Hope...er, delusion..springs eternal

quietfan

10 MORE TOUCHDOWNS

See Castille's 7 touchdowns. We rode Darby to the goal line and put Tim in like we did in all our short yardage situations.

228948[/snapback]

and add Darby's little THREE TD season, and you still have LESS than IRONS got by himself. Now, lets take a look at the team numbers shall we.

Games ATT. Yards YPC TD AVG.

1. Arkansas............ 11 481 2386 5.0 19 216.9

2. Auburn.............. 12 481 2329 4.8 28 194.1

3. Georgia............. 13 455 2108 4.6 16 162.2

4. LSU................. 13 510 1959 3.8 21 150.7

5. Florida............. 12 455 1761 3.9 19 146.8

6. Alabama.........12 463 1710 3.7 12 142.5

7. Mississippi State... 11 385 1514 3.9 9 137.6

8. Kentucky............ 11 391 1415 3.6 21 128.6

9. Tennessee........... 11 399 1411 3.5 10 128.3

10.Vanderbilt.......... 11 361 1266 3.5 16 115.1

11.South Carolina...... 12 365 1142 3.1 13 95.2

12.Ole Miss............ 11 332 806 2.4 6 73.3

28 RUSHING TD'S. for AUBURN VS. A WHOPPING 12 for UAT....with both backfields pretty much returning, is there really anybody that can OBJECTIVELY say that UAT is deeper at the RB/FB position. I THINK NOT!!!!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hell you guys were only 2-2 against Dubose. The only "war" you guys have won has been the recent sucess you've enjoyed while we were going through a stretch influenced by penalties NOT because Alabama has become an also ran.

As I recall Auburn had some trouble as far as penalties go in the 90’s. I also do not recall a 0-4 stretch. I also recall some coaching controversies in 1998-99. Again I do not recall a 0-4 stretch. I long for the day when bammer will stop using the probation excuse.

Im telling you guys...write it down...deepest group of RBs and FBs COLLECTIVELY in the SEC.

It was obvious last year that our FB corps was well ahead of others...and McCLain and Castille both return.

Darby was the best RB in the SEC last year considering the line he had to run behind. And we return Coffee who played well last year...and Jimmy Johns who tore it up when he got in the games. NOBODY wants to tackle him in practice and he's had an awesome spring.

Thats not me being a bama homer. Thats based on last year and everyone coming back healthy.

To say RB alone is laughable makes no sense considering what our RBs did last season. Ken Darby if not the best in the SEC is a close second. And Jimmy Johns brings something to the table that no other RB in the SEC has shown. And where you have Tate, we have Roy Upchurch who had a great spring.

228891[/snapback]

Son, I'm sorry...but we had a defensive back last year, who was better at running the ball than ANYBODY you have. And that's just a fact. And we're so loaded at TB, he's going back to DEFENSE!

As for fullbacks...it'd be nice to have one, but with our 1 back and 2 back sets, and the brilliant use of our TE's as an H back, we really don't need one.

So you see...you're WRONG!

But thank you for playing! B)

:au::homer:

Um....in all this Darby/Bama vs. Irons/AU statistical banter, why has no one mentioned that Irons got 1 carry against GaTech and didn't take the starting role solely until the Arky game?

Guest Tigrinum Major
Um....in all this Darby/Bama vs. Irons/AU statistical banter, why has no one mentioned that Irons got 1 carry against GaTech and didn't take the starting role solely until the Arky game?

229010[/snapback]

Because BG is only worried about yards per carry, for some odd reason. I, on the other hand, like to deal in subjective opinion and hyperbole. It drives him crazy.

How's the beach? Have you retired down there or something?

How's the beach?  Have you retired down there or something?

229012[/snapback]

He's a lieyer....He's been retired....Wait I meant retarded.

Since we rarely use one, why should we be penalized? Our one scholarship FB tore an ACL. We are toast at that position.

We have a backup free safety that had a better ypc than anyone we have mentioned. Stats mean aMm.

Youre right...stats mean nothing. Now you are free to argue that Carl Stewart was better than Reggie Bush last year.

You shouldnt be punished for not using a fullback. But Brad Lester is not worth more than Leron McCLain and Tim Castille. McClain blocks a HELL of a lot better than any RB in the SEC and is very useful as a receiver out of the backfield.

228935[/snapback]

Brad Lester actually unseated Irons for the starting TB position at one point during the season...are you kidding???!!! :rolleyes:

229010[/snapback]

We had to leave you something.... :)

Son, I'm sorry...but we had a defensive back last year, who was better at running the ball than ANYBODY you have. And that's just a fact. And we're so loaded at TB, he's going back to DEFENSE!

229009[/snapback]

Yeah, speaking of "Yards Per Carry", what was T. Davis' average last year? Can't recall specifically, but wasn't it some ungodly figure in the double digits?

UAT doens't have the league best in any category. PERIOD.

228943[/snapback]

Well, tradishun-ally they have had the league's best salaries (for their players)..............

228952[/snapback]

They've gotta be near the top of the conference/nation in "creative excuse making" as well! :D

(Or most frequent use of the word "if"..)

