not gotten hurt. Too bad we'll never know. We definitely made a mistake in not recruiting the burner from Heflin. B)

:au::homer:

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As usual, BG only gives part of the picture. Sure those two scrubs had more yards, however, they also both had more receptions. I would certainly hope they had more yards since they caught the ball more...DUH.... Now, on the flip side, they both had more catches, yet they are EQUAL in TD's to our top receivers with LESS catches. Wonder why that is? I'll tell you why. UAT's offense was TERRIBLE. Our recievers (as a group) found the Endzone 19 times, UAT's little group found the endzone 16 times.

UAT's receiver production:

Games Catches Yards AVG. TD's LONG Avg. Game

12 209 2597 12.4 16 87 216.4

Auburns Receiver production:

Games Catches Yards AVG. TD's LONG AVg. Game

12 195 2589 13.3 19 62 215.8

So, your receivers managed a whopping 8 yards more with 14 more catches and FEWER TD's...

Im sorry...i would have posted last night but i just now stopped laughing. Your WRs averaged LESS THAN A YARD longer per catch (7%). Less yards overall per game...and over the course of 12 games they got 3 whole TDs more than us...but our offense was "TERRIBLE"? HAHAHAHAHAHA thanks for that. (all of this with our best WR out for the last 7 games...our next best missing 2 games...and our 3rd best missing 1)

As usual, BG only gives part of the picture. Sure those two scrubs had more yards, however, they also both had more receptions. I would certainly hope they had more yards since they caught the ball more...DUH.... Now, on the flip side, they both had more catches, yet they are EQUAL in TD's to our top receivers with LESS catches. Wonder why that is? I'll tell you why. UAT's offense was TERRIBLE. Our recievers (as a group) found the Endzone 19 times, UAT's little group found the endzone 16 times.

UAT's receiver production:

Games Catches Yards AVG. TD's LONG Avg. Game

12 209 2597 12.4 16 87 216.4

Auburns Receiver production:

Games Catches Yards AVG. TD's LONG AVg. Game

12 195 2589 13.3 19 62 215.8

So, your receivers managed a whopping 8 yards more with 14 more catches and FEWER TD's...

Im sorry...i would have posted last night but i just now stopped laughing. Your WRs averaged LESS THAN A YARD longer per catch (7%). Less yards overall per game...and over the course of 12 games they got 3 whole TDs more than us...but our offense was "TERRIBLE"? HAHAHAHAHAHA thanks for that. (all of this with our best WR out for the last 7 games...our next best missing 2 games...and our 3rd best missing 1)

229817[/snapback]

and you still finished THIRD in the SEC West...

Translated...MIDDLE OF THE PACK!!! You should be used to it by now..

And with that and .59, I think you should celebrate with a supersize lunch tomorrow.

229833[/snapback]

As could you with AU's 2nd place sec west finish.

Guest Tigrinum Major
And with that and .59, I think you should celebrate with a supersize lunch tomorrow.

229833[/snapback]

229835[/snapback]

Try again. It was a division co-championship, in which we lost the tiebreaker.

Besides, I prefer celebrating four.

229833[/snapback]

229835[/snapback]

Besides, I prefer celebrating four.

229837[/snapback]

which is ABOVE where UAT finished.

Typical.

229845[/snapback]

Typical? Have you even been reading half of the nonsense you've been throwing out there?

229833[/snapback]

229835[/snapback]

Actually, we'll have a Number Five, and I believe we will super-size it - thank you!! (And since it will be in t-town, it will defintely be "to go"!)

Typical.

229845[/snapback]

Thank you. I'm glad you finally recognize that it's typical for us to be at least tied for West Division championship. Has BG finally accepted the truth?? stay tuned for more on this breaking story.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Typical.

229845[/snapback]

Facts are facts.

Tell me what this link states, officially, from the SEC offices: 2005 SEC Football Standings

Now, go take your #8 ranking, your 10 wins, and your 12 national championships and go tell someone who hasn't beaten you four times straight. Maybe they will believe you when you say that Bama has the best running backs in the SEC, that JPW will be the next Joe Cool, excuse me, McFarlene Joe, I mean, Lizard, Jay Barfer or whoever the last great Alabama QB was, and that Bama is "back".

229833[/snapback]

229835[/snapback]

Actually, we'll have a Number Five, and I believe we will super-size it - thank you!! (And since it will be in t-town, it will defintely be "to go"!)

229851[/snapback]

:big::big::big::big::big:

I would agree with that.

Sadly, I never got to see either in person.

229746[/snapback]

I got to see both...I'd have taken either one. :D

Facts are facts.

Tell me what this link states, officially, from the SEC offices: 2005 SEC Football Standings

Now, go take your #8 ranking, your 10 wins, and your 12 national championships and go tell someone who hasn't beaten you four times straight. Maybe they will believe you when you say that Bama has the best running backs in the SEC, that JPW will be the next Joe Cool, excuse me, McFarlene Joe, I mean, Lizard, Jay Barfer or whoever the last great Alabama QB was, and that Bama is "back".

AU fans are the only ones in the SEC who claim "co divisional championships"...

Facts are facts.

230042[/snapback]

I, for one, never claim them, until some arrogant, pompous know-it-all rival fan tries to slam Auburn. Then, I'd be happy to point to the trophies awarded to Auburn from the SEC offices for the co-championship. Otherwise, I couldn't care less. If you're not in Atlanta, what's the point?

So, you might want to re-phrase that. "AU fans are the only people I Pi$$ off enough to regurgitate these co-champions."

Facts are facts.

230042[/snapback]

Otherwise, I couldn't care less. If you're not in Atlanta, what's the point?

230059[/snapback]

Now Now. Be nice. BG doesn't remember what it is like to be in Atlanta.

Facts are facts.

230042[/snapback]

...and Bamar's don't claim BOGUS MNC's, I suppose! :moon:

So, you might want to re-phrase that. "AU fans are the only people I Pi$$ off enough to regurgitate these co-champions."

Man...if my going back and forth with folks here pisses you off...you take things waaaaaay too seriously.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Ole Miss hung a banner that proclaimed themselves West Division champs in their stadium.

Let me point this out to you: We have to compete year in and year out with LSU for the West, which results in tight races. The only time Alabama wins the West is when both of those programs are down and/or on probation.

I tell you what, BG, change the "12" claim to include 1966 and not 1941 and I will have a lot more respect for your alma mater. Well, not a lot, but maybe a little.

Ole Miss hung a banner that proclaimed themselves West Division champs in their stadium. 

Let me point this out to you:  We have to compete year in and year out with LSU for the West, which results in tight races.  The only time Alabama wins the West is when both of those programs are down and/or on probation.

I tell you what, BG, change the "12" claim to include 1966 and not 1941 and I will have a lot more respect for your alma mater.  Well, not a lot, but maybe a little.

230087[/snapback]

:lol::lol::lol::poke:

Archived