229010[/snapback]

Because BG is only worried about yards per carry, for some odd reason. I, on the other hand, like to deal in subjective opinion and hyperbole. It drives him crazy.

How's the beach? Have you retired down there or something?

229012[/snapback]

The beach is glorious. I left ATL in my rearview to live the good life on the Gulf Coast. The prodigal son has returned after a 10 year absence.

How's the beach?  Have you retired down there or something?

229012[/snapback]

He's a lieyer....He's been retired....Wait I meant retarded.

229013[/snapback]

You'd better watch it, champ. Those slander cases are a nightmare!

We're doing it right with a beach party this weekend....shame you're stuck in GA.

229009[/snapback]

Yeah, speaking of "Yards Per Carry", what was T. Davis' average last year? Can't recall specifically, but wasn't it some ungodly figure in the double digits?

229032[/snapback]

At one point it was an average of 40 yards per carry.

Hmmmmmm.  Got to get the bike out of the shop on Friday.....Wonder how fast I could make it down?

229044[/snapback]

You could do it fast, Bandit-style. You just need a Snowman to run interference for you.

Tell Big and Little Enis you'll have their Coors for them on Monday.

"When I get home I'm gonna slap yo momma."

229057[/snapback]

"Give me a Diablo sandwich and a Dr. Pepper. You want anything, Junior?"

"I want hushpuppies, Daddy."

"We ain't got time for that crap!"

No...those numbers are reflective of many things...including offensive line. Ours was terrible last year.

I didnt say best offense. I didnt say best line. I said BEHIND THE QB...which is just FB and RB.

Kenny Irons vs Alabama: 3.7 yards per carry

Kenneth Darby vs Auburn: 4.9 yards per carry

228918[/snapback]

And a 3rd and 28 draw play for 20 yards means jack ****. Darby got his Arse handed to him in that game just like Brodie and Britt and the rest.

No way Bama has the best depth. I'll give you FB because I don't know WHO has quality FBs these days.

However, shouldn't the quality of the Bama's FBs negate all those yards Darby got last year? [sarcasm]I mean IF Auburn had those great FBs, Irons would've ran for a bajillion yards last year, right?[/sarcasm]

229009[/snapback]

229032[/snapback]

Yes!

RUSHING------------- GP Att Gain Loss Net Avg TD Long Avg/G

----------------------------------------------------------------

Kenny Irons----------12 256 1337 44 1293 5.1 13 74 107.8

Brad Lester-----------8 52 347 8 339 6.5 5 70 42.4

Tre Smith-------------12 56 311 26 285 5.1 3 46 23.8

Tristan Davis--------11 11 216 7 209 19.0 2 75 19.0

Carl Stewart--------- 9 42 182 31 151 3.6 2 19 16.8

RUSHING GP Att Gain Loss Net Avg TD Long Avg/G

-----------------------------------------------------------

Kenneth Darby----12 239 1294 52 1242 5.2 3 48 103.5

Jimmy Johns-----12 38 219 17 202 5.3 0 25 16.8

Glen Coffee-----12 48 199 20 179 3.7 0 37 14.9

Tim Castille----11 45 124 0 124 2.8 7 15 11.3

Le'Ron McClain--12 8 39 0 39 4.9 0 13 3.2

And you've got...what...DARBY with experience? Don't even TRY to compare EXPERIENCE and STATS player-to-player with Auburn.

Thats THREE players who started last year, FOUR whom saw 40 or more carries. All are RBs not FBs, but I've already conceded that point to Bama.

Yeah..you're right...returning good running backs isnt a reason to say your team will be good.

You are only allowed to say you have good running backs THIS year if your Oline was good last year. Makes sense.

I didnt say everybody on the team was 1st team AA. I was talking about SPECIFIC areas where we are strong. And our RBs last year helped us win 10 games. Which is pretty good I think.

I also think 1249 yards in the SEC with a 5.2 average is INCREDIBLY good. But you think its not. Which I dont understand. There's no "Darby would put up good numbers IF our Oline was good" HE PUT UP EXCELLENT NUMBERS. No excuses. What season has 1249 and 5.2 EVER NOT been good?

228924[/snapback]

Darby may be "good". Kenny Irons is returning as the BEST rb in the SEC. There can be no debate on that fact.

Just the facts Mam. :D

Darby owes a lot of his yards to Shula's creative play calling. I never know what he is going to throw into the playbook next. :P

Darby owes a lot of his yards to Shula's creative play calling.  I never know what he is going to throw into the playbook next.  :P

229150[/snapback]

Yeah, looking...looking...looking...quarterback keeper.

Darby owes a lot of his yards to Shula's creative play calling.  I never know what he is going to throw into the playbook next.   :P

229150[/snapback]

229158[/snapback]

Hey, that qb "keeper" accounted for 70 plus yards in the Iron Bowl.....LOST yards that is. :lol::lol::lol:

Too bad we will not have the skinny kid in the dark pink jersey to "sack" anymore.

Oh well, on to the next in a long line of uat losers. :thumbsup::poke:

Darby owes a lot of his yards to Shula's creative play calling.  I never know what he is going to throw into the playbook next.  :P

229150[/snapback]

229158[/snapback]

SACK

Archived